Caprica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

What do you think of Caprica series so far?

What do you think of Caprica series so far?

DEVILVSANGEL00

[41]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 2

pulling the show was the wrong way to go truthfully, yea there might of been some rough spots here and there but they was minor, truthfully i think it was pretty good for a season 1 show, the main reasons i wanted to see this show carry on was to see how William adama was raised, find out who this mother person was that all cylons look up 2 and take orders from, but i think i figured that out, all 12 gods under 1 all knowing all seeing god, aka god lol thats why the war started i believe, to be the catalyst to change their faith, to see the way of life they had before it was lost and all different aspects of their world and worlds, i think the taurens rule lol just love the way they do things with style and old skool mafia,

i still think the show had alot more goin for it then syfy gave it credit, if it didnt workout by the end of season 2 then pull it, but not now, their forgetting theres a world audience here not just a little 1 watching 1 channel in the usa, syfy you are doin the wrong thing,

ps putting off airing the remaining episodes will only make people who actually love the show more mad, including myself,

wish we had a better person with a wider mind in charge of syfy lol

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DanielRichards0

[42]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 7
    hoobydictator wrote:

DanielRichards0 wrote:
    I'm with you on the cylon aspect, and I looked up the numbers cause to be honest I'm not that diehard a fan of BSG and the first cylon war lasted 12.5 years and had been over for 40 years before BSG began and Caprica starts 58 years before the "fall" means the first war doesn't start till mid-season 5 and this show will never get anywhere near lasting that long if it doesn't spend more time with the cylons and since they only have 5 years to create and build them to the point that they go to war they need to get working on that storyline isn't that after all why any of us even considered watching this show to begin with?

Don't forget that they skipped ahead on BSG at the end of season 2, so it is possible that they may do the same thing again.

well the point is mute now that its been canned, but for the record that skip ahead BSG did by have them decide to setup a new colony on that damp dreary planet and give up on earth only to be overtaken by the cylons was the stupidest part of BSG and when it went downhill for me. Well that and blasting Cally out an airlock, that was just stupid especially when you consider the shear number of near death experiences she had over the years, and how truely good souled her character was, she deserved better then that.

Bytor65

[43]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 6

DanielRichards0 wrote:
    well the point is mute now that its been canned, but for the record that skip ahead BSG did by have them decide to setup a new colony on that damp dreary planet and give up on earth only to be overtaken by the cylons was the stupidest part of BSG and when it went downhill for me.

That was the exact point that BSG jumped the shark for me. All the main characters turn to mush and allow Baltar to strand them in that hole. I thought it was laughably bad, that to show the passage of time, they had Adama grow a mustache, and Apollow put on a fat suit.After this the series steadily went downhill and got more silly and melodramatic, which lead into the silly and melodramatic Caprica.