Caprica

Gravedancing

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 19, 2010 on Syfy

• While this episode provides a much welcome followup to the last episode's events, it shows no character development, and in essence nothing actually happens. After the long wait, I was expecting more.

After the long wait, I was expecting more.

Zoe seems to have a very minimal part here, reactive to events happening to her as opposed to doing something of her own, and even of that there is very little.

On the Adama camp, even less happens.
    The intriguing William storyline is no where to be seen, and the other Adama family members basically do nothing the entire episode. In essence, if the Adama family were not to be shown at all this episode, nothing would have changed in the long run.

The very little occurance that can be found here is with the Greystones, though it hardly makes up for basically just mentioning SoT and their storyline, while also only advancing it microscopically.

I suppose each and every episode cannot be filled with character defining events, and shocking cliffhangers, but it is also episodes like this one, where nothing really happens, that contributed to the downfall of Dollhouse. I am seriously hoping the next episode and the entire 1st season pick up the pace and fix this, and doesnt become a trend, because as much as I was saddened to see Dollhouse get canceled, I would be even more so if Caprica were, as a show with an enormous potential, and of course me being an insane BSG fan.