Caprica

Gravedancing

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 19, 2010 on Syfy

• With no understanding of what the other reviewers are watching in the same timeslot as I, this archetype sets out to speaks his mind.

Simply amazing. To those who cry a lack of development, I feel I must say (with no hope or agenda mind you) that as a student of film, literally, I find this to be the peak of the production team, screenwriting team, and producer (Ronald D Moore)'s career. A truly amazing progression, blow by blow of how characters on screen, and to a much deeper and more disturbing extent people - just like us - can break apart, held together by the most frail of family ties, barely protected by the birds of a feather, with all this serving as a breathtakingly dark precursor to the events we all know are coming, in half a century's time. Whilst this is part review of the show, and part review of the episode, it feels one and the same, the story being what it is - a serialised drama, written the RIGHT way. To all of those to fail and flail to see development of character, look again - it's the decay that you really should be watching for.