Caprica

Pilot

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 22, 2010 on Syfy

• Caprica has the opportunity to be another good show if it is given a chance by the audience.

I just saw this pilot and as a prelude to a new show it convinced me to watch any future episodes, at least the first ones. As a big BSG fan it was kind of a letdown. As a fan ,the only thing that would keep me watching would be the curiosity to see what actually happened in the first war and how it began, but I have a feeling that curiosity won`t really make me appreciate the show more. I think the association with the BSG 2003 is an unfortunate one for Caprica. The expectations are too high because BSG was such a good show, so complex and clever on so many levels. Caprica has the opportunity to be another good show if it is given a chance by the audience. We should forget for a minute about BSG and take this NEW show for what it is. On another note, the pilot wasn`t brilliant. To be honest I wasn`t crazy about BSG`s pilot either so who am I to judge?? I recommend it to everybody who is willing to give it a chance and not compare it to its already consecrated sister.