Caprica

Pilot

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 22, 2010 on Syfy

• The beginning of the end - although a slow moving introduction to the series, by the end of the episode I felt that this show has plenty of potential.

Although this series already feels completely different from "Battlestar Galactica", it is still a great show. The first twenty minutes were falling apart here and there, the dialogue seemed stiff and I simply couldn't see where things were going.

But by the end of the episode, I know that this show can live up to it's predecessor, and it will deliver the thrills and drama that 'Battlestar' gave us through the five year period that it was airing new episodes on TV.

At times the plot wasn't really going anywhere, and at times I lost interest, but the episode never let go. It had dull moments, sure, but the excitement, the twists and turns that this show has already given are more than enough to keep me watching.

My only major concern is the period in which I need to wait for the series to actually start. 2010 is quite a long way from the current day ... but I really can't wait. The entertainment that Battlestar gave us all these years is still present in this show and although the atmosphere is different, it is still full of potential, full of excitement. I can't wait to see where the writers decide to go from here.