Caprica

Syfy (ended 2010)

walrus_8463

Caprica Fan Reviews (30)

• A prequel to the events of BSG with some heavy Frankenstien overtones that would have made Mary Shelley herself proud.

It may be a different setting and have different characters but from the pilot I can see that this series will do a great job of recreating what made BSG such a powerful show: the exploration of human feelings, desires, and motivations in less than ideal living circumstances; kind of like the world we actually live in. The new version of BSG had some action sequences but at heart is was a drama about the human condition and in this pilot it's clear that Caprica will continue to explore what makes a person good or evil and more importantly make one question if we don't all exist in the grey area between those extremes. Not only is the writing superb but the acting is top notch. I've always been a fan of Eric Stoltz and he's really given the chance to shine here as a brilliant scientist\weapons contractor with questionable business ethics who also happenes to be a father that loves his daughter too much for his (and the 12 colonies) own good.