difficult to rate the show from the pilot but
In one single episode we do understand:
1. why cylons are monotheists
2. why cylons have a plan
3. why cylons are called cylons
4. why Bill Adama is a though guy
maybe too many revelations for a single episode?
we also get clues about:
1. geminon weird religion
2. tauron's yakuza/maori affiliations
3. a terrorist group (never spoken of in Battlestar Galactica series) which is going to become the center of the story
the most problematic character is certainly Joseph Adams whose ethical dilemma is set very badly
finally a question remains unanswered:
if zoe's father is able to reconstruct Joseph's daughter why he's not able to (re)do the same with his own daughter?