Caprica

Syfy (ended 2010)

walrus_8463

Caprica Fan Reviews (30)

• A show with amazing potential... spoiled.

Caprica was given everything to become a great show - a cult background (Battlestar Galactica), a fair budget and a really fascinating subject. All the attempts to answer the basic and most interesting existential and ontological questions are what makes great sci-fi. Do we have a soul? Is it connected to our body or can it carry on without it? Is it possible to make artificial intelligence and if so, will it be capable of being emotional?

Apparently, the makers of the show weren't capable of creating characters with even a slightest shade of emotion, feelings or any sort of a valid psychological profile whatsoever.

I wouldn't even know who to begin with... parents, that don't grieve? A daughter, that doesn't, for even a moment, miss them, reach out to try to make up for everything that was wrong between them, use the chance she was given to say "I love you" or "I'm sorry"?

Well, I'm sorry, but that's just a load of bullsh*t.

PS: oh, and driving Citroens and using Nokia cell phones on a planet of people, that are quite sure that Earth is just a fairy tale? Seriously? Was it too hard to design a new phone and use less characteristic cars thant the legendary DS (w i t h t h e l o g o ? ! ?)