Caprica

Syfy (ended 2010)

walrus_8463

Caprica Fan Reviews (30)

• Caprica is a sci-fi drama with adolescents and religion based on 12 zodiac tribal planets. The story was very slow in progression, and had a mid season break, which led to its demise. However, when all are seen back to back, the anticipatio

Let me start off by saying that I have seen the last six (6) un-aired episodes (in the United States) thanks to Canadian programming.

Caprica started out great. As a prequel, I was interested to know how the cylon story played out prior to the BSG re-imaging. The terrorist plot early in the season arc was good action and drama.

I didn't like that every other episode was boring in how they just introduced more characters and their troubles. These eps didn't answer my origin questions from BSG. But I watched them because I was a fan, and I would stick around to see what happens next.

I was more interested in the virtual world, with the holo-bands, than real life goings-on. I didn't care for the Tauran way of life and how it related to Caprica.

But then it got good again. A key thing happened and things started moving more quickly. But then we had a mid-season break, and lost the momentum. Also, the very next episode was disconnected from the mid-season climax.

These three things lowered the viewership and the powers that be (TPTB) did not renew for a second season, and canceled the show right then and there.

They didn't even let the last 6 episodes play out. They just pulled the plug without warning.

It's too bad, as those last six episodes had the pay off from the building up of the plot.

For this reason I give this show a 9 out of 10.