Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels

ABC (ended 1980)

TVvuer69

Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels Fan Reviews (10)

7.3
  • Frozen in a block of ice for millions of years, only to be found for our entertainment!

Even if this series is quite old, it still packs up a good pack of laughs. The characters are hillarious and even though some plots may have been taken directly from Scooby-Doo, you can't deny that there's a certain glamour to this series.

Captain Caveman's humour is both simple and funny, which works perfectly along side the TeenAngels different personalities. An awesome example of what good cartoons Hanna Barbera did over the years. Highly recommended!
  • Rare = AWESOMENESS!

This show could've been on Boomerang more often...This show kicked more ass than any other show that is not Scooby Doo.
  • Captain Caveman had a fun and original lead character - a super-powered ball of hair with a great catch-phrase - and that was enough to make it a good cartoon.

Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels was one of many Crime-Solving Teens +Talking Animal Sidekick cartoons that flooded the airwaves in the 70s. The flood was a response to the breakout hit Scooby Doo as everyone tried to copy Scooby's formula.

The twist in Captain Caveman is that the talking animal is not an animal, but a caveman. A caveman so hairy and backwards that he looks, and talks, like an animal.

Despite its derivative origins, Captain Caveman was a fun cartoon. It had good visual gags and, most importantly, an excellent catch-phrase -- Captain Caaaaaaaaaaaaaveman! Shouting "Captain Caaaaaaveman!" was excellent fun for kids in the late 70s.

The plots were standard and derivative children's mystery show plot, but so what. Captain Caveman had a fun and original lead character - a super-powered ball of hair with a great catch-phrase - and that was enough to make it a good cartoon.
  • Cool little program, remembering it now..it definitely brings back memories of the good old days. It is, I'd say, nostalgic.

Well, back when I was younger, I'd say..1998 perhaps, this show used to be on at about 7 o' clock in the morning.
    I'd get up before school, I'd have my marmite covered toast and my cerials and I'd sit on the floor-sometimes next to the warm glow of the fire and watch this childhood gem of a show.
    It would be in with the usual line-up of shows like Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry kids, or perhaps Top Cat.
    I loved this show and the small majority of other shows I have listed.
    It was a cool show, but did lack the depth that the show Scooby Doo had, however this in my opinion was the better show.
  • When I was younger I used to love this cartoon.

Of course this Hanna-Barbera show was modeled off Charlie's Angels and their own two properties: Scooby-Doo (which Cavey and the Angels appeared with the cowardly Great Dane on Laff-O-Lympics) and The Flintstones (hich Cavey would appear with later in the 80's after the Teen Angels went off the air). But as a kid, I used to have a crush on all three of the Angels and the slapstick comedy of Cavey was humorous as well. Mel Blanc voices as a fluffy caveman thing who was found frozen in ice. He is now a constant hero companion to the Teen Angels, Brenda, Dee Dee and Taffy. Throughout the series they have many hilarious, and sometimes scary missions, or adventures. They involve robberies, ghosts and kidnaps. Every episode "Cavey" uses his fur of tolls or his mallet of gadgets to solve mysteries and catch the villains.

At the time, this was quite an amusing and quite fun show to watch.
  • A bad cartoon

i saw "Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels" when I was a kid. The problem is that I didn't like it. Captain Caveman always screams "Captain Caveman!" that really got on my nerves. As for the Teen Angels it noting more than a rip oiff of "Charlie's Angels." It was made by hanna-Barbara when the 1970's saw amination being held prisoner on Saturday Morning Television, and the people behind the series had no clue execpt to borrow concept from other prime time series. This series doesn;t do much to me. I wasted my time on a TV show that doesn't make sense.
  • another scooby doo rip off

6.6
    it seems like every cartoon that hanna barberra made was just another scooby doo rip off. this was one of my favorites. it had the slap stick jokes and the lame mysteries. and who could forget the trade mark captaaain caaavvee maaaan. the stories were just re written over and over.
  • Atypical of the Saturday morning cartoon of the 1970s.

4.6
    There are those who are far younger than I who tend to look back on "Captain Caveman & The Teen Angels" with some fondness. I look back to watching it as it was part of ABC's "Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics" and think "what was I thinking?"

It tries to meld the then-hot series "Charlie's Angels" (another show whose popularity baffles me) with "Scooby Doo, Where Are You!" with the result being complete comedy inertia. The girls--Brenda, Dee Dee, and Taffy--are nothing more than eye candy basically just talking a lot and Captain Caveman is a furry stooge that was more in place three years later on "The Flintstone Comedy Show" (where he was paired up with Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble).

There were worse cartoons in the 1970s, and to its credit, "Captain Caveman" only occupied fifteen-minute slots on the "Laff-A-Lympics" show.
  • A mystery solving cartoon with a twist.

I must admit that by watching this show I got hooked on other, very similar programs. As a kid, I loved every episode. I think that Captain Caveman was the beginning of the mystery shows. It deffinetely has influenced writters everywhere to create more shows like this one. I would love to see it again, if thats ever going to be possible. Captain Caveman was the cutest character and his occasional flying disasters were always very funny. Not to mention those pets that he kept, absolutely amazing! The Teen Angels were not so much a favourite of mine but since they discovered Cavie, the show couldnt be complete without them!
  • To be honest, I would have preferred to spend my time elsewhere than finish watching this. However, I kept thinking that there is great potential behind this and I was half right.

To be honest, I would have preferred to spend my time elsewhere than finish watching this. However, I kept thinking that there is great potential behind this and I was half right. There was potential to say the least but this potential was poorly exploited leaving a show that is half decent. Nonetheless, you really have to see Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels to get what I'm talking about.