Captain N & the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3

NBC (ended 1991)

Captain N & the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 Fan Reviews (33)

• Better than the predecessor, but it still has flaws.

"The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3" aired for 13 episodes on NBC from 1990-1990. Yes I know it was very short-lived. Anyway, it was the 2nd cartoon show based on Nintendo's most popular video game series of all time "Mario". This one is based on "Super Mario Bros. 3" wich was the new Mario game at the time this show came out. Like it's predecessor it was produced by DiC Entertainment, and also like "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!" it contained some canonical errors. In this show's case the main one is: the Koopalings's names.

Larry is now called Cheatsy,

Roy is now Bully,

Wendy is Kootie-Pie

Lemmy is Pip

Iggy is Pop

Morton is Big-Mouth

and Ludwig is Kooky.

Also, by this time King Koopa's first name Bowser was already revealed, and most of the time in this show they still call him Koopa.

Probably the only things I hated about this show (besides the koopaling names being different) were: too many animation mistakes. And them going into the real world. That's just stupid. Why would Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad go to the real world. They should've stuck with the Mushroom Kingdom. I absolutely hated the ones where the go to the real world. Overall this show is good. It's better than "Super Show" and it's very fun to watch, and if you ask me, this one has a bigger Nintendo-feel than the other two. This is the best Mario cartoon.

Rating: 71% "Good"