Captain N and the New Super Mario World

NBC (ended 1991)

Captain N and the New Super Mario World Fan Reviews (25)

• Super Mario World is a very flawed show.

This is Super Mario World, it aired side by side with Season 3 of Captain N: The Game Master.

Just like the other Mario cartoons, this show was produced by DIC Entertainment. The show is based on a popular SNES game called Super Mario World (also known as Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan) Now, seeing that it's based on a game that's good, it's going to be a materpiece, right?

Wrong!

The story is about Mario, Luigi, and Princess Toadstool (Princess Peach) that came to Dinosaur World for a vacation. They banished King Koopa (Bowser) from the Princess's Mushroom Kingdom, but unfortually he found away to escape into the dinosuar world. When Mario and the gang got to dome city, there was no one there. Then out of no where, Koopa Football Players, grabbed the princess. Indicating she is getting kidnapped by King Koopa (Bowser). The Mario Brothers rescue the princess with the help of a dinosaur named Yoshi. learn this in the episode Mama Luigi, the episode where Luigi tells Yoshi the story on how they met.

Now, when I first watched this show on YouTube l, I thought this show was great! But then after a while I thought it was OK, then after that I thought "Oh, I'm not watching this anymore."

Let's start with the flaws, okay?

Well, to start off, when your watching a Mario cartoon, do you want episodes where Mario and Luigi are teaching cave people random things? No, Of course not. That's all they ever do in this show! The cave people are having a hard time doing something, and the Mario brothers teach them or build them something that will help them. I couldn't care less if Mario and Luigi are teaching cave people how to use a phone, how to do teamwork, or some other shit I don't care about. News flash DiC, no one cares about the cave people. Now, to be fair, I liked the episodes "Ghost R Us" "Mama Luigi" "Fire Sale" "A Little Learning" "Send in the Clown" "Born to Ride" and "King Scoopa Koopa" because those didn't have anything to do with teaching the cave people something. There is also a character that was added in besides Yoshi, and that is Oogtar. A caveman who is a greedy bastared but changed after the episode "Cave Christmas"

The animation is also bad. It was good in SMBSS and TAOSMB3, but it's not good in Super Mario World. It can be slow, and choppy. This show is also cheesy and corny as hell.

Examples:

Luigi: That's Mama Luigi to you Mario!

Mario: It's a stone Luigi! You didn't make it!

Mario: Now I know how meatball feels.

Mario: You didn't catch the ball, you were the ball!

Luigi: Who's an egg head, egg face?!

Yeah, that's all the lines I could find. Oh, and why is Dinosaur Land called Dinosuar World? It's not like there in a different planet. Also, why are there cave people any way? In the game it said that Dinosaur Land (World) was inhabited by Dinosaurs, now it's saying it's inhabited by cave people too?

Another thing that falls flat on it's face is the musical numbers. They were good in SMBSS, but now they are just pointless and annoying. I mean, it's not like Walt Disney made this, right?

All the enemy's names are wrong! Wigglers are called Caterpillers, Monty Moles are called Gophers, Chargin' Chucks are called Koopa Football Players, Bonzai Bills are called Magnum Bills, and Sumo Bros are called Fire Sumos!!! WHAT THE TRUCK?!

Anyway, let's talk about the things I like in this show.

To start off, at least we don't see Mario and the gang in the real world. Making them go to the real world is pointless and stupid. The real world is mentioned, but at least we don't see Mario in it.

I also like how they use Super Mario World music for the background. It matches the scenery of where The Mario Brothers are at. For example, when there at King Koopa's Castle, fortress music is playing. The voice acting is also pretty good.

But overall, this show is decent. It's not good, but ir's not bad either. I wouldn't recommend it, but if your looking for something that's really cheesy and corny, and I mean REALLY cheesy and corny, then look no further, because I found something you'll enjoy.

Final Score: 3.0

Grade: D-

Edit: Wow, so far this is my longest review yet.