Captain N: The Game Master

NBC (ended 1991)

RaijinPaladinix

Captain N: The Game Master Fan Reviews (13)

7.8
  • A TV show based on all kinds of games on the NES.

Here is my review for this great TV show based on a video-game or two. It is "Captain N: The Game Master", and it is based on lots of classic video-games that were released on the Nintendo Entertainment System (or NES, for short). It is about a teenage boy named Kevin and his dog, Duke, getting sucked into Videoland, a world found inside his NES. There, they meet Princess Lana, who chose Kevin to protect Videoland from the forces of evil. They also go on all kinds of adventures with three best-known video-game heroes: Mega Man (Mega Man), Kid Icarus (Kid Icarus), and Simon Belmont (Castlevania). The villains in this show are a gang of video-game bad guys that work together: Mother Brain (Metroid), Dr. Wily (Mega Man), King Hippo (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!), and The Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus). This show also has plenty of other characters from games as well, such as Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong) and Link (The Legend Of Zelda). When I first saw this show, I didn't know much about the games they were from. But as time passed I managed to play most of the games that were in the show, and I liked it more than I did when I was young. This show is recommended for anyone who loves the NES.