TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Couples?

  • Avatar of RICEA42991

    RICEA42991

    [1]Sep 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 359
    I used to see this show when they gave it on Cartoon network now it's on Boomerang and I can't remember were there any couples or crushes between the planeters ?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wudaddy79

    wudaddy79

    [2]Sep 25, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 66
    Wheeler really liked Linka from the first episode.  That was the only known crush within the group.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RICEA42991

    RICEA42991

    [3]Oct 17, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 359
    wudaddy79 wrote:
    Wheeler really liked Linka from the first episode.  That was the only known crush within the group.
    Thanks do you know if the others had other crushes or  were they only single
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JeRvIs_TeTcH

    JeRvIs_TeTcH

    [4]Oct 29, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 298
    no thats it.. wheeler wanted linka... not that it has anything to do with the show
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RICEA42991

    RICEA42991

    [5]Nov 13, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 359
    I know it has nothing to do with the show but like I said I used to see it on cartoon network long ago now I saw i on boomerang and the episode I saw I can't  remember the name but it was mostly about Wheeler and I saw romantically with a girl named Trish who was called Trash too and I remembered he liked Linka so I thought something happened and wondered
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wudaddy79

    wudaddy79

    [6]Dec 1, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 66
    RICEA42991 wrote:
    I know it has nothing to do with the show but like I said I used to see it on cartoon network long ago now I saw i on boomerang and the episode I saw I can't  remember the name but it was mostly about Wheeler and I saw romantically with a girl named Trish who was called Trash too and I remembered he liked Linka so I thought something happened and wondered


    The episode was called "Talking Trash." Trish (Trash) was a girl from Wheeler's past. Linka was still his current crush at the time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beckaboop

    beckaboop

    [7]Jan 11, 2007
    • member since: 01/08/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 95
    Did you notice how jealous Linka was in that episode though? Remember the episode that had the dream sequence where Linka and Wheeler were married and had kids? It was the classic story of when a guy likes a girl, and the girl likes him back but doesn't want to admit it even to herself!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GerMan666

    GerMan666

    [8]Apr 3, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 613

    Let's make a twist on this thread. Eco-Villain Couples.

     

    Imagine Duke Nukem with Blight. 

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TVObsessee

    TVObsessee

    [9]Jul 27, 2007
    • member since: 03/05/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 283
    Can I throw in the crazy idea that Captain Planet had something going on to keep those kids such loyal followers. It wasn't just the save the world thing. He was totally brain washing them. No person in their right mind would ever concider being a super hero for the environment. Just a thought.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mobbs456

    mobbs456

    [10]Aug 20, 2007
    • member since: 06/05/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 817

    Kwame and Gee had something too -

    i was kinda hoping Linka and Wheeler would get it together the chemistry between them was PHEW!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lequericacalvo

    lequericacalvo

    [11]Nov 5, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,404
    wudaddy79 wrote:
    Wheeler really liked Linka from the first episode. That was the only known crush within the group.


    Is true, cause Kwamee and Gii didn´t had any thing and Matee well, I dont know about Matee.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RICEA42991

    RICEA42991

    [12]Feb 13, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 359
    wudaddy79 wrote:
    RICEA42991 wrote:
    I know it has nothing to do with the show but like I said I used to see it on cartoon network long ago now I saw i on boomerang and the episode I saw I can't remember the name but it was mostly about Wheeler and I saw romantically with a girl named Trish who was called Trash too and I remembered he liked Linka so I thought something happened and wondered
    The episode was called "Talking Trash." Trish (Trash) was a girl from Wheeler's past. Linka was still his current crush at the time.
    Oh ok I get it so it was for old times sake lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RICEA42991

    RICEA42991

    [13]Feb 13, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 359
    beckaboop wrote:
    Did you notice how jealous Linka was in that episode though? Remember the episode that had the dream sequence where Linka and Wheeler were married and had kids? It was the classic story of when a guy likes a girl, and the girl likes him back but doesn't want to admit it even to herself!
    Wow yeah she was jealous , Aww I never saw the ep with the dream sequence which ep was that and I just read they was a ep where she was drugged and coming on to Wheeler lol which was that . I never noticed anthing between Gi and Kaimi was there?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someone198

    someone198

    [14]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 1,144

    Wheeler and Linka were the only official couple (and a pretty cool one, too), but Kwame/Gi shippers would have a case. In the second episode, Kwame causes an earthquake that knocks Gi off a climbing wall on the obstacle course and right into his arms. In one of the earliest episodes, Gi's running to the shore on Hope Island and crashes into Kwame while he's planting a tree... and remains lying on top of him on the ground while she tells him what's going on. If this were an anime, such a scene would be like an alarm blaring "COUPLE!" In the episode when Kwame has to save the other four from a trash compactor-shaped death trap, he digs Gi out first. He's not too fond of the professor she has a crush on in the episode when they go to France- maybe he was jealous?

    I've also always pictured Captain Planet and Gaia as lovers- I mean, he protects the Earth, and she's the spirit of the Earth, so he's her personal protector and defender, right?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RICEA42991

    RICEA42991

    [15]Aug 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 359
    someone198 wrote:

    Wheeler and Linka were the only official couple (and a pretty cool one, too), but Kwame/Gi shippers would have a case. In the second episode, Kwame causes an earthquake that knocks Gi off a climbing wall on the obstacle course and right into his arms. In one of the earliest episodes, Gi's running to the shore on Hope Island and crashes into Kwame while he's planting a tree... and remains lying on top of him on the ground while she tells him what's going on. If this were an anime, such a scene would be like an alarm blaring "COUPLE!" In the episode when Kwame has to save the other four from a trash compactor-shaped death trap, he digs Gi out first. He's not too fond of the professor she has a crush on in the episode when they go to France- maybe he was jealous?

    I've also always pictured Captain Planet and Gaia as lovers- I mean, he protects the Earth, and she's the spirit of the Earth, so he's her personal protector and defender, right?

    OMG yeah if this was a anime fans would already have shrines of that coupling lol Now that I think of it Kwame was acting a bit jealous of the scientist in that episode you mentioned...hmm.... maybe I wish Boomerang were still giving this series
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of darkvampyr

    darkvampyr

    [16]Jul 31, 2009
    • member since: 01/10/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 6
    Linka and Wheeler almost kissed in the third episode!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.