Captain Planet and the Planeteers

TBS (ended 1996)

wudaddy79

Captain Planet and the Planeteers Fan Reviews (47)

• Possibly the worst cartoon of the 90s.

Just to warn some people - if you are (or were) a fan of this one - maybe you shouldn't read my review. I won't be kind to this show.

In the late 80s / early 90s there were some excellent cartoon series that I grew up with. This show was NOT one of them. Most of my friends (including some of relatives) used to adore this show. They would rave on about it (and to tell you the truth - sometimes I kind of felt left out). I couldn't stand this show though. The characters were so bland and the premises were very weak. It was like someone had taken a giant ball of garbage and translated it into a TV program for kids to enjoy (even though I was a kid and I certainly didn't enjoy it).

I couldn't believe that it was able to stay on TV for more than two seconds - let alone a few years. It was and will always be a bomb.

My rating is 2/10, one of the lowest scores that I have ever given to any TV show. The only reason why it gets a few points is because it was meant to teach kids how we should conserve or protect our planet (even if it tried and failed miserably). However, at least the animation was better than today's standard.