Cardcaptor Sakura

TV Tokyo (ended 2000)

Angus_Mac

Cardcaptor Sakura Fan Reviews (79)

• Cute and heartwarming show

I used to grew up with Cardcaptor Sakura with my cousin and we still love the show until now. It was my cousin who introduced me this show for the first time, she was a fan of Cardcaptor Sakura. Me and my cousin used to spend our time watching Cardcaptor Sakura during weekends or school holidays, I still remember that. We also used to squeal like no tomorrow everytime we see many of those adorable moments on the show. Me and my cousin also still remember the day when we played together mimicking Sakura's cardcapturing action.

Sakura is such a adorable character and I totally like her, many of the other characters are also adorable. Great character development for each characters too, especially on Syaoran and his cousin Meiling. The supporting characters and the minor characters are also fine. I have never encounter any single annoying characters on this show which is a plus, unlike some of the other anime shows that I have watched.

The story lines are great even though some of them can be repetitive, the character interactions are also lovely, the musics are great, the animation is great, and the action is fine. Those are the things that make the show cute, thrilling, and heartwarming at the same time.

My personal favorite episodes are "Sakura in the Wonderland" and many episodes that include the adorable/romantic scenes between Sakura and Li Syaoran. Majority of my favorite episodes can be found on the season 3, some on the season 2, and some on the season 1.

I really enjoyed the developing relationship between Sakura and Li Syaoran which is starting from rivals to becoming a romantic couple eventually. I personally think that the relationship between Sakura and Li Syaoran is quite well-paced and well-developed throughout the series, they are my favorite pairing of this show. I also enjoyed the wonderful friendship between Sakura and her best friend Tomoyo, I think Tomoyo is a really good friend and I simply love Tomoyo's character. Sakura's relationship with her friends, acquaintances, and family are also quite interesting to watch throughout the series.

Overall, this show is worth to watch and worth to enjoy.

• cardcaptor sakura

I love Sakura she is so cute and so polite I want to be like her when I grow up!
  • Clamp's Masterpiece!

If you are a fan of Magical Girl animes such as Sailor Moon, then, this is an anime for you, my friends. You really have to love the way the story of Sakura and her friends is told. The animation is pure gold and the voices (the original Japanese voices I mean) are unbeatable. For a very long time this was and it still is one of the best animes/mangas of all time.

The show tells us the adventures and misadventures of Sakura Kinomoto and her friends, while she tries to collect a deck of magical cards, and become a true Cardcaptor. I give it a 9 because it's good, but when compared to Sailor Moon, let's just say that the Guardian of Love and Justice beats Sakura. A must see for every anime fan.
  • Even though this show is only available in Japanese, This show still ROCKS!!

I really like this show. This show is about Sakura Kinomoto, an average 4th grade school girl who is good at gym class. One day, Sakura discovers a book in her father's library. This book happens to be a Clow Card book. Kero, the beast of the seal awakens, and tells Sakura to find the Clow Cards. Sakura, and friends go on many spellbinding adventures together. The dialog in this show is really good! The episodes are well done, and the some of the humor is really funny. I like it when Sakura steps on her brother's foot. I always think that part is really funny. The music is show is awesome! I like the themes of the show. The characters in this show ROCK! The characters are sooo cute, and have a well balanced lifestyle. Most of these characters are also in Tsubasa: Reservior Chronicle. Overall, awesome show, cute lovable characters, fun music, excellent dialog, lots a' magic. I would recommend this show to anyone.
  • An awesome show with cute characters and an engaging storyline...

Intro:
    Card Captor Sakura is one of my favourite shows of all time and my favourite Anime one. It features a cast of very lovable characters from the cute and perky Sakura to the serious, but soft-hearted Shaoran Li.

Story 10/10:
    Card Captor Sakura follows the journey of a young girl, Sakura Kinomoto, who lives in Japan and attends fourth grade at school. She discoveres a book full of magical cards in her basement adn accidently lets them escape, it then becomes her job to recover them and in the process becomes the worlds only Card Captor. The story is very engaging, exciting and has quite numerous twists and turns to keep you interested through all three seasons!

Characters 10/10:
    The show, as previously mentioned, features the main character of Sakura Kinomoto. She lives the life of a fairly typical fourth grader until she discovers the mgaic Clow Cards and her world turns upsidedown. She has an annoying brother by the name of Toya who seems to fnd work at every job in Japan and a loving father who is a professor. Her mother died when she was very little, but does not remember much about her. She is also in love with Toya's best friend Yukito, but he is quite a few years older than her. Her best friend at school is Tomoyo who is the daughter of a sucessful bussiness woman and is obssessed with filming Sakura on her Cam Corder. Soon into the show you will also meet Cereberos or Kero the guardian of the Clow Cards. He is your fairly typical Japanese Anime show mascot and follows Sakura in her adventures. You will also meet Shaoran and Meilin Li not long into the show who are cousins from Hong Kong and are also after the Clow Cards.

Animation Style 10/10:
    The animation is very well done in Card Captor Sakura and very enjoyable to watch. Facial expressions are great and will often have you laughing in some situations. Each character also has their own unique style and dress sense which really stes them apart and makes them interesting. Everything has been beautifully draw and is wonderful to watch!

Flow 10/10:
    Card Captor Sakura flows very well and you'll never feel like you're just being fed fillers in episode. Each episode will achieve something greater if you look hard such as relationships between chracters or twists and turns in the story. You won't be getting bored in episodes!

Outro 10/10:
    Card Captor Sakura is a truly great show and whilst aimed more at young children, all ages will thoughroughly enjoy it. If you are an anime fan you owe it to yourself to watch this show!
  • Another anime classic!

Cardcaptor Sakura is another of my favorite anime! Back in 2000, however, I wasn't interested in it when it was airing on Kids WB, sine I was into Pokemon. Later around 6 years later, I decided to get into the Japanese Version and I liked it. The characters (Mostly female characters) were greatly designed and perfectly animated. Back when I decided to watch it, which was after I tried another anime, which didn't work out, I wanted to watch a kids like anime, which was this one. I have seen all 70 episodes, two movies and the three specials by now and I still watch them. I don't know what to say about the clow cards and the guardians. Still I like this anime.
  • it is a great show

it is a great show with gorgeous animation great story with good characters. this show gives new wings to your imagination .i recommend every person specially childs must watch this show .it entertain you,encourage you gives lots of information . story telling and describing is too top rated even i can watch that show 1000th of times . i have said lots of praise full things about that show , also tv.com provides rating and every episode guide .reading that guide tells you the real power of that show so every member and every person who visit tv.com must see the cardcaptors .
  • Cute and funny! (Spoilers)

I started this in the English version. Then I found out that the English doesn't follow the the same story line and isn't ask dramatic and interesting. When i was on the Japanese version I found it much cuter. Especially the innocent and hilarious relationship between Sakura and Sharon. The 1st movie was a little dull to me. Not much to do with the cards them self really, but I guess I we got to find out more about the creator of the cards. The 2nd movie on the other hand was adorable. I would have loved to see them kiss at the end, but I guess that's me. I personally love it when they end the series with a movie, but I would love for them to start a new season when she's older and still has the clow cards or even her training the newest master of the cards. Even though it would be sad. It an idea to bring back a great show. I do kinda like that they left me with questions to let me imagination wonder but them I wish they gave just a little more to it as a teaser.
    Overall I loved it. ^^
  • Sakura opens a magical book full of Clow cards and suddenly has to capture them using the ones she has,with the help of a mysterious plushie guardian, Keroberos.

This show is awesome! Absoluty a classic "Magical Girl" Anime! This show is so great! I was so sad when the series ended. I liked the japanese version. I would have liked it if they were at least in middle school , like in Tsubasa Chronicles. Sakura and Toya are so much like me and my brother. He calls me a monster when I clobber down the stairs and I always hate him when he does that,but I love him like Sakura for always. Sakura always seemed she hated Syoaran , and loved Yukito,yet she loved Syoaran all along . Wow!
  • This is my all time favorite Show. I love everything about it. From Sakura's cute personality to Li and his cute blushing moments.

I got hooked on this show by watching the dubbed and realized how much better the uncut verison was. All the magic and wonder in the show is great. I have to abmit the things in the show like Li liking Yukito and the Yukito and Toya relationship creeps me out a little but that will never stop me from loving this show. I love how Sakura justs melts everyone's heart that she knows: Li being the main one. I just love the relationship between Sakura and Li. He slowly went from hating Sakura to becoming her friend to liking her to loving her, I really enjoyed watching those parts in the series. This show is great for all ages and everyone should watch it. It my inspire u to be a better person like Sakura... it did to me.
  • I use to watch the dub, I thought Card Captor was a decent show, for someone who couldn't understand what was happening in the show.

A few years ago my friend introduced me to the manga of Card Captors, but I hated reading so I lost intrest in it again. But now CCS has captured my intrest and it's back again since I'm looking for new anime to watch. I love how nearly every episode there is a different costume for Sakura and I like how it's 'girly'. The colors are nice too. I also like the way the clow cards have their own different personailites and powers. I wish I could use magic like that. One thing that I don't like about CCS is the love intrests. They make it seem like Li likes Yuki but we all know that he's in love with the main character.. I never got to finish the anime yet but it also seems that Toya likes Yuki. Sakura already likes him and Toya too? That just seems strange to me..
  • Used to watch this when I was a kid... and I absolutely got hooked.

The show started back in 1998 with the basic plot of a girl opening a mysterious book and letting lose some magical CLOW CARDS. Since she had the ability to open the book, she is revealed later on to have magical powers and is given the responsibility to track all of them down and SEAL them back. Sealing them is no easy task, however, as she must battle the magical manifestation of that card, which makes each episode more than unique and often times more involving than you would imagine. This along with Fushigi Yuugi and Basilisk are among my most favorite anime shows, and I recommend this show to everyone, though it may appear a bit childish at first. Give it a try.
  • I love it

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really LOVE IT
  • Cardcaptor Sakura was one of my classic favorite Magical-Girl animes. There was romance, magic, school-life all in a pack, but there was a problem with it that I didn't like...

Cardcaptor Sakura is one of my classic favorite Magical-Girl animes. I watched it when I was 10, so it was perfect for me. It was a little funny, the main character was really ditzy, there was magic, there was love, there was friendship, and enemies. I also watched the two movies and I liked how nicely the gift was wrapped up in the end.

But, I keep thinking after I finish this and encourage my friends to watch, was it really necessary to drag it on for 70 episodes? Some say, probably, in order to capture 52 cards, and then turn them into Sakura cards. As I do some research, the original manga only had (I am not very sure about this) 4-10 Clow Cards. Definitely not 52, as I remember.

Other than that, it was a great anime, and the dragging didn't affect me much, since I had a lot of free time on my hands when I was 10. But for now, not anymore, so the problem resurfaces for the people who don't have time for 70 episodes.
  • I LOVE IT!!!

This show is my personal favourite!!! Everything about it perfect!!! The characters, the romance, the fighting, and everything!!! The end was very good too!!! Sakura is a very cute little elementary school girl ewho is very kind, is very easily scared. She is still cute. One day, HERO SYAORAN comes in and completes the show like no other!!! Who knew that elmentary school kids make such a good relationship!!! I absolutely love it!!! When I saw the 1st episode with my sister, my MOUTH literally DROPPED open!!! I was so shocked and amazed at the same time because it was so cute, great, and the fight for her first time was tremendous!!! It was like I was dreaming!!! I find the show better to understand, but I like both the same!!!
  • This show has it all. Action, romance, adventure. The hero is a young girl who needs to capture all of the Clow Cards she accidentally scatters to prevent bad things from happening.

Sakura, a young girl stumbles upon a book containing Clow Cards, one day, and the story goes from there. Cardcaptor Sakura is not the sort of thing I would normally watch and was resistant when my friend wanted to show it to me. She turned it on and I was captivated. The story line was good and the characters were well thought up. The animation was nicely done, as well. Of course it's not realistic for any of this to happen, or for fourth graders to have such courage as especially Shaoran posesses in this show, but that doesn't detract from the brilliance of it. The only thing I don't like about the series are that you have to watch the movies that go along with it to get the ending, and, in my opinion, a series should be free standing.
  • It all started when Sakura becomes a cardcaptor and her mission is to catch all of the clow cards. From her many victories to catch the clow cards, she met Syaoran. He was also catching clow cards by the power of elements.

I really like the show when i was still little. I relly like the relation between Sakura and Syaoran except that Meiling keeps on blocking them. But i really want to watch it all over again!!!!!!!! I always watch it in youtube and i get the feeling that Syaoran really had a crush on Sakura. Sometimes, I don't even understand why Syaoran had to leave Sakura but i still know that they will meet again. I'm sure that it's going to end but i like watch it. I enjoy loving it. I'm sure na may Part 2 pa ang love team of Sakura and Syaoran..........
  • I will never forget this show

Ten-year-old fourth grader Sakura Kinomoto opens a mysterious book in her father's study and accidentally lets loose the magical Clow Cards. By her ability to open the seal, Sakura is revealed to have special powers, and it becomes her responsibility to retrieve the missing cards.

• A girl named Sakura has been chosen to be the Card Captor and meets a creature known as Kero who appears to be a stuffed animal but is really Ceroburos a giant and thus they must capture these cards that get out of hand and then Sakura meets Syaorin Li.

This show is amazing what I really like about this anime is the artwork and storylines but what I really hate about this anime is that the English dub was horrible the names were changed and so were the voices and they didn't air the girl themed episodes but at least this version is the true and good one. If it wasn't for Nelvana the English dub would have been awesome but it was Clamp's idea of re-marketing the series in America. So I rate this show a 8.6 out of 10 but the English dub gets a 3.7 out of 10.
  • When Sakura Kinomoto a simple ten year old. When she opened a book in her father's basement she unleashed the clow cards by mistake and Kero popped out of the book it tells it's time to search for the Clow Cards.

Cardcaptor Sakura is a very good anime first aired in April of 1998 in Japan. It's a anime adaptration of a manga of the same name released two years earlier. It has a simple storyline and some humor in there makes it very good for children or people who likes shojo anime. This anime has some postives and some negatives always start with the postives and always will. Pros:

+Cute Artwork
    +Great Storyline
    +Great Music +Awesome Sounds
    +Great Voices

Cons:

-Seems way to differnet from the manga

As a great anime series during the golden years of anime. This is considered to be the best Magical Girl anime I've ever seen in ages. It's all thanks to Clamp an great company that is still around today of course. It was released in the American Shores as Cardcaptors and dubbed by Nelvana and aired on Kids WB. Also released toys and stuff that's how you could tell it's a great anime series.
  • A great, kid-friendly anime.

Great anime considering the fact that it's aimed more towards the kids. The plot is well built, and the music is what you'd expect from an anime for the youth. Though the editing has some issues. They changed many things from what I've heard from people who've watched the dub and the sub. If you truly wish to enjoy the true experience, I would most definitely recommend watching the sub. The action is sort of a mystery in trying to figure out which card to use to capture the next card. This creates a fun atmosphere for kids. Overall, I recommend this anime to people who are watching their first anime, or kids looking for a new anime to watch.
  • This was the first show that I ever watched in Japanese w/ english text. I was AMAZED AT WHAT I WAS MISSING!I had an action figure when I was little, but I must have bitten something off of it. I guess that's what got me to whatch it.

I had an action figure when I was little, but I must have bitten something off of it. I guess that's what got me to whatch it.I was soooooooooooo cute:3! I ws scared when I had thoughts that Syaoran was g...gay. I know thats not true now *sighs of relief*. Then I had laughed soooooooo hard when he got jealous of Eriol(is that how u spell it?). Sakura is a very cute, but oh sooooooooo very clueless person.Now, I have to tell u about the english version "cardcaptors". DISGRACEFUL, EMBARASSING, DUMB.The voices must have been done by actual little chilldren, cuz it think the speech is not professional in any means. That's just the english version though. I GIVE JAPAN A 10 4 A JOB WELL DONE!
  • Wow… I love this show, it's amazing.

This show is great!!! I prefer Japanese version, but English is still good. I love the interaction between Li and Sakura, and Medicine/tomoyo, interacting with Li when she knows that He like Sakura, but Sakura doesn't have any clue. Lol

Julian/Yukito, is funny, Julian is so nice, but when it come to Yue… lol he is grumpy… lol but as the series go on, you started to like Yue.

Kero is funny, all he wants is food, and Tori/touya, he seems mean… but all he wants is to protect his sister, which is so cool!!!

I wish they had more seasons, this show is so great!!! If you like the show, you should try out both the movies. They are great!!!
  • A tale about a young girl who finds herself with magical cards to capture, a crush to deal with and her best friend helps her along the way. **SPOILERS**

**SPOILERS**
    Cardcaptor Sakura is a show targeted at young girls, but I found it to be enjoyable also. I first saw the dubbed version of the show as Cardcaptors several years ago. There were drastic changes in the show, and I find the subbed version is much better than the dubbed version.

The show has a pleasing blend of comedy, drama, action and a bit of romance. It is very innocent and enjoyable.
    The music is lovely, and the plot is great. I found the characters to be addictive, charming and entertaining, and I hated to finish the show.

The only problem I had with the show is that Sakura and Shaoran's relationship didn't really get a chance to blossom. I realize that the show didn't wasn't meant to focus a lot on romance, but I would've liked to see more. Even after the second movie, I wasn't satisfied. Lovers of romance may not find the show to have a great ending. But overall, the ending was fine, and the show is great.
  • A little girl fights against cards in riddiculous outfits.

Hi! I'm not a fan of this show (almost of none, my) but however I think it was a huge impact for being the first "Magical Girl" considered famous in america(i'm not american...well yes, but not from the united states, america is a continet, Did you knew?)The problem is that the show transformed into something predictible,
    good:3 evil:0, all the time the little girl shouted "I release youuu" and that's how all the episodes ended, her friend, Tomoyo, needed to get dolls or something instead of experimentin with her "bestfriend".
    Sakura is an all round paleantologist, the evidence: she's inlove with her brother's friend.
    Shaoran (or however his name's spelled) is my favorie character and probably the only one speaks correctly.
    I know you'll hate me soon enough.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, also known as Card Captor Sakura (with the space) and often abbreviated as CCS, is a magical girl manga series from the well-known all-female artist team Clamp

The show begins as a simple girls' anime of the magical girl genre. Ten-year-old Sakura Kinomoto opens a mysterious book in her father's study and accidentally lets loose the magical Clow Cards. By her ability to open the seal, Sakura is revealed to have special powers, and it becomes her responsibility to retrieve the missing cards. The task involves finding each card, battling its magical personification, and sealing it away. She is assisted by Cerberus (Kerberos, also known as Kero-chan), the Beast of the Seal assigned to protect the cards, who was asleep when Sakura opened the Clow Book (He was on a "nap" at the time, which lasted 30 years). Kero, who looks like an animated plush toy throughout most of the series (his "borrowed" form), guides Sakura as she develops her Cardcaptor powers. In the first episode, he presents her with the Key of the Seal, which allows her to fight and capture the Clow Cards.
  • They should bring it back!

I remebered watching this show on cartoon network 6 years ago!But now I like it in japanese (Because like sailor moon, they censored all the good stuff) I love syoran because he's so darn cute when he blushes, I love Tomoyo because she's so cute,caring, and beautiful. If I was a boy, I'd make her mine! :D I love Sakura because she's so cool and sweet like tomoyo. I also love Kero and suppie! I love those two the best because their both so funny! espeacially at the short where they were chasing a meatball! lol!
  • Sakura is your average fourth- grader. She's a cheerleader, loves P.E, hates Math but has a secret identity. She is a Collecter of the Clow Cards. With, Kero-Chan on the side, she is the best Clow Card girl ever to walk this planet to collect the cards.

CardCaptors are so cool. I had a dream I was a CardCaptor. I stood beside her and helped catch The Erase card. But I was erased with Li in the cave. But no one knows his but Li and I (Unikita)actually kissed but Sakura never saw us when we were "redrawn". It was fun but oh well, guess are love did mean to be for us beacuse we always kissed when Sakura wasn't around until I moved to Italy. Li just gave me the last "French-kiss" before I left, in FRONT OF SAKURA. But Sakura, Tomoyo, and I stiil get along as a friendship and a CardCaptor Team. Name: Unikita Age: 10 Birthdate: February 2 Cardcaptor?: Yes If yes, what cards do you have: The Firey and the Earthy cards but I gave them to Sakura for her journey and left for Italy but Li drew a card (picture of him on a card) for me until I left.
  • Lighthearted humour and innocent charm, mixed with magical powers and awesome costumes. The series is a classic and even if you are fully grown, chances are you'll love it as much as I do.

In the mornings, about an hour before school, I would sit in front of the TV with a blanket over the heating vent, and I would turn on the TV to watch the AMERICAN version of this show: Cardcaptors. And I loved it, for a good reason. The plot was just stunning, the costumes were eye catching and it had good humour. In all my year four innocence this was the perfect show. About one year ago, I realised that Cardcaptor Sakura, the original Japanese series, was butchered by Nelvana, given names and voices and influences which took all the Japanese charm out of it. Not to mention cutting the series short and taking away any romantic interaction whatsoever between the main characters and anyone else. I was heartbroken, so I went on youtube and watched basically the whole three seasons of the original Japanese show; Cardcaptor Sakura. I now own the entire series on DVD. CLAMP, the all female artist team, did a wonderful job. The music is catchy, and the piano peices are worth learning. The characters are beautifully drawn and the plotline is wonderful, enough to send me into rabid fangirl hysterics. But keep note; this is very innocent. VERY innocent, with no innuendo and no sex whatsoever, after all it is about a young girl. But it's lighthearted humour and charm is enough to keep me satisfied.
  • more eppysss!!! It's very interesting..... I enjoy a lot the show. jejeje =]

Sakura Kinomoto era una muchacha escolar ordinaria,y era bastante buena en educacion fisica (PE), ella se las arreglaba para hacer todo su trabajo, nada fuera de lo comun... hasta que ella descubrio el libro magico en la biblioteca de su padre y esparció las cartas magicas, tarjetas con sus propias habilidades mágicas especiales para un propósito, no selladas, son capaces de provocar destruccion. Keroberos, o como Sakura lo llama, Kero, el guardián de las cartas magicas,escogió a Sakura para ser el Cardcaptor cuando ella lo desperto,y se entero de que su trabajo era capturar las tarjetas antes de que las cosas empezaran a salir de control, a pesar de ser una muchacha normal de diez años,y manteniéndo guardado un secreto de todos que ella tiene los poderes mágicos. Sakura debe conseguir las 52 tarjetas y debe detener el desastre que se aproxima...
< 1 2 3