Care Bears Forums

ABC (ended 1988)

Loyal Heart Dog

tvthemes

[1]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 6

How many episodes, DIC or Nelvana, did he have speaking roles in?I know he had a speaking role in DIC's "Concrete Rain" but I remember him having a speaking role in a darker environment with a voice more similar to DIC Good Luck Bear, unlike the Braveheart Voice he had in CR. And why did he get the big shaft? He had good potential.

Edited on 08/29/2007 6:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BTRAV

[2]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 27
    Yeah it's a shame.

virginia17

[3]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 25

I think Loyal Heart played a larger role in the DIC series with that Cold Heart character than he did in the Nelvana series with No Heart . In the DIC version, he's seen and heard in episodes like Concrete Rain, The Girl Who Cried Wolf, and The Old Man and the Lighthouse.

During the Nelvana series with No Heart and the earlier movies, Loyal Heart is often seen (though not as much as he was in the DIC version). but not heard. In my opinion, he was the least seen of the Cousins (Proud Heart is runner up because, like Loyal Heart, she's seen and heard plenty of time in the DIC series, but in the Nelvana series she only had one spotlight episode in Home Sweet Homeless. After that, she's also seen and not heard). Why is anyone's guess.

Edited on 06/24/2008 9:14pm
    Edited 3 total times.

BTRAV

[4]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 27
    Proud Heart Cat was in an episode about a jinxed girl and a good luck charm. I remember because Playful Heart was monkeying around and annoying her at the beginning of the episode. It was different animation too because Brave Heart looked different. And in the beginning of the second movie, I thought the two of them (Proud Heart and Loyal Heart) were cute together sleeping on the boat.
    Edited on 06/09/2008 5:32am

virginia17

[5]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 25

BTRAV wrote:
    And in the beginning of the second movie, I thought the two of them (Proud Heart and Loyal Heart) were cute together sleeping on the boat.

I did too. I also thought it was cute when Loyal Heart gave Proud Heart a flower during that Growing Up song. I think he likes her!