Carnivale

New Canaan, CA

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Mar 27, 2005 on HBO

• An Open Letter to HBO: Dear Jerks, I just wanted to let you know that I will never watch an HBO show ever again.

6.7
    I will not invest my time, my emotions, or my interest in anything you put out. You have showed us time and time again that you are absolutely incapable of writing an ending for the show. Do you even try?

With Carnivale, you took something fantastic & unique and played it out to intricately fine ends. It was an expensive undertaking --something not indefinitely sustainable-- so it's understandable that you decided two seasons was enough. Canceling a show before it has jumped the shark is a sign of quality output. I respect that. Deciding to entirely forgo an ending? Are you freaking kidding me?

From the very first moment on the show, a story was building; the characters were moving towards the pivotal moment of season two's finale... which you absolutely killed. You took all the purpose and meaning from that damned show and wiped it from the board. You made it all a complete and utter waste of time!

I have never watched a more upsetting 15 minutes of a show. Let's take every vision, every character trait, every hint that the show has thus far offered, and pretend it doesn't exist. Yes, I am rambling! I finished the season 5 days ago and I'm still angry about it.

To summarize: Screw you, HBO.