Carter Country

ABC (ended 1979)

PikeBishop

Carter Country Fan Reviews (3)

6.1
  • I've been trying to remember what the name of this show was for a LONG time. I only figured it out after I read something about Victor French leaving Little House on the Prairie temporarily to star in his own show...

I've been trying to remember what the name of this show was for a LONG time. I only figured it out after I read something about Victor French leaving Little House on the Prairie temporarily to star in his own show, Carter Country. At that point it clicked and I remembered it.

This show was already old by the time I saw it as a kid in syndication. It came on Sundays and since back then there was absolutely nothing to watch on Sundays, it caught my attention and for whatever reason, I really liked it.

Other than the basic premise, I can't remember much about it. Up until now I could only recall Victor French's character (although I didn't know it was him) and the black guy from Matlock, whose name I still haven't bothered to learn.

Anyway, it was a good show but perhaps the powers that be thought it was a little too racy for it's time.