Cartoon Planet

Cartoon Network Premiered Sep 09, 1997 In Season

Cartoon Planet Fan Reviews (8)

• This Show Should Be On More

This is the best thing Cartoonetwork Has done in 6 to five years when they named Stuart Snyder the successor of Jim Samples and jim Samples started this any way so he was copy cating but what ever The thing is this show shows Old Classics that people love but cant watch any more so it's put on this block to be seen so with out commericial interuptions they play the selescted shows of the week like for 12 minutes and go on to the next Thank to Who ever idea it was to bring it back even though I wasnt Alive when it started So Yeah Cartoon Planet Rules Watch it At 8pm On Fridays Cartoonetwork
  • Cartoonetwork finally does something right.

So after years of destroying themselves with poor programming decisions and terrible show ideas, CN finally takes a step in the right direction and introduces to us Cartoon Planet, an hour-long show showing episodes from classic CN shows, namely the original "Cartoon Cartoons" like Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd n Eddy, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. This is one of the greatest moves CN has made in the past few years simply because they are finally LISTENING to their fans and releasing a show that will have instant majority appeal: the resurrection of the shows that made CN great in the first place! I could write more on this, but I'm currently low on time so I'll cut this short. Cartoon Planet gets a 10/10
  • Best old shows ever

I watch this show every Friday and it is the bomb. Bringing back some of the old shows that had the best ratings still to this day. Thanks Cartoon Network for hearing us out. Hope you guys keep this show on for the whole summer.
  • A Funny, Classic show

Cartoon Panet was really, really, really, really funny show. Why did they take it off. I loved the funny show. Brak was so funny. Zorak and Space Ghost was funny too. My favorite song was "What Day is It?" My favorite skit was "Minky Boodle" Why can't Cartoon Network Bring it back!
  • Shows like these...

You know, as you watch TV now-a-days (which sounds weird coming from a 16 year old) you start to notice that a lot of these shows have had little to no thought at all.
    As a wee child, my dad would record Cartoon Network overnights, which usually caught all the good shows (George of the Jungle, Wacky Racers, etc). Out of all the shows I've ever seen, this one had to have been one of the most hilarious. As I am writing this, me and one of my younger brothers is watching a tape right now. Shows like these really make you say "what happened to the good days of TV?"
    My favorite character is Zorak by far, with Brak (the mantapede-like bad guy who is Space Ghost's prisioner on the show) close behind. For some reason I just like the stupid comedy on the show, something that surpasses shows like Family Guy.

Overall, this goes to show you that newer doesn't necessarily mean better on TV. If you haven't seen it, try to find a copy somewhere!
  • Great Block, but Needs to Extend

This is one of the best things that Cartoon Network ever did. A block that airs old shows like Ed, Edd n Eddy, The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Laboratory, etc. Also they air dumb shows like Chowder and Flapjack. My problem is that they air the same episodes and it's only one hour. I wish they extend it to 3 hours or something and air shows like HiHi Puffy AmiYumi or The Life and Times of Juniper Lee and air full episodes, not 9 minute ones. Overall, great block.
  • Clean, simple and fun!

Back in 1996 or so, I watched Cartoon Planet every day on TBS and loved it! It was only until recently, though, that I discovered this version of the show. Whereas this 30 minute version dealt solely with skits featuring Space Ghost, Zorak and Brak, the TBS version was an hour long and had the guys introducing different cartoons. I'm actually not sure which version came first (I'm thinking maybe the TBS one, as the last episode of the 30-minute show, "Ratingspalooza," has every 'Monday Ratings Report' segment in it, whereas the TBS version actually did air it Mondays).

I actually prefer the TBS version, as they played some great cartoons (Max Fleischer Superman, Tex Avery, 2 Stupid Dogs, "world premiere toons," etc...) mixed in with the skits. One big difference between the 30 minute version and the TBS version is that TBS didn't air the Count Floyd skits (Count Floyd is an old character from the series SCTV, where news anchor Floyd Robertson would don a Dracula outfit and present "scary" movies on his kids show Monster Chiller Horror Theater). I had no clue Floyd was in it, so it was a pleasant surprise to see him after I started watching the show a few months ago.

This series is a bit of a departure from Coast to Coast. The humor is far less adult (though equally funny to many) and the best part is, Brak was at his very best! They try way too hard with that guy now, I find. This series also led to a couple of outstanding CDs; "Space Ghost's Surf & Turf" and "Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Que," both featuring skits and songs from the series.

In summary, this was a very fun show appropriate for many age groups. Everyone in the family would find something to laugh at, and that is a rare treat indeed!
  • Great show.

Man, this show was funny. I really wish they still aired it. This is one of the programs that I can get very nostalgic about. I used to watch it when I was a kid (it came on right after Space Ghost: Coast to Coast), and I always knew that it would be great.