Cashmere Mafia Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

Cashmere Mafia versus Lipstick Jungle

i5star

[1]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 44

Hello everyone...

Last Night I watched the Lipstick Jungle Pilot and I have to say that I did not like it at all.

They are not as interesting as our Cashmere Mafia womens, by far.

I love Cashmere Mafia so much more, because we can relate more to this womens than the lipstick jungle women, who just with one phone call solve everything. I did not care for them at all.

What does everybody thinks???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Doppelgriff

[2]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 3
    I just saw Lipstick Jungle a few mins ago. I really wanted to dislike it because I enjoy cashmere mafia. I think it's too soon to tell since I've only seen the pilot where else i have seen 5 eps of cashmere mafia. I think I prefer the characters in Cashmere mafia better. In lipstick jungle, both the married woman had marriage issues, and the non married one is having problems with her job. It would have been nice if at least one of them is in better shape at least for now. It's as if they are trying to say that you absolutely CANNOT be a career woman and have a family at the same time! I also notice the bond between the ladies in cashmere mafia are stronger compared to the ones in lipstick jungle. Their friendship seemed a bit superficial. I guess I'll have to watch a few more episodes to decide.

i5star

[3]Feb 8, 2008
    Exactly, the bond of the womans in Cashmere is much more stronger than the bond that we have seen so far on Lipstick Jungle.

Also the issues in Cashmere Mafia are far more interesting than the issues in Lipstick Jungle.

friendsaddict

[4]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    So far I like Cashmere Mafia better. The plot lines are better and the conflicts more interesting. I agree that the bond between the ladies in CM is stronger than that of LJ. I think it might be that the chemistry between the characters seems better than of LJ. But I think that I will wait and see a few more episodes before I make up my mind about Lipstick Jungle.

My2girls44

[5]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    I'll take Cashmere Mafia Over Litstick Jungle any day...luv the show!!

Stikkio

[6]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    Cashmere Mafia Definitely i was quite bored throughout lipstick jungle but im going to give it a few episodes to make sure i dont like it

iluvgilmore7791

[7]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 19
    I like them both. I like CM more than LJ, but they are both good.

sweet_escape

[8]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    The ladies in Lipstick jungle seem like they're trying too hard to look like they're friends. Everytime they are together it seems like they force themselves to laugh and besides that, they never are together! I remember one episode where they were all together talking (and working out) and someone's cell phone rang!! It was a real portrayal of how friends should act *sarcasm*..... Cashmere mafia is so much better, the happiness seems effortless and not all of them have career and marriage problems.

Lilia_Montoya

[9]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 8
    I agree with all of you, the ladies of Cashmere Mafia are more believable, their problems more real, Lipstick Jungle seems too farfetch so far. I will give Lipstick Jungle a couple more tries, but so far it is mostly because there is nothing else to track on TV. Lipstick has not pulled me in, and as Mia said last night I love to have that feeling of 'being in each other's systems' and 'feeling so crazy about someone you just met' even if that someone is a TV Show.

i5star

[10]Feb 21, 2008
    Loved your final thought Lilia. Hehehe

samarajunk

[11]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    I also prefer Cashmere Mafia by far, prob will give Lipstick Jungle a few more chances since I enjoyed the book, but I agree as they all seem to have too many problems that it seems like the show would be a bit of a downer to watch!! I agree the relationships n Cashmere Mafia seem alot more natuaral

thegreenarrow

[12]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 2
    I think Lipstick Jungle is better actually! I hate HATE the lesbian storyline in Cashmere Mafia, that totally ruined it for me!

thepopsicle

[13]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    I think LJ is much better than CM. The relationship between the women seems more genuine with LJ (maybe because kim and brooke have been friends for years?) and there seems to be more going on i dunno i sometimes i get kinda bored watching this show... usually when Mia (love Lucy Liu just not this character) or Davis is on screen. I still enjoy the show but i prefer LJ so much more

That being said im gutted CM might not be returning

sbhinyo

[14]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 13
    Cashmere Mafia is way better the LJ, by far is more entertaining. I saw the Pilot of LJ and i wasn't intersted by the end of it. Definitly CM is better!

marian16stix

[15]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 11

LJ is good. It has a good chance of becoming better, but it could never touch Cashmere Mafia.

CM is the better show hands down. It has a more exciting/fun storyline, diverse colorful characters, interesting background stories and a better handle on women-/family-/friendship-related issues. Plus, it's dramatic-in-a-not-corny-way. The women of CM make being women with power look hot and admirable, something all girls should aspire to.

dude6363

[16]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 60
    Without a doubt, Lipstick Jungle. The characters are so much more developed and believable. I can't wait for my Lipstick every week. The plotlines are great on Lipstick and I just couldn't get attached to Cashmere.

misspsychic

[17]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 3
    dude6363 wrote:
    Without a doubt, Lipstick Jungle. The characters are so much more developed and believable. I can't wait for my Lipstick every week. The plotlines are great on Lipstick and I just couldn't get attached to Cashmere.
    I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU.. CM STINKS ON ICE!!!

Hayley4Naley

[18]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 17
    What is Lipstick Jungle??

erzueco

[19]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 5
    Almost finished watching LJ and i must say that i find it utterly wrong that LJ gets a second season while they axed CM. CM is better in all ways, LJ is on the border to being boring, characters dont feel natural and all those mild sexscenes unnecesary. Bring back Cashmere and axe Lipstick Jungle instead.

entity0

[20]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 28

Ok first things first!!! I watched both LJ and CM and thought they both started off to a good start. Then CM went in a dreamworld type fiction. They tried way too hard with everything and over did the entire show with everything!!! The wardrobe was way over the top even for carrie bradshaw not to mention the relationships were too over done and unrealistic. the characters had way too much way too fast. in sex and the city the ladies were all trying to bulid their lives and do it together, in CM they already had these ridiculous lives and were still building? come on thats just ludicris. In LJ there is a more realistic approach and you can tell this right off the bat. not to mention the actresses seem to portray their characters with an experienced approach. The storyline didnt get too far fetched and the relationships seem more in tuned with everyday relationships as apposed to the relationships in CM. maybe youre a lucy liu fan and thats why ya think that CM is just way better than LJ. or maybe ya think Darren star is just that brilliant. but i for one like to look at a series in a different way and critique it based on how believable the series is. Just becuase Darren Star was apart of Sex and the City doesnt mean thats why the series did so well. It was because it was based on the novel by Candace Bushnell. (sp?) and she seems to have written LJ very well too, and imo LJ could be a a well developed predecessor for sex and the city.