Castle

47 Seconds

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Mar 26, 2012 on ABC

• I remember everything!

Words that will come back to haunt Detective Kate Beckett.

This and some of the best TV I've seen for quite some time counts toward the first 9 I've handed out for a show.

To be honest, I've never understood how viewers can keep giving 10's for shows as, let's face it, they can't all be better than anything before. You simply MUST have some "wiggle" room on scores.

Anyway, for this show, starting with the protests and the hugely unexpected explosion immediately enforced the seriousness of this weeks case.

Some stark scenes in the morgue and Castle's comfort of Alexis was compulsive viewing.

However, I have to say, as someone heavily into Electronics, that while the GPS tracking scene was interesting, it was also farcical. The software overhead required to do something like that would be next to impossible to achieve.

However, I was in full on "suspension of disbelief" mode by then so accepted it.

Nice to see "Iron" Gates back even if the job she gave Castle didn't really come to anything other than setting up the "Oh my God" moment when he hears Beckett revealing she always knew about his admission at the shooting.

Pretty good way to get it out in the open but I suspect there will be much gnashing of teeth among the Caskett fans.

All in all, one of the best episodes this season and I personally cannot wait for the next one.