Castle

After the Storm

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 24, 2012 on ABC

• Great start!

I totally loved this. I find Beckett's and Castle's attempt to keep the new aspect of their relationship a secret to be hilarious.
  • After 5 years

Finally! :-)
  • CASKETT

"After the Storm" kicked off Castle's fifth season with the humor, drama, and clever twists we've come to love. It's arguably one of the most well-written episodes in the show's history. It's off to a great start! and we finally get what we've always wanted to see Castle and Beckett in love...
  • After the Storm

For fans hoping to see what exactly went down that night between Castle and Beckett you were a bit disappointed, but for those who liked the last season finale, and wanted to see more high intensity action you got your wish. A little disappointed that it went so far up to a Senator, but this was still a really fun return to Monday's best TV show.
  • No longer the same Beckett

What happened to s1-3 Beckett. The kick-ass, take no prisoners Kate Beckett that made me fall in love with the show. To me, s4 Beckett was a coward, unwilling to deal with anything regarding her partner (Old Beckett would show no such hesitation). From the childish "Hide in the closet" (What are we, Greys Anatomy) to the really unsatisfying end of Maddox, I feel that this show has lost all its charm, and broken a main character, just to start a relationship. Only thing I found good in this episode was Beckett pistol whipping the senator, other than that I was disappointed.
  • The End

The previews with Castle and Beckett hooking up sounded quite nice and I was hoping we would get the old and fun Castle back. The "Previously on Castle" however made me fear we were again going to be bored to death with the who-killed-becketts-mother story line. And yup after 5 minutes of fun we were back in the tedious story line. After 10 minutes, I decided to just stop and scrap Castle from my viewing list. A shame as it used to be so good.
  • Season 5...

I personally loved this episode. I especially loved the way the relationship between Castle and Beckett was handled. Very grown-up and realistic I thought. The case regarding Joanna Becketts murder I thought could have been more dramatic, seeing as they had it dragged out this long but it was nice to see it coming to a conclusion of sorts. Overall the writers did an excellent job and looking forward to the rest of the season!
  • And It Begins

I loved this episode. Firstly, because of the first ten minutes and, secondly, because we finally had some real closure in Johanna Beckett's murder. Not complete closure, but at least it isn't hanging over everyone's (Kate's) heads. I actually liked the tension between Esposito and Ryan, but if that goes on for too long it could get annoying. And when I mean too long, I mean the next episode. The premiere did have the same dramatic quality as the fourth season everyone was complaining about, but it kind of had to because of the way season four ended. After this episode, though, it should return to the lighter side everyone keeps reminiscing so fondly over. At least, that is what I heard. And am also hoping for.

I"m so freaking excited!
  • Season 5 Begins

It's really nice to have Castle back! I think it was past time to have Rick & Kate together and I thought there was also some really good movement forward in the mystery surrounding Kate's mom's murder. I felt that it was ignored at times last season and I'm glad they unraveled a huge piece of it without a final conclusion..

I enjoyed the scene with Kate and Captain Gates. it had genuine warmth and admiration, something we didn't see much, if any, of in her first season on the show.

There was a lot to the plot here and I'm going to watch it again because I'm sure I missed some things the first time.
  • I Don't Know...

I'm not sure how to feel about this one...Without getting into specifics, The first third of the episode was really good...Like, Old school Castle.

Then the episode began to start fraying, And by the end, It was the equivalent of using a toupe or wig to cover up going bald: Something is just wrong about it, And it's easy to tell.

I'm going to put this episode down to a case of 'performance anxiety' and hope that next week's episode is an improvement.