Castle

After the Storm

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 24, 2012 on ABC

• New Beginning

Castle and Beckett finally becoming a couple was a touchdown, hopefully both will go all the way to the Super Bowl. Alright enough Football analogy down to business, this was a good start to the new season. I liked the first few minutes when we see the morning after, as Castle see Beckett wearing nothing but his shirt on, she really does look great in it let alone with her hair down. Their interaction was as usual sweet, but the funniest moment was seeing Castle hiding Kate from his mom and daughter. Yeah I know it's a bit juvinile but it's understandable, it's a little hard to spill the news at first; however I also find it amusing because it actually is fun making Castle and Beckett have some romantic misadventure for a while.

I did like seeing that the revolving case of the show is finally getting a conclusion, I felt it went on long enough and it was time our patience became rewarded. And of coruse everyone is working as usual but also you felt at the same time nothing was really the same. Mainly the character Esposito whom is still in a dark place, despite still being himself his friendship with Ryan has a crack that could be growing. Though personally I feel Esposito need to get the frak over it, if Ryan didn't put in the call Kate would of died. But I noticed one little moment when he was observing a Millitary Recruitment facility he wasn't just waiting for a friend but it looked like he was seriously thinking of coming back to his former life. It could be nothing but it seems like a hint that Esposito could be out of the picture possibly, after the suspension, his friendship with Ryan on shaky ground, let alone love life going no where he's probably wondering if he really has a place in the Precent anymore. I don't know we'll just have to wait and see.

But this episode is unfortunately not perfect, I do think how the case was falling into place was just a little rushed. I was a little disapointed that Madox was offed so quickly it felt a bit unsatisfying, personally I would of liked to of seen a 2 on 1 battle with Castle and Kate against Madox sort of like in the movie "The Raid Redemption". Ok, ok tall order but still it sounds a lot cooler and satisfying. But also just that Kate signed back up to her Precent again too quickly.

I really liked that moment with Kate and the Senator. I'll admit the Senator is a scum sucker, despite all that he's achieved as well as his reasons on his possition as a saying goes "Good Deeds alone don't by you a ticket to Heaven." Personally just like Kate I don't give a damn about his achievements, it doesn't for the crimes or sins he's commited, but worst of all doesn't errase the fact he ordered the hit on Joanna Beckett. One moment that made my guts boil was when he was talking bull crap that he actually knows her and what she'll do next. Then Kate threatened him with the leverage she has against him which has made him lose his hold on her, and a really cool moment was when she then hits him hard with the mussle of her gun just as a reminder of how close she was to killing him and that she will always have that opportunity open. It was sort of the motiff of predator becoming prey, so the Senator was dead wrong, he knows nothing about Kate.

And in the end both Kate and Castle come home to each other, today isn't just the day the case was solved but the day both had a new beginning together.
MNT