Castle

An Embarrassment of Bitches

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jan 23, 2012 on ABC

• Hats off too supporting cast

Hmm... I disagree (thefanof post); agreed that it wasn't the best Castle episode and hence my rating but...

We should acknowledge the great job that the writers do with the supporting cats and this episode is a good example. Jon Huertas' (characters') fascination with the star is artfully done.

Both Jon and Seamus are such good foils for the plots - clever and streetwise as required - goofy and sappy at the twisty-turny dance of Castle and Beckett at other times.

I think many shows ave benefited from good supporting cast an Castle with the "boys at the precinct" on one hand and the "girls at home" on the other hand - make a nice balance and enrich the show.
  • An Embarrassment of Bitches

"An Embarrassment of Bitches" had a clever take on a Kardashian-like celebrity and Hilarie Burton was not bad in the role in the beginning, despite breaking down and going into complete crying Peyton Sawyer mode at the end, but the whole mystery tonight was just really boring. Half the show dedicated to a poisonous perfume affecting a dog? Come on Castle, you can do better than this.
ABC