Castle

Boom!

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Mar 29, 2010 on ABC

• Meatier than your average "Castle"...

...but still Castle. A well done duo to solidify this entertaining series as beyond a contender; it's truly a bonafide winner. Without question. This case was meatier, gutsier and the performances from everyone stepped up to a new high. I can't say enough good things about it. I mean, I knew I was watching Castle but it was like Castle on roids! If this particular two-parter had to pee in a bottle it would have tested off the scale! On TV anyway, that's a good thing!

Castle was still funny, but...deeper. More was at stake and Nathan Fillion proved he can bring it home when he's called upon to do so.

Beckett's frustration was tangible, and her struggle to keep it in focus was experienced by the viewer too. Everyone was in top form and my kudos to the writers as well as the performers on this one, because, best of all, it took the Castle-Beckett relationship to the next level without having to take it to the next step. There is a distinction, and its a tough one to make. This one did it perfectly. Hope there is a bonus in it for everyone involved because we viewers certainly got ours!
MNT