Castle

Cops & Robbers

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 31, 2011 on ABC

• Cops and Robbers

It is difficult to still find originality in bank holdup episodes of primetime dramas these days, but give Castle credit, this is a show that has brought new life to the cop drama and they found a way to do it again with this tired and cliched concept.

It was a very entertaining show, with a great twist, but both the sudden end to the holdup and the attacker immediately getting caught in Ithaca, both endings were too abrupt for my liking.

Still, I would be lying if I said I was not on the edge of my seat all show long. Great show.

• Nice!!!

I so agree with all below reviews. after a while one of the "original" Castle epizodes. it was so refreshing
  • Castle Original - book your tickets now!

It's great when a show can go back to its roots AND also draw on the abilities of the shows ensamble at the same time... and movethe plot forward... so... Castle, Bekket and Martha and Alexis all shine...

The fact that Stana Katic carries her character SO WELL make it beliveable that Castle sees qualities in her that he values and were not presnt in his other relationships. Frankly, Gold Star for an Emmy Awarding performance...

Could have been a 10 but sometimes those dang writers can't drop the bone on a bad character arc... don't want to hear about Alexis mush when its irrelevant... yes we know Castle is/tries to be an understanding Dad... but the plot device is trite; could have/should have been exercised at the opportunity.

• Finally, Castle is back!

Thank god my favourite show is back! I hope for more than one week. This was by far the best episode for weeks if not since the premiere. Great banter between Beckett and the Robber and the Castle and Beckett moments were back to their best. Stana Katic again blowing everyone else away with the best acting on TV at the moment, how is this woman not a major film star yet I don't know. Great to see more work from the mother too, she is fab and Alexis having more to do other than moan about school or her love life, although that came into it at the end...! Really hope they keep to this sort of writing, whether it be the comic timing of Castle which I think has been missing or the Beckett bad ass dialogue that Stana plays so well. This is what I have been missing, hope I am still as excited in a few weeks after the next few eps and then a dreaded hiatus... Just as it improves. Typical!

• I have to say it was exactly what I was expecting from this episode... There were lots of tense moments between the main characters... especially Castle & Beckett!

Martha and Alexis were great... not much as we used to see them, so it was refreshing to see a new side of their personalities...

And those amazing moments between Castle & Beckett starting with the phone call and the playful banter... then we got to see a worried Beckett trying to save her "boyfriend", even risking the whole operation when she showed up as a doctor in order to see Castle and make sure he and his mother (as well as the rest of the group) were OK...

The script was brilliant and those stares when she finally found Castle and forgot to untie Martha were great!

It was, without a doubt, one of the best episodes of the season, and that's not simple... this season has been great!

• Awesome!

This is one of the best this season. Did not care for last weeks episode but this more than makes up for it. I'm glad we got to see more of Martha as she is one hell of a gal, really funny too.

Caskett moments of course were great, Castle on his own investigating was fun to watch with all the ideas he was coming up with and how to get info to Kate.

When the bomb went off my heart was in my throat! And the look on Kates face breaks my heart. The little closeness scene in the vault when Martha had to interrupt was so cute and i loved the ending as well, tres family-esque!!

Hope next weeks ep is as good as this one!

• Toy Solders

This to me is one of the best episodes for me, it's pritty much the typical hostage/heist sittuation which we've all seen many times before but this is one of those ones that are done right because there is no stupid melodrama which by it's nature is nothing but filler, and this sittuation involves characters we care about.

Once again really love how both Castle and Kate work together only this time their both a distance away which makes the stakes raised. It was both fun and suspenseful seeing Castle constantly retreving information about the robbers plot but most of all trying to get information to the outside for Kate, which in a way was kinda remonicent of the underrated movie "Toy Soilders". However some credit should be handed to Margo she also helped out a little in the sittuation mainly in the morale department for the hostages but also provided Castle with a tool for communication. But most of all just liked the back and forth between both of them which gave it some emotional drama.

Kate as usual is great, for a person that has never done hostage negotiation she really felt like an expert unlike the dog weed experenced negotiator/commander whom is obviously off his game; the way Kate handles things I want her to be working as S.W. A. T. negotiator/commander.

Both Castle and Kate may'be inexperenced in this kind of sittuation but that is an advantage because that means their unpredictable to the criminals because they expect everything to be done by the book step by step.

There were also a few great moments like a little of that drama with Alexis where she is trying to contact her boyfriend just to talk about the current sittuation, but then gets mad when he doesn't contact her back or for very long. I'll admit that made me mad at the boyfriend and feel pathos for Alexis. Whenever my girlfriend contacts me about something I always drop whatever I'm doing and talk to her because I never know what it's about it could either be usual talk, arangment/rearangement for a date or an emergency of some kind, but whatever the reason I want to be there for her; that's what a good boyfriend should do, that's what I believe anyway.

I really love what Kate said to the lead robber, I felt it was profound because I knew she really ment it and just shows how truely deep her feelings for Castle go, she will kill to protect Castle if she has to. And of course when both Kate and Castle come together again both look at each other with eyes that say I love you and looked as though they were both about to kiss but then Margo interupts, damn if only Margo kept quiet for just one more minute.

• I loved it!

But then again, I love all Castle episodes. But this one was just..great. So great. Nathan and Stana were beyond amazing. Ryan and Esposito added comic relief to what is essentially an episode inclined towards the serious side ("Help! Police!" Need I saw more?) I think this episode pretty much stood for why Castle is one of my favourite shows. The writers manage to blend everything in together, a few laughs here and there, a bit of seriousness, and Caskett of course...and the mix is always great. What is this episode doing with an 8.5 score? Hello, people? In my opinion? It deserves a full ten. Also, Alexis broke up with Ashley! She's proved once again what a smart girl she is. Even though she tried to lie to herself for a while, she finally came to terms with the truth, the reality of the situation she was in. And all I can say is, boo yah to all those Alexis haters out there.Martha was brilliant. And Beckett. She was so great this episode. After some of her dialogues, I literally had to pause to contain myself because I was pretty much gawking at the screen in awe. Excellent, excellent episode. Hoping there are more like these to come! :)