Castle

Deep Cover

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jan 13, 2014 on ABC

• Castles father makes a return

Castles father makes a return, but when he becomes the main suspect in a murder, Castle must hide his identity from Kate.
  • Deep Cover

An interesting episode that allowed us to see a different side of Castle. Not the best return of his father, but still a solid show tonight overall.
  • After James Bond & Ethan Hunt, another master spy has captured my heart and he is Jackson Hunt!

What a great episode! I was wondering if the writers would ever bring Castle's dad back after the Paris incident and voila the master spy gave us an unexpected appearance and boy he stole the show again!!

The slow bonding between Castle and his dad was fun to watch and his mom finally got closure after a long time (40 years). Beckett's expression when she was let in on the secret was priceless. Castle and Beckett's chemistry was awesome as usual. The glee that Kate showed when Castle informed her of the month of their wedding was nice to watch. :)
  • Love you Jackson

I really loved this episode!! The bond between Castle and his dad is starting to show. Becketts face when she found everything else was classic. Keep up the great episodes. And bring Alexis back more!!
  • Now THAT was FUN!!!!

I really enjoyed myself. This episode really demonstrated the great chemistry between Castle and Beckett. They are having fun as well as working together. Castle's father is just as he should be. I wrote a while back about this show reminding me of the "Thin Man" films and this outing just made that more clear to me. After all the work, the last scene at the police station and the final scene at home showed the tightness of the family (even without Alexis). What a fine payoff! I have a feeling that 3XK had better watch out for Jackson Hunt in the future.
  • Martha got her schwerve on

Did I get that right? Martha saw him for the first, and only time since Castle was conceived?!?

I loved the lines about Beckett's "flexibility," in-joke references to "Weekend at Bernie's", wisecracks about how Ryan's baby resembled Espo, and Castle and Beckett's ongoing dialogue about when to get married - AND the little glimpses we got of Castle's parents and what went down between them.

even though it copied the plotline from the last James Bond film, and numerous other sources that used the whole "master list of spies about to fall into the wrong hands" gambit. Still, the way the story was told was fun and funny, and the presence of Castle's dad made it great fan viewing
ABC