Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Beckett and Castle as a couple; Extinguish the Flame or Intensify it?

BarryWeen3

[21]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 14

MuteTroubadouR wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

MuteTroubadouR wrote:
    yutg25 wrote:
    Seriously "Caskett" thats what they are called? I didn't know that... Anyway the comment about Josh... me thinks trouble in paradise and ye hot sleuth comes to terms in true desire for Mischievous playwright don't know why I wrote it that way: but I mean they Beckett already broke up with Josh
    Yep Caskett, that's their ship name. It's completely appropriate imho.

And it's not like it's going to work that well the other way around, such as Beckstle? You could be really silly with their first names and have Rate (R from Rick plus ate from Kate giving you a verb)or Krick (K from Kate and Rick's full name giving you the misspelled version of a crick in the neck)or Kack (Ka from Kate andck from Rick giving you the sound yourcat makes when it's coughing up a furball)or Rite (Ri from Rick and te from Kate giving youanother name for aritual or the first name of the pharmacy chain Rite Aid).

lol Rite Aid. Well it's not often people get too clever with ship names. I always really liked Barney and Robin's ship name, from How I Met Your Mother. BRo. 'Cause they are all about Bros over at HIMYM, and it worked so well. Not necessarily more creative, just layered. Which is also why I think Caskett is great, because it has that layer of death and the macabre, which is what our lovely pair is all about. Don't you reckon? Layers. ftb.

I do agree. He has a fascination with the macabre and she deals with death, together they are Caskett.

Isn't that list of rules Barney has all related to Bros over Hos? I don't actually watch HIMYM, just pieces I've seen from commercials for it and the occasional channel surfing stop.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

polara

[22]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 5

I think because Castle and Beckett are two different types, he´s up in the air and she is the ground, there wouldn´t be a problem if they evolved the relationship.

BarryWeen3

[23]Feb 20, 2011

polara wrote:

I think because Castle and Beckett are two different types, he´s up in the air and she is the ground, there wouldn´t be a problem if they evolved the relationship.

I like your avatar, Inara from Firefly. Yeah!!

heytiger93

[24]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 9
    Dear fellow caskett shippers; if you haven't already seen the Canadian promo for countdown, by all means please do! The last thing Beckett says will have you squeal SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

eric770

[25]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 4

I started watching this show as an alternative to Bones and other like shows that string along this dynamic too far! I mean we have all seen the one partner on the verge of telling their feelings scene only to be interrupted by a phone or a knock at the door or a co-worker far too many times in shows like this. The entire new relationship with someone else who they suddenly pour so much energy and interest into has also become cliche! I know that most people are sheep and will be led anywhere a show leads them, but I have my limits and I start to care a little less with each new relationship that shows create in order to milk-out this much over done cliche. I believe that there is a way to write these situations that do not lead to the instant doom of a beloeved show. The notion that you have to wait for the final season to get characters together is a risky one by todays standards since not many shows are assured 3 or more seasons so the writers/producers better have a plan that doesn't include spinning their wheels with decoy relationships that only help viewers to change the channel, because some viewers might not ever come back.

heytiger93

[26]Feb 22, 2011
    eric770 wrote:

I started watching this show as an alternative to Bones and other like shows that string along this dynamic too far! I mean we have all seen the one partner on the verge of telling their feelings scene only to be interrupted by a phone or a knock at the door or a co-worker far too many times in shows like this. The entire new relationship with someone else who they suddenly pour so much energy and interest into has also become cliche! I know that most people are sheep and will be led anywhere a show leads them, but I have my limits and I start to care a little less with each new relationship that shows create in order to milk-out this much over done cliche. I believe that there is a way to write these situations that do not lead to the instant doom of a beloeved show. The notion that you have to wait for the final season to get characters together is a risky one by todays standards since not many shows are assured 3 or more seasons so the writers/producers better have a plan that doesn't include spinning their wheels with decoy relationships that only help viewers to change the channel, because some viewers might not ever come back.

True to the max, welcome to the forum . Defs hope Beckett and Castle are entering the romantic sphere sometime next season, I reckon any later than that and we could see a loss of chemistry and cliched story lines. If I had my way this season finale would be where they hookup or make some kind of significant development but I reckon we probs won't be that lucky. I reckon there would be more tension honestly if they were dating and working together, just cause there'd be that fusion of personal life & professional life so they'd be trying for some time to find that balance at work and at home about when to act more like partners and when to act more like bf/gf. I know I sound so young and naive but well refreshing too, isn't it? Plus too they have the whole Alexis/Beckett relationship and they leave it too long she'll be like 20 and most likely it'll be too awkward to start to building the step mother rellie when she's like 20/21 and Beckett's not far ahead of her into her mid thirties haha.

BarryWeen3

[27]Feb 22, 2011

heytiger93 wrote:
    eric770 wrote:

True to the max, welcome to the forum . Defs hope Beckett and Castle are entering the romantic sphere sometime next season, I reckon any later than that and we could see a loss of chemistry and cliched story lines. If I had my way this season finale would be where they hookup or make some kind of significant development but I reckon we probs won't be that lucky. I reckon there would be more tension honestly if they were dating and working together, just cause there'd be that fusion of personal life & professional life so they'd be trying for some time to find that balance at work and at home about when to act more like partners and when to act more like bf/gf. I know I sound so young and naive but well refreshing too, isn't it? Plus too they have the whole Alexis/Beckett relationship and they leave it too long she'll be like 20 and most likely it'll be too awkward to start to building the step mother rellie when she's like 20/21 and Beckett's not far ahead of her into her mid thirties haha.

There's also an article in this week's TV Guide Magazine about Castle with them on the cover and the following blurb underneath:
    ***SPOILER***

heytiger93

[29]Feb 23, 2011

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    eric770 wrote:

There's also an article in this week's TV Guide Magazine about Castle with them on the cover and the following blurb underneath:
    ***SPOILER***

Inside TV's Hottest Romance

You mean this article, right?

heytiger93

[30]Feb 23, 2011
    heytiger93 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    eric770 wrote:

***SPOILER***

oh my freaking god, I did it! haha I'm so proud.

heytiger93

[31]Feb 23, 2011

heytiger93 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    eric770 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

BarryWeen3

[32]Feb 23, 2011

heytiger93 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    eric770 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

Edited on 02/23/2011 2:45pm

heytiger93

[33]Feb 23, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    eric770 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

BarryWeen3

[34]Feb 23, 2011

heytiger93 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    eric770 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

I'm actually watching my Friends DVD sets again right now. Currently starting the third season. Very funny stuff.

heytiger93

[37]Feb 25, 2011

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:

***SPOILER***

I'm actually watching my Friends DVD sets again right now. Currently starting the third season. Very funny stuff.

I just started season one again last night, what a coincidence!

***SPOILER***

Lurrrrve Friends ... you guys still got a long way to go til you reach PAPER, SNOW, A GHOST! haha one of my fave moments from friends. (season 10 )

***SPOILER***

BarryWeen3

[38]Feb 26, 2011

heytiger93 wrote:

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

Lurrrrve Friends ... you guys still got a long way to go til you reach PAPER, SNOW, A GHOST! haha one of my fave moments from friends. (season 10 )

***SPOILER***

Breathe! Take a deep breath, exhale, repeat!

There was also Joey doing Fire as part of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

heytiger93

[39]Feb 27, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

ahahahaahahahaha I love that moment, Joey's hand movement signifying fire is hilarious! I got to say though out of all the hilarious joey moments I think Phoebe is my favourite character? whats yours?

BarryWeen3

[40]Feb 27, 2011

heytiger93 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

ahahahaahahahaha I love that moment, Joey's hand movement signifying fire is hilarious! I got to say though out of all the hilarious joey moments I think Phoebe is my favourite character? whats yours?

It's gotta be Chandler. His sense of humor and neuroses. And some great lines: "Apologizing is the third best reason to get married after pregnancy and actually wanting to get married." "He's outside holding a human head! He's outside holding a human head!!" "You..can only eat tic-tacs in even numbers.""No, he had to get me the woman repeller. The gold chain from the Liberache House of Crap. The reject from the Mr. T Collection. I pity the fool who wears my jewlrey. I pity the fool."