Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Becketts Clothes

30silvercoins

[1]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 6

Ok, does anyone else think that Becketts clothes in the third season are ridiculous? I think she looks as if she just walked of a catwalk. I like her, but I liked her better when she had - mostly - sensible footwear and stylish yet not ridiculous clothes.

Anyone else think that? If not, do you like her clothes better now? Teeelll mmmeee!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RoverGuy

[2]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 9

I really didn't notice a style change, but for a moment in "He's Dead, She's Dead" I was wondering if Stana katic was pregnant. The one shirt she had on looked like maternity clothes. Really bad fitting.

Dewbak75

[3]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 18

RoverGuy wrote:

I really didn't notice a style change, but for a moment in "He's Dead, She's Dead" I was wondering if Stana katic was pregnant. The one shirt she had on looked like maternity clothes. Really bad fitting.

There were a few moments in the episode when I thought the exact same thing. She doesn't usually wear clothes that are loose around the midsection.

lemae_27

[4]Sep 29, 2010
    I'm still on the fence with her new cloths, some of it I like and some not so much. I have noticed that it seems she has a new outfit for every scene though. I tempted to count them lol.

pandyangel

[5]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 5
    I adore her clothes they are great!
    But you are right. It doesn't fit to the character, to the show. She is like a fashion model...

lemae_27

[6]Sep 30, 2010
    Some of it reminds me of what Martha usually wears.

sherv22

[7]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 14

I think it's rather odd that she's wearing anything drapey to the precinct, and yes, I've wondered if she was pregnant on more than one occasion. She probably shouldn't be wearing those heels on the job either, but that's a TV conceit that's not going away.

Edited on 10/04/2010 11:09pm

BarryWeen3

[8]Oct 5, 2010
    sherv22 wrote:

I think it's rather odd that she's wearing anything drapey to the precinct, and yes, I've wondered if she was pregnant on more than one occasion. She probably shouldn't be wearing those heels on the job either, but that's a TV conceit that's not going away.

They bring up those heels in last night's episode, at least Beckett's former TO brings it up in the episode.

SheWhoTangles

[9]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 7

Maybe the wardrobe changes means they are trying to create on on-the-job look verses an off-the-job look, and saving the fashion model knock-out outfits and looks for her off-duty opportunities in the show. The change in her appearance would have a bigger impact in the show...

The show could be going for a more conservative cop look to her too. I did think the shoes comment was funny on the last episode. Don't think those are 'approved work wear' either.

SMNaylor73

[10]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 11
    I have noticed a difference in Kate's wardrobe. I am liking some of it, but most has her looking more girlie & less Beckett. I am not sure how I feel about it at all.

BoobTubeMania

[11]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 5

Isn't she dating quite a bit now? That would explain the change in style - she's feeling more girly and therefore is dressing as such, especially if a new beau might stop by to take her out to lunch.

kyona1124

[12]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 2
    so she's not really pregnant? cuz from ep 1 i notice that her clothes are bigger, then after a few episodes, ud notice that she only wears long coats. long coats during a chase? she cant even run properly. then she's always holding a folder or whatever and uses it to cover her tummy area. got me wondering if she's pregnant or not. ive watched season 1 and 2 repeatedly and she never holds anything and i think she has only 1 coat haha! plus her chest area got bigger even with those thick turtleneck overalls, considering she wore skimpy outfit in season 1 and its not really that big. so preggy or not? honestly, the clothes bugged me cuz she can hardly move, but if she's preggy then ok.

sherv22

[13]Nov 17, 2010
    I wonder if they did a mid-season adjustment, cuz Beckett's clothes in recent eps have been much more in the business close-cut vein. Maybe it's her winter catalog.

bmoshier

[14]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 46

Just a FYI: In the episode "Demons," Kate Beckett is wearing a pair of Black Monochrome Converse Chuck Taylor canvas slip-on sneakers (plimsolls), when in the attic with Castle. There is a shot of her foot as they are talking about a place that looked like it used to have a bed.