Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Castle continues to slide in ratings- deathwatch anyone?

japhethshem

[1]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Starprincess13

[2]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 24
    It just got a full season pick up so I don't think so.

lilswimchick

[3]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    reallyy? I know a lot of people that just started watching. I feel like it's popularity is spreading like wild fire, especially with the release of Heat Wave

Zate77

[4]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    Castle is doing fine in the ratings. It's getting around 10 million against CSI:Miami. That's better than most shows really.

goodridd

[5]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 17

japhethshem wrote:

Sorry to spoil your fun, but it went up in ratings last night. And as Star said, it has been picked up for a back nine order.

Jacks_Son

[6]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 13

'Castle' gets a full second season By Rick Porter | October 20, 2009 5:11 PM

"Castle" has a few more stories to tell. ABC confirmed late Tuesday afternoon that it has picked up a full second season of the crime show, which has been pulling down consistent ratings this fall. The network had originally ordered only 13 episodes, as is customary for midseason shows. The back-nine order comes a day after the show set up a way for mystery novelist Rick Castle (Nathan Fillion) to keep tailing NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic). In Monday's episode, Castle's novel starring the Nikki Heat character based on Beckett debuted to rave reviews and big sales -- which means the publisher wants a sequel -- and Beckett got the order from above to keep him on as a consultant.

"Castle" is the fifth ABC show to get a full-season order this fall. The other four -- "FlashForward," "The Middle," "Modern Family" and "Cougar Town" -- are all newcomers. The series has drawn steady but unspectacular ratings so far this season. It's averaging about 10.2 million viewers a week and a 2.6 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. Those numbers include seven-day DVR viewing for the first two weeks of the season; its same-day ratings have hovered between 9 million and 9.5 million viewers and a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating.

TesserT

[7]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 76
    A little early for death watch don't ya think? Besides getting a full season, check out the ABC Press Release I posted under the Ratings Discussion thread to see how the ratings look to ABC.

Jacks_Son

[8]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    I think some people simply take delight in crashing someone else's party. Notice, the OP has only posted twice, so I would place them in the category of "troll".

krussell47

[9]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    Way to popular to start a deathwatch. Japhethshem should think before he opens a stupid discussions such as this.