Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Did something tragic happen to Castle???

mimisc2009

[1]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 9

After watching episode 3 and Beckett asking Castle how he started to write crime novels, I can't stop thinking that maybe something tragic happened to Castle when he was young. There's no mention of his father - or maybe I missed it - but was murdered? Or maybe he just witnessed a murder?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EOBB

[2]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 6
    mimisc2009 wrote:

After watching episode 3 and Beckett asking Castle how he started to write crime novels, I can't stop thinking that maybe something tragic happened to Castle when he was young. There's no mention of his father - or maybe I missed it - but was murdered? Or maybe he just witnessed a murder?

I don't think you have to experience a trajedy to be a good writer. I would like to think Castle just has a well developed imagination. Another lead character with a mysteriously tragic background might be a little too much drama for one show. Just my opinion, of course.

It was mentioned last season that Martha does not know who Castle's father is. I would love to have this addressed at some point, and maybe find and meet the missing dad.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.