Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Episode "Punked" question

justinclarke

[1]Feb 27, 2011
    • level: 2

Season 3, Episode 4 aired tonight in Australia. When Castle & Beckett enter the steampunk club, Castle notes a replica of a time machine from a movie. They talk too fast in this series, I always miss comments! I thought he said the movie was "Time and Away"... I looked up that title, but came up empty. Does anyone know what movie he was referring to?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SheWhoTangles

[2]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 7
    justinclarke wrote:

Season 3, Episode 4 aired tonight in Australia. When Castle & Beckett enter the steampunk club, Castle notes a replica of a time machine from a movie. They talk too fast in this series, I always miss comments! I thought he said the movie was "Time and Away"... I looked up that title, but came up empty. Does anyone know what movie he was referring to?

If you mean the car outside the club, it was from the movie with Micheal J. Fox, Back to the Future (there were 2 sequels too).

BarryWeen3

[3]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 14

SheWhoTangles wrote:
    justinclarke wrote:

If you mean the car outside the club, it was from the movie with Micheal J. Fox, Back to the Future (there were 2 sequels too).

No, he's talking about after Beckett and Castle are inside the club, there's a time machine prop inside the club thatCastle says is from a movie and like Justin says, it sounds like Castle is saying the movie "Time and Away" which doesn't exist.

SheWhoTangles

[4]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 7
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

SheWhoTangles wrote:
    justinclarke wrote:

No, he's talking about after Beckett and Castle are inside the club, there's a time machine prop inside the club thatCastle says is from a movie and like Justin says, it sounds like Castle is saying the movie "Time and Away" which doesn't exist.

Big Sci-fi fan here, and I couldn't find anything on it either. I thought someone said it's a poem right after that, but it might have been the guy on the bike asking someone if they were clones. The poem search didn't turn anything up either, neither did the clone search...

LukeCanWaltz

[5]Apr 18, 2011

Hey! Just read your question and did a search on IMDb (the best movie-related site ever) and started typing in Time and the movie Time After Time popped up. The plot of the movie sounded right. Hope this helps! Here's the info:

Time After Time (1979)

H.G. Wells pursues Jack the Ripper to the 20th Century when the serial murderer uses the future writer's time machine to escape his time period.

BarryWeen3

[6]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 14

LukeCanWaltz wrote:

Hey! Just read your question and did a search on IMDb (the best movie-related site ever) and started typing in Time and the movie Time After Time popped up. The plot of the movie sounded right. Hope this helps! Here's the info:

Time After Time (1979)

H.G. Wells pursues Jack the Ripper to the 20th Century when the serial murderer uses the future writer's time machine to escape his time period.

I remember that movie. But that's not the title mentioned in the episode. Castle says, while looking at the time machine prop, and says that's the time machine from Time and Away, not Time After Time. And the prop looks nothing like the time machine in Time After Time. Good try.

LukeCanWaltz

[7]Apr 19, 2011
    That's what I get for not rewatching the episode before posting! Whoops! Sorry guys! I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight...