Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

"I Wish They'd Think of HIM/HER" as next "Castle" guest star

sandbur

[1]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 25

Summer Glau! Laughing A "Serene(ity)" reunion of sorts... A gal can dream, can't she?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

parallax207

[2]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 15

Christina Hendricks should show up playing one of Castle's ex-wives. That would be hilarious to any firefly fan.

Dewbak75

[3]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 18

Any of the Firefly cast would be obvious picks, Nathan had great chemistry with all of them. Some other famous authors playing themselves like they've gotten in the two season premieres would be great too. Stephen King's not half-bad as an actor, how much fund would it be to get him for a Halloween episode? In that same vein, getting other celebs to play themselves would help sell Richard Castle's celebrity status(like Joe Torre's cameo in Suicide Squeeze). Nathan Fillion's been on The View a few times and the women there seem to love him, maybe they could have an episode where Richard Castle appears on The View instead(yeah, Sports Night already did that gag, but it'd still be fun).

Of course, given how Nathan's referred to the show as a modern day Murder She Wrote, how much fun would it be if Angela Lansbury showed up? Although I doubt they could get her to appear as Jessica Fletcher, since that was a CBS show.

nolefan32

[4]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 11
    parallax207 wrote:

Christina Hendricks should show up playing one of Castle's ex-wives. That would be hilarious to any firefly fan.

Or even just as a con artist who marries men for their money. That'd work, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Morena Baccarin show up at some point, since she's one of the main stars of V, also on ABC. It's not uncommon to cross-polinate like that, to get the fans of one show to watch the other (and V could use the support, in addition to better writing).

Sean Mahar and Jewel Staite will be in an upcoming episode of Warehouse 13 this summer, and this time it will be "Simon" who has the crush on "Kaylee". Might be interesting to see them show up on Castle, especially as a couple, since as Jewel said in one of her recent tweets, the two of them are becoming the new Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, just without the gazillions of dollars.

sandbur

[5]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 25

Sean Maher has been back in the saddle recently too. I have seen him on recent episodes of Human Target as well as The Mentalist. He was also a favourite character for me on Firefly. Kiss Alan Tudyk needs to get back in the public eye, though I hear he has signed on to the new Rockford Files, so he may be tied up on another network, and I don't know if they can network hop...

Michael Chiklis. Now wouldn't it be interesting to see "Mackey" and "Beckett" go head-to-head? Polar opposites...might make for an interesting story...

nolefan32

[6]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 11
    sandbur wrote:

Alan Tudyk needs to get back in the public eye, though I hear he has signed on to the new Rockford Files, so he may be tied up on another network, and I don't know if they can network hop...

Alan was the bad guy on Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, so it's not as if the man has been hiding in a cave the last several years. Granted, Dollhouse did end up canceled (though not nearly as quickly as Firefly, which is a shame considering that Dollhouse may very well have been Joss' Edsel).

Starprincess13

[7]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 24

Dewbak75 wrote:

Any of the Firefly cast would be obvious picks, Nathan had great chemistry with all of them. Some other famous authors playing themselves like they've gotten in the two season premieres would be great too. Stephen King's not half-bad as an actor, how much fund would it be to get him for a Halloween episode? In that same vein, getting other celebs to play themselves would help sell Richard Castle's celebrity status(like Joe Torre's cameo in Suicide Squeeze). Nathan Fillion's been on The View a few times and the women there seem to love him, maybe they could have an episode where Richard Castle appears on The View instead(yeah, Sports Night already did that gag, but it'd still be fun).

Of course, given how Nathan's referred to the show as a modern day Murder She Wrote, how much fun would it be if Angela Lansbury showed up? Although I doubt they could get her to appear as Jessica Fletcher, since that was a CBS show.

I agree with your ideas. They are good ones.

motleylil

[8]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 19

parallax207 wrote:

I'd love that. How many ex-wives does he have again?

And Summer Glau or Alan Tyduk, I'd love to see them.

Starprincess13

[9]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 24

motleylil wrote:

parallax207 wrote:

I don't think the whole ex-wife thing would work out. Castle has only two ex-wives and we have met them both (Meredith who is Alexis' mom and Gina who is still his publisher and agent). They could probably have her play an old fling or something instead?

BarryWeen3

[10]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 14
    nolefan32 wrote:
    sandbur wrote:

Alan Tudyk needs to get back in the public eye, though I hear he has signed on to the new Rockford Files, so he may be tied up on another network, and I don't know if they can network hop...

Alan was the bad guy on Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, so it's not as if the man has been hiding in a cave the last several years. Granted, Dollhouse did end up canceled (though not nearly as quickly as Firefly, which is a shame considering that Dollhouse may very well have been Joss' Edsel).

I wouldn't consider Dollhouse Joss' Edsel. It got really great at the end. Suprisingly, or maybe not suprisingly, FOX had Joss rewrite the pilot episode just like they did for Firefly. His original pilot for Dollhouse ended up being chopped up and various pieces of it were sprinkled among the first several episodes. The show, I think, suffered from moving a bit too slow in plot movement and trying to do both stuff happening at the Dollhouse and having episodes focusing on Echo's missions. The more interesting episodes to me involved the mechinations happening at the Dollhouse, which is probably why I thought the show ended strong with those final episodes.

BarryWeen3

[11]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 14
    Starprincess13 wrote:

motleylil wrote:

parallax207 wrote:

I don't think the whole ex-wife thing would work out. Castle has only two ex-wives and we have met them both (Meredith who is Alexis' mom and Gina who is still his publisher and agent). They could probably have her play an old fling or something instead?

That would work, consider that's the role Alyssa Milano played in A Rose for Everafter. They should name her character Mrs. Reynolds.