Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Is the first rule of being a Castle fan "Don't believe the trailers"?

matthewgiven3

[1]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 4

It seems that ABC edits the trailers every week to make them look like Castle and Beckett are breaking up and I have no idea why since the show has never been better with them together and it is their highest rated drama. Why does ABc think we want to see a break up. I mean they even made it look like the christmas episode was going to feature them breaking up. The worst has to be episode 505 where they took Beckett saying "where were you friday night?" to a suspect and made it look like she was talking to Castle.

I think the first rule of being a Castle fan is "Don't believe what you see in the trailers." Does anyone else agree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]Dec 21, 2012
    • level: 14

Oh, hell yes. I've stopped watching ABC's "promos" for Castle several seasons ago. But I agree that this season, they've been especially misleading. After the Storm - intimating that they made a mistake being together, like you said with Probably Cause - making it look likeBeckett is accusing Castle directly, etc. That's why everyone was freaking out over episode 5 saying they're going to break up and screaming like chicken little...

Yeah, I watch the sneak peeks, but not the ABC promos, those are way too edited.

matthewgiven3

[3]Dec 22, 2012
    • level: 4

BarryWeen3 wrote:

Oh, hell yes. I've stopped watching ABC's "promos" for Castle several seasons ago. But I agree that this season, they've been especially misleading. After the Storm - intimating that they made a mistake being together, like you said with Probably Cause - making it look likeBeckett is accusing Castle directly, etc. That's why everyone was freaking out over episode 5 saying they're going to break up and screaming like chicken little...

Yeah, I watch the sneak peeks, but not the ABC promos, those are way too edited.

Yeah I find it really strange because every story and review in the press seems to talk about how great Castle and Beckett are together and how the show has broken the "moonlighting Curse" so you would think ABC would want to play up that angle in their adds,not pretend that every week one of things that makes the show so good is going to go away.

I think the one trailer got it right was 503. That one played up the mystery for that week and the fun of having Castle and Beckett together yet them not being able to show it when at work. That is how all the trailers should be done if you ask me.