Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Josh dies in 3x24?? - Knockout!

McDuplessis

[1]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 9

First off I'd like to add that I have no idea if this is true or not...I suppose all this came about because of an interview that Susan Sullivan did for wetpaint.com in which she was asked about the finale and all she said was that "there will be love and loss"...I for one never thought about any scenarios in which those words could play out because I know how these things can go, it can mean nothing at all or it could mean something really significant...The only reason for the new topic is because I saw a tweet the other day where someone wrote '@AndrewMarlowe I can't believe you're killing off Josh in the finale'...I loosely translated the exact tweet but that was the gist of it...So I was wondering what y'all think about the possibility of this happening??...

For me personally I really hope that they don't give Josh that kind of "blaze of glory exit"...I hope they don't kill him to try and hurt Beckett in some way because of how further investigations is being played out on her Mother's murder or even worse I hope he's not involved in some under handed way and gets killed off by the bad guys as a commodity...My reasons for all this is because any of the above scenarios would give Josh the kind of importance his role really doesn't deserve...We've hardly seen him and even when we do he's just used as a diversion to get Castle or Beckett to stop what they are really about to say...We have no idea how Kate really feels about him other than he's around and they're in a fairly committed relationship but does she feel like he could be The One...I'd hate for his death to plunge her into thoughts/feelings such as those and even worse I'd hate for Josh to be out the way like that and then only, opening the door for Castle...I can't imagine Castle would want that either...

And really killing off Josh just seems like a really cheap trick and I for one am not interested at all...Let him just go out as unassuming as he came in no fuss no muss the relationship ran it's course and he's off to save the rest of the world like he really wants to do or Kate realizes that as perfect as Josh is on paper he's just not perfect for her...Thank you goodnight!...

So let's hear you guys mouth off...I've said my bit...Smile

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

McDuplessis

[2]Apr 8, 2011
    Now that we know this I guess I can breathe a sigh! of relief but also not really lol!!

Spoiler alert : Death coming to Castle

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/castle-death-coming.html

SheWhoTangles

[3]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 7

Okay, you asked... it would all be in how he died that would make the difference (and I agree that he is only a 2D character, so he shouldn't get a royal sendoff or be given more importance as a character dead than he had alive)

Having Josh get murdered would really do some serious harm to Beckett, especially if he was used by someone as a way to harm her--like as a threat to back off her mother's case. Even with Castle helping her find him, the twists would be serious and impossible to brush off in future episodes easily. Keeping Casket apart is part of the show, but I think something like that could destroy them as a couple especially if Beckett is coming out with how she feels to Castle, and Castle might feel guilt over how he felt when she was with Josh. That kind of unresolvable guilt would be very bad and Castle is still carrying enough from season 2; he almost left Beckett alone then because of it. I don't think our awesome writers would risk damaging Caskett's relationship that way.

If Josh decided to end the relationship with Beckett because his career is more important to him, just as hers is important enough to her to do after some of the other events I've heard may be taking place--some time pursuing their careers and suspending their relationship until they are ready to put each other first might be a better way to end the relationship. Neither Josh or Beckett would be seen in a negative light, and Josh can die in a small plane crash doing what he loved. Beckett would need some time to get over his death, but she would do it knowing he died doing what he loved and knowing that what he loved meant more to him than her. Castle would be there to offer his support as a friend and would respect her time for mourning to recover.

That would set up Caskett's time away from each other nicely for the summer break if Beckett takes time off to spend with her Dad, a relationship that might need some TLC and can heal now that her mother's death will be solved at last. Castle can get some quality time in with Alexis before she's probably off to college next year and help out his mom maybe with the acting school.

I don't want to see anyone else get killed, so I'm running with this idea in my head for now.

BarryWeen3

[4]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 14

SheWhoTangles wrote:

Okay, you asked... it would all be in how he died that would make the difference (and I agree that he is only a 2D character, so he shouldn't get a royal sendoff or be given more importance as a character dead than he had alive)

Having Josh get murdered would really do some serious harm to Beckett, especially if he was used by someone as a way to harm her--like as a threat to back off her mother's case. Even with Castle helping her find him, the twists would be serious and impossible to brush off in future episodes easily. Keeping Casket apart is part of the show, but I think something like that could destroy them as a couple especially if Beckett is coming out with how she feels to Castle, and Castle might feel guilt over how he felt when she was with Josh. That kind of unresolvable guilt would be very bad and Castle is still carrying enough from season 2; he almost left Beckett alone then because of it. I don't think our awesome writers would risk damaging Caskett's relationship that way.

If Josh decided to end the relationship with Beckett because his career is more important to him, just as hers is important enough to her to do after some of the other events I've heard may be taking place--some time pursuing their careers and suspending their relationship until they are ready to put each other first might be a better way to end the relationship. Neither Josh or Beckett would be seen in a negative light, and Josh can die in a small plane crash doing what he loved. Beckett would need some time to get over his death, but she would do it knowing he died doing what he loved and knowing that what he loved meant more to him than her. Castle would be there to offer his support as a friend and would respect her time for mourning to recover.

That would set up Caskett's time away from each other nicely for the summer break if Beckett takes time off to spend with her Dad, a relationship that might need some TLC and can heal now that her mother's death will be solved at last. Castle can get some quality time in with Alexis before she's probably off to college next year and help out his mom maybe with the acting school.

I don't want to see anyone else get killed, so I'm running with this idea in my head for now.

If that spoiler about death coming to Castle is true then it can't be Josh because he wasn't there from the beginning. From the beginning means Castle, Martha, Alexis, Gina, Captain Montgomery, Lanie, Ryan, and Espisito. Those were all the characters introduced in the Pilot. Now if from the beginning mean the first season, then you could also throw in Beckett's dad. That would really mess Beckett up if she lost her dad, similar to how screwed up Brennan would be on Bones, if the sniper's target turns out to be Max.

SheWhoTangles

[5]Apr 9, 2011

I know that Josh hasn't been there from the beginning, but I was responding to the question of' if Josh was the one to die.'

It would be awful for Beckett to lose her dad right after solving her mother's case, and it would definitely provide a valid break for her to take some time off and resume in the Fall. It would leave a sensible ending between now and the fall season. If Josh is out of the picture by then, it would leave her very alone and very vulnerable. It would be the perfect time to spend the summer with Castle to get away, but I'm sure Beckett will have lots of loose ends to take care of as a result of her father's death. So just being away to take care of affairs would do it too. Castle's presence wouldn't be needed if Josh was around still as emotional support.

Captain Montgomery might be in the wrong place at the wrong time, retaliation from a former foe perhaps. (I like his character and hope it isn't him either. We are just starting to get to know him a little better.) Lanie hasn't been on as much in the show lately, but she's loveable (and I am hoping some comments from Molly Quinn would mean Lanie will be around for a while yet.)

I'm not looking forward to the finale if we're losing someone. Too fond of the cast and characters, except for Josh!

sherv22

[6]Apr 10, 2011

I don't suppose anyone thought about not putting a potential major spoiler in the title of the thread? Foot in mouth Now anyone who glances at this forum will be expecting a death in the season finale.

McDuplessis

[7]Apr 10, 2011
    Firstly I was the one to start this forum and I started it before there was confirmation that anyone was going to die it just happen to be an unavoidable coincidence...I don't see how a possible plot line will somehow give a hint as to what happens in the finale as the fans speculate all the time on possible plot lines...

sherv22 wrote:

I don't suppose anyone thought about not putting a potential major spoiler in the title of the thread? Foot in mouth Now anyone who glances at this forum will be expecting a death in the season finale.

SheWhoTangles

[8]Apr 10, 2011

Okay, there is always at least one death, the one they're investigating... sorry had to get that in there.

The death of a character could be figurative, not actual. I'm going to rewatch the Pilot and the first show and decide from there. If someone is dying on duty or is going to be a victim of revenge, there is no way to predict it. I have to rewatch and see if they missed a murderer at the beginning or not. It's been too long, but the death of killer plaguing them isn't out the realm of possibility. The title "Knockout" implies to me that we're reaching the end of a fight, and technically if the case of Beckett's mother is solved that fight will be over.

Another thought, Castle was offered a contract by his publisher to do three more Nikki Heat books after the first was published. Could Gina be harboring a little desire of revenge herself and cancel his contract for the next book? Could the character to be killed be the fictional version of Nikki Heat?

MrAndree

[9]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 19
    Maybe they kill Gina. She is with the show since the beginning (she was in the first episode) and she is important enough to Castle to make it personal. Maybe the serial killer guy returns and thinks that killing an ex wife would be a good way to say hello to Castle.

SheWhoTangles

[10]Apr 11, 2011

Gina sounds like a very viable suspect. They haven't developed her character a lot in the show, but her death would have a huge impact on Castle personally and professionally. It could have a huge impact on Martha and Alexis too. The writer's often mirror events and happenings with both of them. Gina's dying could easily mirror the LA episode plot line.

McDuplessis

[11]Apr 11, 2011
    I know the spoiler we got says it'll be someone from the beginning of the series, now I'm not sure if that means episode one ie: the pilot or just someone from season 1...If it's season 1 the ex-boyfriend FBI guy could also be a possibility especially if he was working on a case, got killed and that case then proves to be the catalyst for further investigations into Beckett's Mom's murder (I think that Will was into organised crime for the FBI)....But I suppose given what we know about the LA episode that would really be an emotional few weeks for Beckett...I guess Gina is still someone I too think could be expendable without taking anything away from the show but still cause an efficient amount of turmoil for Castle which I think we need to see more of...

pr0teu5

[12]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 6
    LoL. It take my 5min to find out who is "Josh" XD. Because I only know him as "Bike boy". Don't really care for the character.

SheWhoTangles

[13]Apr 12, 2011

I have to rewatch the pilot and first show to see who and what happened. I keep thinking there was a bad guy that got away that could be threatening. I'm thinking Gina is the best bet now. Like the chief, like Lanie, and think they each have enough in the show to keep them on. The death has to be meaningful and have a dramatic effect on our couple somehow. I can't bare to consider anyone leaving but a bad guy at the moment. Too full from last night's Dead Pool ending.

BarryWeen3

[14]Apr 12, 2011

SheWhoTangles wrote:

I have to rewatch the pilot and first show to see who and what happened. I keep thinking there was a bad guy that got away that could be threatening. I'm thinking Gina is the best bet now. Like the chief, like Lanie, and think they each have enough in the show to keep them on. The death has to be meaningful and have a dramatic effect on our couple somehow. I can't bare to consider anyone leaving but a bad guy at the moment. Too full from last night's Dead Pool ending.

My friend and I were just discussing Dead Pool and I mentioned that we had a break till May before we see the final three episodes and that the season finale supposedly has a death coming. She ventured forth the choice of Martha, she thinks her storyline has played out and would be an interesting choice.

McDuplessis

[15]Apr 13, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

SheWhoTangles wrote:

My friend and I were just discussing Dead Pool and I mentioned that we had a break till May before we see the final three episodes and that the season finale supposedly has a death coming. She ventured forth the choice of Martha, she thinks her storyline has played out and would be an interesting choice.

Interesting choice is not the word I would use more like devastating...But I think Martha is a long shot especially since in her interview with wetpaint she was surprised by the fact that the writers were going in the direction of loss & love as she described the finale...I'm going to stick with my original thoughts of Gina or Will and anyone else that I know in the series will just be too hard to contemplate even the Capt. although I can see the merit of him being killed off...But like someone else was saying it would be hard to imagine that someone else would be ok for Castle to follow Beckett around...Unless of course it's someone that Castle has met before and it's a woman...I think I would enjoy something like that lol!!...

BarryWeen3

[16]Apr 13, 2011

McDuplessis wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

SheWhoTangles wrote:

Interesting choice is not the word I would use more like devastating...But I think Martha is a long shot especially since in her interview with wetpaint she was surprised by the fact that the writers were going in the direction of loss & love as she described the finale...I'm going to stick with my original thoughts of Gina or Will and anyone else that I know in the series will just be too hard to contemplate even the Capt. although I can see the merit of him being killed off...But like someone else was saying it would be hard to imagine that someone else would be ok for Castle to follow Beckett around...Unless of course it's someone that Castle has met before and it's a woman...I think I would enjoy something like that lol!!...

Well there are indications it might be the Captain considering the casting news thats making the rounds.

Edited on 04/13/2011 11:37pm

quicksands2

[17]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 1

My bets are on the Captain.

Reason: I´m hoping they´ll pair Castle off with Beckett by the end of this season. That´d mean a bit less natural tension there and a new Captain (good looking woman?) with a less positive attitude towards an outsider like Castle messing with police affairs could put some new strain on Casketts relationship...

McDuplessis

[18]Apr 13, 2011
    quicksands2 wrote:

My bets are on the Captain.

Reason: I´m hoping they´ll pair Castle off with Beckett by the end of this season. That´d mean a bit less natural tension there and a new Captain (good looking woman?) with a less positive attitude towards an outsider like Castle messing with police affairs could put some new strain on Casketts relationship...

It's looking more and more likely that it's going to be the Captain...If so I really doubt that they will pair up our DD by the end of the season...There's just way too much emotional turmoil that Beckett has to go through...With what we know about what goes down in 3x22 and then the Capt possibly dying and then we all assume Josh won't make till season 4 she has to break-up with him or he with her...No way will she be ready for Castle's advances and even if she does reciprocate I wouldn't want it to go down for Castle like that, with Beckett practically a basket case...

SheWhoTangles

[19]Apr 13, 2011

I agree, Castle wouldn't want to catch Beckett on the rebound. He's knows she would need some time to recover from it all, not to mention what this driving force in her life--now fulfilled--is going to do to her identity. Before she had a mission, to solve her mom's murder. I think she's going to feel lost and be grasping for a new understanding of herself. I imagine she'll be going through the motions of her old life's routine through the summer if she doesn't go away and will be ready for the distraction, friendship, and companionship of Castle by the time he comes back in the fall. I really want to see them keep in touch this summer somehow.

I did have another idea of who might get eliminated, based on the reciprocal pattern that keeps evolving in the series. If Becket is going to lose someone she cared for very much from a previous relationship in the next show, Meredith might qualify as a character who has been there from the beginning and like Beckett for Royce--Castle still have fond feelings for even though it's over (sort of, I remember that crazy bedroom scene way at the beginning of the show). Alexis would suddenly be without a living mother, and she and Beckett and Castle and Martha could all end up closer as they cope.

Nat6386

[20]Apr 13, 2011
    i didnt read a lot of what you guys were saying, but I ahve a feeling that it would be Capt Montgomery cause on another topic, not sure if mentioned above, the capts wife and daughter are being cast, so maybe for the funeral...that would mess everyone up, and also give season 4 a MASSIVE shake up, im going to start googling characters leaving the show...... maybe something was leaked, but i hope its not Josh being killed for all the 'blaze of glory' exits that were referred to!