Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

No! I just read that Castle's producers are thinking of getting rid of Alexis.

matthewgiven3

[1]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 4

I just read that Castle's producers are thinking of getting rid of Alexis this season on the Castle Facebook page. The Alexis character and the way that Molly Quinn plays her are on of the main reasons the pilot episode of the show hooked me. If Alexis goes I think the show will loose a lot of it's heart and I think it will really hurt the character of Castle to not have her around any more.

If you don't want Castle's producers to get rid of the character of Alexis,please like the new Facebook page.

Castle Please Keep Alexis.

Please search for and like this page so the producers know how you feel and Molly Quinn knows she has fans,thank you.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iwspaniels

[3]Jun 22, 2013
    • level: 2
    Totally agree. Mother and Daughter truly add dimension to Rick. They soften the edges of the Fillion character. Even when Rick Castle is at his most off-putting, the viewer (and other story characters) still like him. Likeability is key for me. If a character lacks that quality at some level, I will not continue to watchi them.

CrazyAsian1080

[4]Oct 13, 2013
    • level: 7

I am a huge fan of Molly C. Quinn and I am a huge fan of Alexis. Her character added a lot to the show at first... She acted as a foil for Castle's child like nature and also showed how great a father Castle was. But lets be honest, it is obvious the writers are having a hard time figuring out how to keep her (and to a slightly lesser extent Martha) around.

Granted Molly C. Quinn has other projects in the works and has been busy but last season she had very little actual air time and most of it was superficial random one off scenes that felt forced just so Molly C. Quinn would be in the episode with no real impact to the story.

I honestly cannot see them killing off Alexis, but I am unsure why people are all up in arms about reducing her to a guest star... Because lets be honest, she kind of is already.

Glennen

[5]Oct 14, 2013
    • level: 17
    As hard as ut sounds, but if it takes the disappearence of the character Alexis to GET RID OF HER BOYFRIEND PI, then by all means, put her on a plance to england or norway or whereever.

CrazyAsian1080

[6]Oct 27, 2013
    • level: 7

After the most recent episode it seems the only reason that the writers introduced Pi is so they can write Alexis off the show. The problem is... after 6 years no one who watches the show would actually believe Alexis would actually be interested in someone like Pi (unless there is some crazy back story we do not know).

Here's the thing... People in general tend to predict future behavior based on past behavior. Now when it comes to television shows granted the audience does not know everything, but based on what we have seen from Alexis in the past 6 years Pi makes no sense and that is probably why most viewers dislike him so much.

haldrey

[7]Oct 31, 2013
    • level: 22
    Do not get rid of Alexis, get rid of the boyfriend and return her to the lovable character that she was before.

Copioli

[8]Nov 2, 2013
    • level: 10
    I was thinking that was going to happen because in the Nikki Heat books Rook, as far as I know, has no child. He has a diva mother, but no child, so he and Heat can be together any time they want with no problems and the story is sexier and less "for all the family". I think that is the direction the show wants.
    I love Molly Quinn and her character and I am very, very angry with Castle behavior towards her, even when I don't like Pi.

Summary

[9]Nov 4, 2013
    • level: 2

Even though Rook has no daughter in the Nikki Heat Books, there have been some episodes that hint at Castle wanting to keep his daughter out of the limelight, which could be a reason not to have a Rook daughter character. While Alexis shows up at book signings in the show, she is relegated to sit at a table, or away from the main event so as not to draw too much attention to her. Also before this time, the producers could have had Alexis go to college at Oxford or Stanford and virtually write her off the show other then a mention or two.

I have read a lot of the sneek peaks for tonights episode. It deals mostly with Alexis and Castle. I think this means she plays or bigger part coming up or this could be her Swan song. I think the latter.