Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Discussion - 2x01 Deep in death

penelope1985

[1]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 21

i thought we shoud have a premiere thread...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

penelope1985

[2]Sep 22, 2009
    The premiere was amazing. The case was interesting but that wasn't what was good about it. Initially Beckett is mad at Castle for reopening his mother's case. He tries to make her see that reopening the case is a good thing but she avoids him. In the end its Alexis that shows Castle that Beckett id mad at him because he disregarded her feelings and never apologized. The last scene with Beckett and Castle is amazing.

Earlier in the episode at the poker game with Michael Connelly and Stephen J. Cannel, the latter tells Castle flat out that the reason he wants to a russian underground poker game is because he like Beckett too much and thinks that will impress her. Ouuuuuuuuuuuu......

Roborovski

[3]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 4

I loved the 2nd season opening! The relationship between them is evolving and is getting more and more hilarious! I really missed them and I'm glad they're back!

penelope1985

[4]Sep 22, 2009
    Roborovski wrote:

I loved the 2nd season opening! The relationship between them is evolving and is getting more and more hilarious! I really missed them and I'm glad they're back!

I missed them too...

Dewbak75

[5]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 18

Great start to the new season! The case was mildly interesting, but this episode really wasn't about the case, so that's fine. I thought it was interesting that Beckett never told Lanie what Castle had found out about her mother's death, I'm guessing at some point Lanie & Beckett will have a heart to heart talk about whether she should risk taking another look. I'm curious to see how long they're going to let the mystery play out. It's not what drives the series, so they could either wrap it up this season or let it go on for a good while.

On a lighter note, the more casual look definitely seems to suit Beckett, especially the longer hair. Her quick-change for the poker game is a whole 'nother story, but I was too busy staring at those legs to notice much else. It was also fun to see how Esposito & Ryan were reacting to Castle & Beckett, I hope those two get some time in the spotlight soon, they're woefully underutilized.

TesserT

[6]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 76
    penelope1985 wrote:

lol We did. As I did Season 1, I put one up several hrs before the show started. Just look down a couple threads.

penelope1985

[7]Sep 22, 2009
    TesserT wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:

lol We did. As I did Season 1, I put one up several hrs before the show started. Just look down a couple threads.

Im sorry. I really thought there was none.

Platina86

[8]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 8
    I loved this episode, and i loved how they poked a little into CSI of how they always has music when they have forensic studies.

krussell47

[9]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    Great episode. I'm glad Castle finally just apologized to Beckett and she accepted. You knew they weren't going to stay apart. The case was quite interesting but as usual it was how Castle and Beckett interacted that made the show. I'm so glad to see it back and can't wait for next weeks new episode.