Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: A Deadly Game 2x24 (May 17)

BarryWeen3

[121]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 14
    Starprincess13 wrote:

LOL, Barry. I am loving how you are going around trying get more people to discover Firefly and join us Browncoats.

Thanks, we all have to do our part to spread the signal...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sarcastic-Bones

[122]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 6
    Having only recently discovered Castle and, unfortunately, having missed out on watching the finale when it airs, I am FINALLY up to date.

Yes, the ending was a little... hmm, FRIENDS-ish in some ways but, you know what? We've still got Season 3 to sort this out and I really do not think that Castle is going to go along a typical storyline that you expect from FRIENDS (i.e. One's ready to admit their feelings, then the other is when the first one moves on, etc...). Or at least I HOPE it doesn't. I think Beckett is too sensible for that (she DID break up with Demming, after all). That's not to say I don't think it'll take a good many episodes but I'm going to guess (hope) that it won't take NEARLY as long to get Beckett and Castle together as it is taking to get Booth and Brennan (Bones) together - Hart Hanson has ways like no other writer to string out relastionships, I swear! .

I have to say, I watch a lot of Crime/Detective/Murder shows in detail (i.e. paying close attention to every episode) and I really feel like Castle is just one of the best (although it does have similr themes with The Mentalist such as a woman detective followed by a "consultant" who helps on cases and seemingly gets on her nerves but they like each other really, oh and both Beckett and Lisbon (The Mentalist's main woman cop for those who don't watch it) also has a sort of "hidden" (mostly) past with her parents)... so yeah, kind of similar, but they still have their own unique things, obviously.

But Castle is definitely winning my vote over The Mentalist at the moment due to its interesting cases, funny scripts and simply ENTERTAINING-ness. How I wish more people I knew watched this show.

Anyway, back to the ACTUAL episode... I liked it. That may be because I'm kind of biased, having decided definitively that I love this show and now cannot be swayed on the matter, but I really did like it all the same. I thought the whole "Spy holiday" thing was actually pretty fascinating and, although the murder turned out to be simply jealousy from a love triangle (for want of a better word...) I truly thought the beginning of the case really did mask the true happenings of the murder (i.e. I didn't see it coming, at least until near the end). But can we really be surprised, Castle, after all, said it himself - there's three reasons for murder: To cover up another murder, money and LOVE.

Looking back at this comment - to be honest, I'm not sure what I've just rambled on about... but this is my lovely scrambled thoughts that I just had to write down.

Can't wait for Season 3! x

TankLike

[123]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 7

BarryWeen3 wrote:
    Starprincess13 wrote:

LOL, Barry. I am loving how you are going around trying get more people to discover Firefly and join us Browncoats.

I wonder how many people started watching Castle because of Nathan Fillion. Or V because of Morena Baccarin. Or Terminator: SCC because of Summer Glau. Firefly simply rocks the totally underestimated space-western-drama-genre

BarryWeen3

[124]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 14
    TankLike wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:
    Starprincess13 wrote:

I wonder how many people started watching Castle because of Nathan Fillion. Or V because of Morena Baccarin. Or Terminator: SCC because of Summer Glau. Firefly simply rocks the totally underestimated space-western-drama-genre

FOX really didn't give Firefly a chance with all the monkeying around they did with the show at the time.

I still grumble at FOX for what might have been. Friends I've introduced to the series and like it are also disappointed that there's only 14 episodes and a movie as they want more.