Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: Cloudy With a Chance of Murder 5x02 (Oct 1)

TesserT

[1]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 77
    Please use this thread to discuss episode Cloudy With a Chance of Murder. Enjoy!

From ABC.go: On Beckett's first day back from suspension, she and Castle investigate a weathercaster's death, and try to hide their relationship from their co-workers.

Check out the promo over at ABC.com. mmm, sexy! I'll take a cab.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canada_Michael

[2]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 10

I hope they don't play this we need to keep it a secret/jealousyroutine for too long. This is only the second episode & it was fine, but it will get old fast. This is not a 3rd party causing tension & issues in their relationship, but Castle & Beckett themselves. This agreement is based on shaky reasoning at best. There should be no issue telling his mom and daughter, so why are they keeping it a secret from them? His mom on more then oneoccasion has said he is not following Beckett at work because of research anymore, she already knows that he loves Beckett.

JonathonWolf

[3]Oct 1, 2012
    I figure they might feel weird telling Alexis because it changes their relationship dynamic so much, especially Beckett's relationship with Alexis. Beckett has always been more like a cool aunt to Alexis. With Martha, I can see them being concerned with her being melodramatic or thinking she's keeping the secret better than she is because of her acting skill. Or just stating it flat out and blowing off the looks because "oh, everyone already knew, darling."

CrazyAsian1080

[4]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 7

Oh hello there oddly square headed man. Might you be the killer? I think so!

wildhoney66

[5]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 13

them worrying a bit about their relationship getting out i can see that since it's a new relationship. and yes the guy was the killer but he and others were the ones who kept saying how it'll will at some point get out. so it makes sense that they'd both worry about it.

my guess is that before he told his family he wanted to see if his relationship was just a one night stand or if it was more than that. honestly him telling them while they are in Europe ok i am glad that he didn't tell them i'd rather have him tell them in the apartment. i don't think every episode is them both freaking out but like i said it's kind of hard to keep those thoughts from ones mind when you keep hearing it over and over from other people.

it goes the same way when people tell a couple any couple that their marriage is doomed and some people after hearing it so much will believe it and it will in fact crumble. or if someone doesn't believe in curses and they keep hearing people say you better watch out. well you will at some point maybe start to believe in curses. that's my guess anyways. though i did LOVE the part with Lainie though. she's onto her, but she hasn't figured it out YET! i'm sure she will though. honestly since they broke their partnership up last season for a short time i hope they don't do that this season if they are going to at some point have gates find out. i'll prolly be a bit like 'the mentalist' when rigsby was dating van pelton.

and everyone kept quiet about it, and i forget which boss found out about it to be honest.though on that show they were forced to break up. i do hope it doesn't go that way my point is that it won't surprise me if the whole department figured it out at some point and keeps quiet about it.

cause they i think respect beckett and though i'm not sure how all the cops feel about castle, some of them i think respect him as well.

to be honest they hadn't really said anything to each other on what they should do if asked out. you may say to say no. which you would be right. but like castle said and beckett they've never dated anyone before where they have to hide their relationship.

i think it was a great episode but last weeks was better, hearing beckett comment on picturing that woman's boobs in his face was funny though. anyways, i dunno i look at it this way it's only the 2nd episode so just keep an open mind and enjoy the show. as iv'e said a quite few times it's going to be a fun one i think. i am dying to know what castle's family thinks though. and as i've said i wonder if they can keep quiet about it. alexis is more likely someone who can. but martha well that's another story.

mysteriousopal

[6]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 29
    It was an okay episode, especially in comparison to the season opener. I wasn't really interested in the case, but that's nothing new

What I did like were Castle and Beckett trying to hide their relationship but I hope they don't drag that out too long, it could end up being boring. Glad that Ryan and Esposito made up though - like it if they work together.

BarryWeen3

[7]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 14

wildhoney66 wrote:

them worrying a bit about their relationship getting out i can see that since it's a new relationship. and yes the guy was the killer but he and others were the ones who kept saying how it'll will at some point get out. so it makes sense that they'd both worry about it.

my guess is that before he told his family he wanted to see if his relationship was just a one night stand or if it was more than that. honestly him telling them while they are in Europe ok i am glad that he didn't tell them i'd rather have him tell them in the apartment. i don't think every episode is them both freaking out but like i said it's kind of hard to keep those thoughts from ones mind when you keep hearing it over and over from other people.

it goes the same way when people tell a couple any couple that their marriage is doomed and some people after hearing it so much will believe it and it will in fact crumble. or if someone doesn't believe in curses and they keep hearing people say you better watch out. well you will at some point maybe start to believe in curses. that's my guess anyways. though i did LOVE the part with Lainie though. she's onto her, but she hasn't figured it out YET! i'm sure she will though. honestly since they broke their partnership up last season for a short time i hope they don't do that this season if they are going to at some point have gates find out. i'll prolly be a bit like 'the mentalist' when rigsby was dating van pelton.

and everyone kept quiet about it, and i forget which boss found out about it to be honest.though on that show they were forced to break up. i do hope it doesn't go that way my point is that it won't surprise me if the whole department figured it out at some point and keeps quiet about it.

cause they i think respect beckett and though i'm not sure how all the cops feel about castle, some of them i think respect him as well.

to be honest they hadn't really said anything to each other on what they should do if asked out. you may say to say no. which you would be right. but like castle said and beckett they've never dated anyone before where they have to hide their relationship.

i think it was a great episode but last weeks was better, hearing beckett comment on picturing that woman's boobs in his face was funny though. anyways, i dunno i look at it this way it's only the 2nd episode so just keep an open mind and enjoy the show. as iv'e said a quite few times it's going to be a fun one i think. i am dying to know what castle's family thinks though. and as i've said i wonder if they can keep quiet about it. alexis is more likely someone who can. but martha well that's another story.

Rigsby and Van Pelt openly confessed they were in a relationship to Lisbon and Lisbon ended up just ignoring it at the same time that Rigsby and Van Pelt split up temporarily. It was Lisbon's new superior, Hightower, who figured out the two were in a relationship and forced them to choose between working together or being together and so Van Pelt broke up with Rigsby.

As for Caskett hiding their relationship, I'm pretty sure that Lanie knows in this episode but is waiting for Kate to admit it first before she confronts her about it. Knowing Ryan and Esposito, they also probably have their suspicions but aren't saying anything because I think they are more than likely to have a bet about it. As for Gates, if she could figure out that Beckett and her team were protecting Montgomery, she can probably figure out that there's something going on between Castle and Beckett. As for Castle's family, both Martha and Alexis are pretty smart not to notice as they both are still around the loft though Alexis is now preparing to leave for the dorms of Columbia and Martha spends more time at her studio.

Then there's
    ***SPOILER***

Jacks_Son

[8]Oct 3, 2012

Is it me, or is Castle assuming more of a lead investigator role this season. I noticed Ryan gave Rick the note they found first, and Kate was standing right there. (Although she may have been on the phone) Castle is no longer considered just a celebrity author now, but a full-fledged investigator/cop (sans badge, of course).

p.s.. Love the banter between both "couples"!

w4u

[9]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 53

I was always enjoyed their banter but their jealousy moments are really funny to watch.

JonathonWolf

[10]Oct 3, 2012
    Jacks_Son wrote:

Is it me, or is Castle assuming more of a lead investigator role this season. I noticed Ryan gave Rick the note they found first, and Kate was standing right there. (Although she may have been on the phone) Castle is no longer considered just a celebrity author now, but a full-fledged investigator/cop (sans badge, of course).

p.s.. Love the banter between both "couples"!

I'd have to watch the episode again for that. I do remember when Castle stepped out of the interrogation room to get the info Ryan had, but Beckett stayed to keep sweating the perp. I think they've been treating him more like a couple since around the start of the fourth season, especially with him having to take lead on Beckett's shooter investigation. Might even have started in the third season. It's gotten pretty commonplace for everyone except Gates to treat him like he's a real cop; they just like to mess with him sometimes about him not being one.

wildhoney66

[11]Oct 3, 2012

i agree i don't think it started this season, i think the guys consider him a dear friend and i think he has even hung out them as well. remember he bought the bar ? and his way of doing investagating uh sorry about my spelling has i think gotten a LOT better as well. he also stopped showing off that he knows this and that person which was funny i admit when he did that but it also got old at some point. i think the guys know

he'd take a bullet for them as well has for beckett. since he did try to stop her from being shot at montgomery's funeral. so i think the guys have great respect for Rick. and he does for them. as for the show 'the mentalist' i was referring to 'hightower actually.

i just couldn't remember who was in charge at the time cause they change bosses each season it seems like. as for them finding out about castle and beckett dating i dunno if they haven't figured it out yet they will at some point and like they did with javier and Lanie place bets on who will tell 1st. but yes it makes sense that the guys give info to castle sometimes 1st before this season out of all the stuff he's been through with both them and beckett. one of my favorites is that one episode when they gave him a gun and he shot someone trying to shoot kate and she shot someone trying to shoot him at the same time!

haldrey

[12]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 22
    Not as good as the season premier but the worst of Castle is usually the best of many other shows. I missed Castle family in this one.

wildhoney66

[13]Oct 3, 2012

oh i agree it wasn't as good as the premiere but it was still a good episode. that really doesn't bother me to be honest, for me there's really no REAL bad episodes. each one has their own charm but of course there are some that aren't as good as others. i like to try to be optimistic and while it may not always work on some things in my life. on others it does at least. and when it comes to tv shows i have no problems being that either. and yes i did miss his family as well. i dunno maybe and this is my guess they want castle in his own time tell his family when he's ready?

like i said it makes for him to wait cause with their 1st night together you want them to see if it's for real or not. i dunno just a guess. by the picture the posted here for next week's episode i do hope that's a scene where he at some point tells his family at least.