Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Cops & Robbers 4x07 (Oct 31)

TesserT

[1]Oct 29, 2011
    • level: 75
    Let's discuss Monday's episode Cops & Robbers here. Enjoy!

from ABC.go.com: Martha and Castle are held hostage by bank robbers dressed in hospital scrubs; Beckett's rescue efforts are hindered by a strict hostage negotiator.

Check out the promo over at ABC.com. No way out! It's not my imagination!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrazyAsian1080

[2]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 7
    Favourite episode so far.

Pros
    - Becket on a mission is always fun to watch - Castle MacGyver'ing, McClane'ing, Storm'ing during a bank robbery was pretty awesome
    - Alexis breaks up with Ash. Everything about Alexis and Ash was awful.
    - No horrible new Captain
    - Amazing Becket Castle moments

saphire382

[3]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 5

omg.

my best episode so far

i loved the bekit castle moment

nice concept the bank robbers posed as tv doctors

Nat6386

[4]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 14
    That look on KBs face when the gun shot went off in warning and then especially when the C4 went off. OMGosh It absolutely broke my heart

Then the look they shared when she rescued him - Why couldn't she just tell him there and then, I LOVE YOU TOO!!!I bet that whole time she was thinking what happens if Castle dies and I didn't say it...

Fave episode of the season so far.

Oh and Alexis FINALLY broke up with Ash Its about time!

Nat6386

[5]Nov 1, 2011
    Also loved the line Castle gave about the lame TV doctors name, How about Dr House or Dr Shepherd... I cracked up so much especially cause I LOVE those shows!

gerryold

[7]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 2

gerryold wrote:
    the best episode so far this season. Beckett shows a lot of intensity about her feeling to Castle, thing we never saw before. Nat 6386, Beckett was not able to said I LOVE YOU TOO, if she did, he will automaticaly deduct tha she was lying to him for months..... At least, he was able to feel her a lot more when she get to thesafe to free him and to others. Very good episode.

JonathonWolf

[8]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 10
    Nat6386 wrote:
    Then the look they shared when she rescued him - Why couldn't she just tell him there and then, I LOVE YOU TOO!!!I bet that whole time she was thinking what happens if Castle dies and I didn't say it...

Don't forget, Kate asked Castle out to the Old Haunt. She might have built up the nerve to say something there after some joking banter and a few beers. Instead, Castle took her to celebrate with his family; a place that it's harder make that declaration. Still got the joking banter, though. I wonder if they really did save each other that many times apiece.

JustAnnW

[9]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 5

Best Ep Ever!

So obvious that Kate loves Castle! Glad she is shaking off the shell she put around herself after the shooting. I think that he countered the "let's get a drink" offer with coming back to his loft was a way of including her more as one of the family, so she sees she IS part of his family now.

This HAS to be the season they get together! They're ready. Dragging it out passed this season would be a mistake (cough * bones* cough).

Hope we see some more action soon!

haldrey

[10]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 22
    Every time I say that an episode was the best of the season a better one sneaks in. I thought that finally we were going to have a Kate/Castle moment but looks like it was postponed to future date.

kanniballl

[11]Nov 2, 2011
    • level: 18

A good episode, though I saw the mastermind coming from a mile away... from the moment he started trying to turn the hostages against the one guy that was calm and trying to put stuff together. Then he took a long time in the restroom, and when the seizure came it was all but certain.

As far as Castle + Becket, the "Will they / Won't they" plot lines tend to go on FOREVER. It went on for a WHILE on Chuck, I even like how they hung a lantern on it one episodes, where some mobsters were commenting on his Chuck's tale and said "I hate will they / won't they's" The problem with the scenarios is, they're a big part of the show. If you remove it and let them get together, you run the risk of messing with the show's recipe too much. So they tend to wait until the show is getting close to running its course.

The bigthing this year though, will be when Becket finds out that Castle is holding out on her about the conspiracy behind her murder. That is going to put a dark cloud on their relationship for at least a couple of episodes... perhaps the rest of the season.

joshmorrowfan

[12]Nov 2, 2011
    • level: 2
    It would be pretty hypocritical of her to be that angry since she has a secret of her own that she's keeping from Castle. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If she expects honesty, then she needs should also be honest herself.

gadorian

[13]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 6
    Great episode, but one thing that's been nagging me since I watched it was the cop who arrested Ron, why was his face completely hidden by the shadow(s)? I have a feeling we are going to see Ron turn up again in a future episode in this season. Maybe with a connection to Mrs. Beckett's murder? Ryan did say he had the connections and the wealth and that was why he managed to get out of the domestic abuse charges.

Nat6386

[14]Nov 5, 2011
    JustAnnW wrote:

Best Ep Ever!

So obvious that Kate loves Castle! Glad she is shaking off the shell she put around herself after the shooting. I think that he countered the "let's get a drink" offer with coming back to his loft was a way of including her more as one of the family, so she sees she IS part of his family now.

This HAS to be the season they get together! They're ready. Dragging it out passed this season would be a mistake (cough * bones* cough).

Hope we see some more action soon!

hahahahahah bones.....ehhhh i hated the season opener!!! it drove me mad!!! what a waste!! to everyone who is saying it wont come on to later the caskett relationship, Marlowe has said he wont wait too long, and as JustAnnW said, Bones well for me, is ruined cause the way they did it...its pretty pathetic.

I know she WOULDNT have said 'I LOVE YOU TOO' cause it would mean she was lying i just meant I WISH she had!!! it was the perfect moment!!

and to whomever said aboutthe major thing baout Castle holding off on her, I agree with the poster ^ if she wants honesty than she needs to show honesty!

BarryWeen3

[15]Nov 5, 2011

JonathonWolf wrote:
    Nat6386 wrote:
    Don't forget, Kate asked Castle out to the Old Haunt. She might have built up the nerve to say something there after some joking banter and a few beers. Instead, Castle took her to celebrate with his family; a place that it's harder make that declaration. Still got the joking banter, though. I wonder if they really did save each other that many times apiece.

I wondered the same thing after Castle did his enumeration and started listing the incidents. Was there really that many moments?

As to the episode itself. Great episode. Loved Beckett worrying about Castle. I guess this is the episode with the Alexis-Kate confrontation. Fun watching Castle get inspiration from other TV/Movie sources. I also liked when Espisito convinced Ryan to break down the apartment door because Castle was in trouble, shows they consider him one of them to do that.

But back to the whole Castle and Beckett save opportunities. Have there really been 8 on her side and 9 on his side?

Off the top of my head without doing more research...I remember

Castle: Always Buy Retail, Boom!, Knockdown

Beckett: Sucker Punch, Cops & Robbers

Can't think of any more at the moment.

Nat6386

[16]Nov 6, 2011
    i dont know episode titles by heart, but what about when they kissed to save Ryan and esposito he saved her, the bomb in new york he saved her again, when she got shot, the bomb in her house.... there probably is that many we would have to rewatch and take note!