Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: Fool Me Once 2x04 (Oct 12)

TesserT

[1]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 74
    Let's discuss Monday's episode Fool Me Once here.

from ABC.com: The mysterious circumstances surrounding an Arctic explorer's death take Castle and Beckett to the halls of the CIA; Castle believes the killer may be fooling the investigators.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Louis-Wu

[2]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 22
    Why is there a photo of the arrest of the killer on the summary page?

Roborovski

[3]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 4

Oooh, interesting lyrics in the Beckett's bathtub scene:

Speak to me read my mind

Fill your mouth with flesh and wine

and I'll be yours just give me time

EOBB

[4]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 6

I remembered seeing that picture too, but luckily it wasn't until I saw her standing next to the car when they were arresting her. Why would they do that?

It seems we were the one conned by the promo for this episode. Was I the only one that assumed Castle showed up at Beckett's apartment after, or during , her bath? Who really says "Shut the front door" in the context she used it?

I love Beckett's bathroom. It makes me want to see the rest of her house. Seriously, she hasn't even read to page 105 yet? There was already a book mark in it when she picked it up in the bathtub. She must be a really slow reader.

Great episode. I'm really loving Season 2, and all the references to the book are making it even more interesting. I can't wait for the book release party!

krussell47

[5]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    Well you can't really blame her if she is slowly reading it, because she is a cop after all and is continually busy solving cases so there never is the proper time to read a book. I agree though that her bathroom looked amazing. I am more interested in seeing her bedroom. I felt pretty conned by the episode description, because I thought they were actually going to be heading down to Langley and gracing the halls of the CIA. But that was all a tease. Season 2 is really moving along nicely and I like the fact and Beckett and Castle are once again getting along.

haldrey

[6]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 22
    This show keep getting better with every episode, I hope that the rating too. Castle is the best whodunit show in last years. Watching the show is like reading a very interesting crime novel.

Beekeroo

[7]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 1
    ...first-time poster here...
    Is it just me or did the sound mix on last night's episode sound bad? in several long-tracking outdoor and indoor scenes, the mix was so bad that the background noise was louder than the dialog between Castle and Beckett. I was watching on "Tivo" so I added the captioning so I could read the dialog. On the content itself: another great script... I did not guess the killer until Castle laid it out for us. Once again the actors that played the "red herring" suspects were terrific.

Dewbak75

[8]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 18
    one thing's for sure, all those who've been complaining that the earlier episodes this season didn't have enough sexual tension between Castle & Beckett should be feeling better now, between the stuff in this episode with Heat Wave and the promo for next week.

Yaspaa

[9]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 78
    The dynamic of the show is really starting to settle now and feel more natural than previously (not that it wasn't great before)and its nice to see Nate in a show that seems to be sticking...Woopah!

TesserT

[10]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 74
    Another good episode. I really enjoy the character dynamics on this show. Faking an artic trip was different. As usual there was a nice twist toward the end. This time the con conned the con who killed the con who continued the con who in the end got conned. The bank guy helping out was a nice surprise. Best of all, Beckett & Castle's interaction was back on track!

mimisc2009

[11]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 9
    Great episode like always.

Starprincess13

[12]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 24
    I really liked this episode. It was quite original and all the plot twists worked quite nicely. I'm also one of the people anxiously awaiting the 'Heat Wave' realease party. I can't wait to see what happens.

CjTl2005

[13]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 11
    Good episode this week. Kept me guessing. I first saw Fillion in Drive -- that Fox show that only aired about 6 episodes a couple years ago. I didn't see him again until I got a chance to watch Firefly. From there it was Dr. Horrible and now Castle. I guess that makes me a Nathan Fillion fan. I think they make his daughter out to be way to experienced. She's a good kid and everything, but I don't think a 16 (17?) year old would object to her father's concern in such a rational well-thought-out way. Really, she'd be more mad about not being able to have a cute boy in her room than she would be about her dad not trusting the situation. Her arguments would be vain attempts to mask that fact. Just common sense though. If I'm the dad, you're having the violin lesson downstairs in the living room, at the school with me just outside the practice room door, or not at all. Doesn't matter how good the kid is, you just don't go presenting that kind of situation. Call me old fashioned. I guess it would help to have the dad make the distinction that it's not that he doesn't trust her, just not the older, stronger hormone raging boy. Rationalize it all you want. But Papa Castle was right to look into the teacher's background.