Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: Head Case 4x03 (Oct 3)

TesserT

[1]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 77
    Let's discuss Monday's episode Head Case here. Enjoy!

from ABC.go.com: Castle & Beckett investigate a crime scene that involves a large pool of blood but no victim; Alexis receives news about Stanford.

Check out the promo over at ABC.com. A cool headed crime! We need to find the body!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heytiger93

[2]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 9
    I've heard... there's supposed to be a scene in this episode that's getting me all excited, well I've heard it's either this episode or 4x05. Just can't wait man.

gerryold

[3]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 2

The only good thing in yesterday episode, is the Alexis learning about life experiences whe she was refused at the University.

Life is not always easy, and decision are hard to accept, but when you do, you show signs of growing and maturing.

About Beckett and Castle, I find that realy bizarre. Very madin 1srt episode, since then life is entirely back to normal, she almost died, she lied to him, she pushed him away for months, but they are acting same as nothing ever happened.

bloggroll

[4]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 4
    gerryold wrote:

The only good thing in yesterday episode, is the Alexis learning about life experiences whe she was refused at the University.

Life is not always easy, and decision are hard to accept, but when you do, you show signs of growing and maturing.

About Beckett and Castle, I find that realy bizarre. Very madin 1srt episode, since then life is entirely back to normal, she almost died, she lied to him, she pushed him away for months, but they are acting same as nothing ever happened.

I disagree completely. I see changes in both Castle and Beckett

Castle is not gawking anymore at girls, you could notice it clearly. Beckett is much nicer and supporting of Castle. They both are in love with each other and are just trying to be supportive and good friends--Castle, because he admitted his love to Kate and "she didn't hear" and can tell she doesn't want a relationship with anyone right now; Beckett, because she knows Castle loves her and wants to show her affection in a subtle way until she can admit her feelings. I do feel that this is the make or break season for the writers. Being a huge NCIS fan, I know the NCIS writers dropped the ball with Tiva. Now I am a huge Castle fan and Caskett shipper and hope the same doesn't happen here. I don't know what show to jump to next :/

Slash_out

[5]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 5

The story, the woman and the man preserved in ice, the woman sadened by the loss of her love takes a poison pill from her ring, and is preserved in hybernation in hope of being able to heal her in the futur. This really reminds me of the book from René barjavel "La nuit des temps" (Word for word : The night of time, but translated as "The Ice people" in english). One of my favorite book. No, my favourite book without any doubt. Read it something like 10 years ago, when I was around 15. So the end had some little extra sentimental value for me.

haldrey

[6]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 22
    I have to agree with bloggroll. Now as to this week episode, compared to the first two of this season it was somewhat strange and a bit lame at the sane time, but entertaining. Now the Alexis sub plot was quite good.

gerryold

[7]Oct 5, 2011

@Bloggroll, I understand and respect your opinion about Beckett / Castle and now that you prefer to watch this show instead of others.

But for me, since season 2, Beckett tries to be nice to Castle and loves him, ( it is not a new situation in this season ) she try to show him but not completely,and the last thing she did to him about her love........ is from far the worst one. Just imagine when Castle willdiscover the truth about this lie......... she heardand remembered every thing about the shooting, Beckett is so affraid to lose her friendship, that she might loseCastlefor good.

About the episode, yes it was a calm and not exited one. The Alexis part was the best, but for Beckett, the love that the deadcouple had one to the other, let her in the " THINKING MODE " but there was no scene on that. To bad....

bloggroll

[9]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 4

gerryold wrote:

@Bloggroll, I understand and respect your opinion about Beckett / Castle and now that you prefer to watch this show instead of others.

But for me, since season 2, Beckett tries to be nice to Castle and loves him, ( it is not a new situation in this season ) she try to show him but not completely,and the last thing she did to him about her love........ is from far the worst one. Just imagine when Castle willdiscover the truth about this lie......... she heardand remembered every thing about the shooting, Beckett is so affraid to lose her friendship, that she might loseCastlefor good.

About the episode, yes it was a calm and not exited one. The Alexis part was the best, but for Beckett, the love that the deadcouple had one to the other, let her in the " THINKING MODE " but there was no scene on that. To bad....

You may be right about Beckett, but Castle has definitely changed this season. You can't deny that

Laserwolf412

[10]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 5
    I know that Castle is a guilty pleasure kind of show with its 100% confession rate and 4-5 suspects per episode, but what the hek are they doing with the new captain? Her negative reaction to absolutely everything anyone else says is comical when they don't seem to want it to be. I know they'll work on her character later but right now they need to dial it way back.

Jemadari

[11]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 12

I just not too long ago realized this episode aired,my local network show monday night football

After setting the Alexis character back 60 years last week they have once again made her interesting I can't wait to see how this shaking of her very identity as someone who has never known failure plays into the development of her character

gerryold

[12]Oct 6, 2011

Castle have change this season, yes, he remember what he said to Beckett when she was shoot. In the first episode, when Beckett try to explain him about her love life, Castle realise that he have to be smooth and kind with her after what she get through and the fact that she is not having a boyfriend ( and he loves her ) . He is like that because she told him that she do not remember anything about the shooting and after. He do not want to rush her also because of her health, she was almost dead few months ago.

Yes Castle have change, but will he change again whe he will learn about Beckett's LIESwhen she was facing him ?

erinahbing

[13]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 6

gerryold wrote:

I miss Alexis. No real "Alexis moments" in this season, in any of the episodes, but much more whining and hysteria than you would expect from her character.

joshmorrowfan

[14]Oct 9, 2011

I am a huge fan of this show, but the changes this season have been too jarring IMO. It's almost as if Castle and Beckett have switched bodies.....she's the one with the goofy grins and funny lines, while he's become much more somber and serious. I don't like it. I've come to expect so much from this show and so far, this season has been a huge disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to give it up yet, but there needs to be serious progress in the Beckett/Castle relationship and we need the show to get back to the formula that's always worked....fun and carefree, while still taking the murders seriously. I want the characters to grow, but I don't want them to change the core of who they are, which is what I feel they've done with both the lead characters this season.