Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Heroes and Villains 4x02 (Sep 26)

TesserT

[1]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 75
    Let's discuss Monday's episode Heroes and Villains here. Enjoy!

from ABC.go.com: Castle & Beckett suspect a costume-clad vigilante is responsible for the mysterious murder of an ex-con.

Check out the promo over at ABC.com. How cool was that! There it is!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heytiger93

[2]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 9
    Really hope there's an extremely delicious Caskett moment this ep following Beckett's final words of last episode. Not getting my hopes up though, it's usually mid-season where they bring out the big guns. Still, I'm so very glad we don't have to wait four months for a new ep anymore.

gerryold

[3]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 2

The way last week episode ended, when she said that she remembered everthing about the shooting and the ambulance, I hope that mean that something"major" will happen at the beginning of the season with Castle himself. Maybe in this episode, Beckett will be the "Villains" and Castle daughter "Alexis" will be the Heroes. To start that new season, Beckett isfrom far,not my best character, even if she just get out of the hospital.

CrazyAsian1080

[4]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 7

I personally like the episode. It was quirky, which I think they needed after the premier. I really hope the new captain turns out to be like Agent Jordan which seems to be the direction they are taking the character. I just really hope she doesn't turn into some by the book sticker who is actually evil and working for the super bad guy. The only thing I hated about the episode was Alexis. Her character has gotten more and more irrational and kind of flaky as the show goes on.

wildhoney66

[5]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 13

1stly she's acting like a teenager i think. we are used to see her as a perfect child, pretty much & though i have no kids i knew what Castle was trying to tell her. he was basically saying honey i want you to take the classes you want. not what your boyfriend wants to take. which actually

i have to agree with. people at any age can get irrational when it comes to love. who hasn't been there? i know i have. but she i think realized that's what he was trying to say. plus her moving in with her BF just doesn't feel like that's a good idea. who knows i may be wrong. but it just came out of nowhere. as for as the case goes, i thought it was a good one. not the best one they've had but them showing that dude

get sliced in half was freaking awesome. gross but awesome. i wonder how much they had to cut for tv? cause it was for a cop show or any show pretty gruesome for tv. but still cool eh? anyways, there were castle & beckett moments. them both loving comic books was them connencting.

small but i liked it. plus the ending had a touch of that plus a touch of humor as well. it was a great way to end a scene.

CrazyAsian1080

[6]Sep 26, 2011
    If Molly C. Quinn is staying with the show Alexis and Ash are going to break up at some point and time. I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to some post coitus story line. I know why the writers are doing what they are doing with the Character, I just don't think they are writing it well. It kind of feels like the writers are out of ideas for Alexis so they are just doing the stereotypical father/daughter plot lines. She just feels a bit off lately. Sure you can do father/daughter plot lines but make them like when Alexis grills Castle about checking up on her music teacher or when they play catch or when Alexis' friend gets drunk. Those things felt Alexis and Castle, but recently it just feels like all the Alexis stories are after thoughts.

blackmage8472

[7]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 15

Ha! Love that episode, a comic book version of Castle/Beckett in a story about superheroes... gotta love the symmetry.

Nat6386

[8]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 14
    I loved this ep, i love that they didnt just leave out caskett moments or actions esp after last ep cause they have tended to just act as though nothing happened in the past. This season is really shaping out to be a good one, but i just want beckett to find out who is responsible for her mums death so she can hook up with Castle already, poor guy he is waiting and waiting, he needs to get another girl to make beckett jealous!! only that or castle getting hurt will open her eyes!

abmas17

[9]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 6

I thought it was a good episode and on a much brighter note than last week's season premiere. I did notice a sudden maturity change in Alexis in last week's episode. There's been a slow maturity level change in her with each season but I think this season they accelerated it with her getting ready to go to college, and therefore now it feels very sudden. I'd be ok with it except I'm not sure I buy her complete change in attitude towards Castle and Beckett. She was always supportive and encouraging of their relationship (even relying on Beckett at times) until the season finale. Granted the shooting was shocking enough to make her rethink, but the writers changed her attitude extremely abruptly both towards Beckett and towards her dad. Maybe we'll get more of an insight into her character throughout the season.

As for the episode itself, I think it encompassed all the elements very well. It did have a nice touch of humor with everyone at the precinct including the captain being a bit more relaxed. It avoided the focus on but slightly touched the murder of Beckett's mom, kind of reminding us that it's still a major part of the story line but that not every episode will be about it. So overall, I thought it was a great second episode.

Jemadari

[10]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 12

Alexis was the one teenage character on tv I liked,but now they've gone and ruined her,the media would have you believe that every teenager is a selfish hormonal jerk and that just isn't true, many prioritize their futures and respect the decisions their parents make even when they don't agree with them and on the rare occasion you do get a character who is isn't a cardboard cutout of some antiquated ideal of what a teenager is eventually that character says something to the equivalent of "i'm tired of being the good girl"(almost always a girl),sure they can chalk it up to love and maybe it is but I have cared deeply for a few in my day and never felt that being in proximity to them every second of every day was my more important than achieving my goals,I mean she basically wanted to become Ashley's personal lapdog,between that and her reasoning behind it I just lost all respect for the character

As for the case I would have liked it more if they had arrested the cop and charged her "boyfriend" with obstructing justice by attempting to plead guilty he slowed do the search for the actual killer(cop shows never arrest people for obstructing justice and it does waste lots of time)

On the Castle/Becket front I don't recall any particular strides being made one way or the other(which nowadays I starting to think is a good,past few shows i've seen where that line was crossed it completely ruined the character dynamics,JAG had the right idea get them together in the final scene of the series)

Swinglabacase

[11]Sep 27, 2011

Sorry but I can't stand Penny Johnson... I don't like the actress nor the way she always plays her characters. Being hateful and bitchy is never a sign of strength, if that she wants to portrait...I can't watch that show anymore.CryYell

BarryWeen3

[12]Sep 28, 2011

Nat6386 wrote:
    I loved this ep, i love that they didnt just leave out caskett moments or actions esp after last ep cause they have tended to just act as though nothing happened in the past. This season is really shaping out to be a good one, but i just want beckett to find out who is responsible for her mums death so she can hook up with Castle already, poor guy he is waiting and waiting, he needs to get another girl to make beckett jealous!! only that or castle getting hurt will open her eyes!

Well, you will get your wish as it's somewhere around the 5th or 6th episode, I think, that the sexy insurance investigator character is suppose to show up that has instant chemistry with Castle when she arrives to help the team with a casebut supposedly is also hiding a secret.

gerryold

[16]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 2

gerryold wrote:

gerryold wrote:

gerryold wrote:

There is 2 ways to see that situation Castle /Beckett, first yes that Castle get something with another women, to get Beckett out of the comfort zone she is actually, knowing that he loves her, or secondly, that Castle get hurt somehow that he have to be hospitalise, to see if he will missed to Beckett. But definitively, something have to happen.

About Alexis, many of you saw a changing in her attitude about Beckett. Final episode of last season, she heard her father telling her that he love's her ( Beckett ). In the first episode of this season, after going to the hospital to see Beckett with the same feelings he has last year, and Castle was rejected so drasticely by the same Beckett, and remember she never called him back the following 3 months, how do you think that ALEXIS is feeling about Beckett now? She saw her father did every thing possible to help her for so long and almost save her live and declared the love he is having for her and she treated him that way........ If it happen to be my father, I will probably have the same feeling as ALEXIS do and try to help y father to be more himself ( Castle ) than to be the protector for someone who lie and take advantage of him the way Beckett do.

I think that's what in ALEXIS mind actually and explain her changing attitude through Beckett.

JustAnnW

[17]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 5
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Nat6386 wrote:

Well, you will get your wish as it's somewhere around the 5th or 6th episode, I think, that the sexy insurance investigator character is suppose to show up that has instant chemistry with Castle when she arrives to help the team with a casebut supposedly is also hiding a secret.

No more love triangles! We finally got rid of Josh! If Castle gets another girlfriend, it will lessen his devotion to Kate. If Kate gets another boyfriend, well she already said she wants time right now to be alone. I think Kate is trying to decide if she actually loves Castle. She knows he's in love with her! As much as I want to see a kiss or even a serious look ASAP, I read that there won't be any change in the relationship until midseason.

BarryWeen3

[18]Sep 28, 2011

JustAnnW wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Nat6386 wrote:

No more love triangles! We finally got rid of Josh! If Castle gets another girlfriend, it will lessen his devotion to Kate. If Kate gets another boyfriend, well she already said she wants time right now to be alone. I think Kate is trying to decide if she actually loves Castle. She knows he's in love with her! As much as I want to see a kiss or even a serious look ASAP, I read that there won't be any change in the relationship until midseason.

I don't know if the character will be a "girlfriend" per se as what I read made her, at least initially, just someone that has instant sparks/chemistry with Castle right off the bat. Could just be a flirt fest.

heytiger93

[19]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 9
    LMFAO, I've spent this week off from uni talking to all my online friends about how I think the new seasons of my favourite T.V shows are going to unfold. Screw clubbing when you've got fictional character development! Just loved Beckett's reaction when the couple "just like them" were kissing in the elevator/lift. Last season she would have made some awkward face and probably would have been the one to walk off first but she was loving it! I know some people aren't so happy with the progress so far but I think it's safe to assume come mid-season we'll be hit with what we've been waiting for. I was kinda skeptical last season regarding whether or not we were ever going to get anywhere but then came the "I love you Kate", Beckett breaking up with Josh and Beckett remembering Castle's confession. That's definite progress, especially when compared to other shows in the wake of their fourth season. So I'm hopeful. In regard to (I think it's episode 4x05 "Eye of the beholder" or something like that) the insurance investigator who shows up and hits it off with Castle; it's most likely just going to be as Matt said: " a flirt fest." I assume the character is featuring to have more of an impact on Beckett than Castle. If anything we could see Beckett development paranoia over the whole thing and suspect more than what's really going on between the two of them. All in all bring of season 4!