Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Knockdown 3x13 (Jan 24)

JonathonWolf

[21]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 10
    It was interesting. I don't want to give away the context. Castle kisses Beckett, and she kind of looks surprised before she starts passionately kissing him. Castle says "That was amazing," but it's left somewhat ambiguous as to if he's talking about the kiss or what she used the kiss to accomplish. And that's pretty much it. There's a tender scene in the back of an ambulance at the end, but we'll have to see how it plays out in future episodes. Perhaps one of the most telling things is the scene about two-thirds in when Beckett calls him Rick. Shows just how much she's grown fond of him, and how emotionally connected with him she feels at that moment, that she didn't put up that distancing.

I need to rewatch the scene when Martha gets him to admit to why he's still going to the precinct every day. I didn't quite get if he was saying because of his feelings for Beckett or because he feels a sense of accomplishment from solving crimes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heytiger93

[22]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 9
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

heytiger93 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:
    Nagowteena wrote:

This was an awesome episode. I think I'm gonna watch it again!Smile

What happened after the kissed, and the ending and everything? I love in Australia, so I can't watch it for a while. Love to know what happened.
    "I live in Australia" I mean. Sorry

What, you can love in Australia, nothing wrong with that.

Haha trust me, I do that too, us aussies are all about the love, especially this particular aussie chick. we especially love our yanks and their fantastic television programs.

heytiger93

[23]Jan 24, 2011
    JonathonWolf wrote:
    It was interesting. I don't want to give away the context. Castle kisses Beckett, and she kind of looks surprised before she starts passionately kissing him. Castle says "That was amazing," but it's left somewhat ambiguous as to if he's talking about the kiss or what she used the kiss to accomplish. And that's pretty much it. There's a tender scene in the back of an ambulance at the end, but we'll have to see how it plays out in future episodes. Perhaps one of the most telling things is the scene about two-thirds in when Beckett calls him Rick. Shows just how much she's grown fond of him, and how emotionally connected with him she feels at that moment, that she didn't put up that distancing.

I need to rewatch the scene when Martha gets him to admit to why he's still going to the precinct every day. I didn't quite get if he was saying because of his feelings for Beckett or because he feels a sense of accomplishment from solving crimes.

Thanks so much for that I'm looking even more forward to that ep now. You let me in on the perfect amount of info, much appreciated.

Nagowteena

[24]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 13

heytiger93 wrote:
    Nagowteena wrote:

This was an awesome episode. I think I'm gonna watch it again!Smile

What happened after the kissed, and the ending and everything? I love in Australia, so I can't watch it for a while. Love to know what happened.

Well JonathonWolf pretty much described it all. But remember, it's always better to watch then to read about it.The wait will be well worth it.Wink

harm711

[25]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 2

Just watched it on the train to work. If anyones wondering, I live in germany.

I have to say that overall i really liked the episode. Off course the kiss wasn't quite what we were hoping for, but that wasn't that much of a surprise. Still think it pushed the castle/beckett relationship forward. Only thing i missed in this ep was Alexis. I always like the scenes with her and castle. All in all great episode and its just the middle of the season.

I hope all that was halfway understandable. As i said, i'm german, have mercy.

Cheers

BarryWeen3

[26]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 14

Just watched my TiVo. Yeah, so the situation wasn't exactly what you would expect, but those kisses were real. You get the idea that they both felt something, but of course, the both of them are going to brush it off and make fun, etc.

As for Castle's discussion with Martha, he might have meant both but I'm leaning more towards his feelings for Beckett. I also think his "That was amazing" line was about the kiss but he laughed it off because he wasn't sure how Beckett would react. I think they're both in that boat.

He's not sure how she's going to react if he tells her how he really feels plus he's aware that Dr. "Saving the world" Josh is still in the picture. Beckett isn't sure what her feelings for Castle are, she did call him Rick and she was going to ask him at the end of the second season finale. But he was with Gina and she's still with Josh now. She already broke up with one boyfriend after Esposito's conversation with her to take a chance on Castle. She's probably going to be slower to react now as who wants to be burned a second time.

But still, very good episode, the case was very tense and riveting, and we now have yet more puzzle pieces in Johanna Beckett's murder. Figured this probably woudn't be the end of it. Also great was Beckett's threat to Lockwood at the end there in prision. She has a pretty good vindictive streak...

Supposedly, Dr. Josh will be back in time for February sweeps to stir the pot in the Beckett-Castle relationship. Plus I'm gonna assume also that the 3XK killer will return for February sweeps. Didn't they say that the 3XK killer was like a multi-episode arc of at least three episodes? I remember something along those lines. Perhaps the conclusion of the 3XK killer will be for May sweeps and maybe May sweeps will see either the resolvement or advancement of Beckett's mother's murder.

BarryWeen3

[28]Jan 25, 2011

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

Firstly,

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

Nextly,

lol I'm sooo happy atm. That episode was fantastic! There were so many Caskett moments, I was overloading on the sweet sweet gloriousness. Like in the first two minutes she's at his door. And NF's looking all sexyfine in his casual clothes. And then it's;

He's someone I trust.

Just kill me right here to stop the flailing.

Oh, and he wouldn't leave her! *dies* Castle was so adorably protective the entire episode, without losing any of his usual Castle adorableness;

Here's my plan: I sneak back into the station, wearing a hat. Montgomery always takes a coffee break 15 minutes after the hour. I get your mother's file, wearing soft shoes.

LOLOMGFTB. Hilarious.

And then like straight after, we get a Hampton's reference.

AND THEN, in her apartment. Again. (have I mentioned how much I want to make romance with her apartment?) Castle tells her that he is her partner. *swooooooooooooooooooon*

This episode is just SO full of perfect Caskett moments there are tooo many to list. How do I even start on the last 5 minutes?!

For me, in my head, it basically went like this: "OMG HE'S GOING TO KISS HER --- *flatlines*"

Get the paddles!!

Charge to 300!!

Clear!!

Bwhoomp!!

Beep....Beep.....Beep......Beep......

We have systole, she's back...

I bet you're thinking the same thing I'm thinking...for all of us who watch both Castle and Bones and are waiting and waiting and waiting for HH to do what he promises, the payoff in Bones better be as good or better, right?

mksystem74

[29]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 11

Great episode. Great acting. Great writing. Great directing. Great pacing.... Greatness all around. This is really becoming my favorite show on tv, its right behind Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. but those are comedies, so yeah this is my favorite drama on tv right now. It was a near perfect episode, loved every second.

heytiger93

[31]Jan 25, 2011
    wow, saw this ep, loved it. As each episode passes i feel castle is proving itself to be just as entertaining, smart, charming and unique as the rest of the drama/comedy/mystery shows airing on television today. I'm obviously saying that this show gives bones a run for its money. The subtext is brilliant, chemistry is perfectly balanced between mutual trust/love and mutual understanding/acceptance and general mutual annoyance. They may slightly address the "kiss" in later episodes (which was friggin awesome too btw) but i read that this kiss scene they had was a little treat for the audience and will have to satisfy many viewers for a while because a caskett hook-up soon is unlikely, the writers/creators whoever they were said they won't be falling victim to the moonlighting curse (damn cybill shepard and bruce willis have ruined tv forever lol) so with that being said, i'm guessing an official pairing of these two won't happen until a few seasons passed. Great episode though, wonderful acting in the end there by Stana Katic, think i have girl crush lol. - heytiger outtttahhhh....

calamari38

[32]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 10

heytiger93 wrote:
    wonderful acting in the end there by Stana Katic, think i have girl crush lol

Me too man... Me too...Smile

niekthamasta

[34]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 7

Absolutely LOVED the torture scene joke from Esposito, obviously the kiss and the ending was very dark of Beckett. I liked it. Great scene aswell between Castle and his mother, great acting from the mother. Can't wait for the episodes with Adrian Pasdar

frontman19

[35]Jan 25, 2011

What a brilliant episode, all parts. I know people are focusing on the kiss, so I will too and I will say it was a brilliant tactical play, I swear I smiled so big when Beckett suddenly turned around and knocked out the door guard. Incredible, and the way Esposito and Ryan handled the hostage situation was great too. Overall one of the best episodes of the season and it did its job, opening the door for the conclusion next season (or later this season)

BarryWeen3

[36]Jan 25, 2011

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

MuteTroubadouR wrote:

Firstly,

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

Nextly,

lol I'm sooo happy atm. That episode was fantastic! There were so many Caskett moments, I was overloading on the sweet sweet gloriousness. Like in the first two minutes she's at his door. And NF's looking all sexyfine in his casual clothes. And then it's;

He's someone I trust.

Just kill me right here to stop the flailing.

Oh, and he wouldn't leave her! *dies* Castle was so adorably protective the entire episode, without losing any of his usual Castle adorableness;

Here's my plan: I sneak back into the station, wearing a hat. Montgomery always takes a coffee break 15 minutes after the hour. I get your mother's file, wearing soft shoes.

LOLOMGFTB. Hilarious.

And then like straight after, we get a Hampton's reference.

AND THEN, in her apartment. Again. (have I mentioned how much I want to make romance with her apartment?) Castle tells her that he is her partner. *swooooooooooooooooooon*

This episode is just SO full of perfect Caskett moments there are tooo many to list. How do I even start on the last 5 minutes?!

For me, in my head, it basically went like this: "OMG HE'S GOING TO KISS HER --- *flatlines*"

Get the paddles!!

Charge to 300!!

Clear!!

Bwhoomp!!

Beep....Beep.....Beep......Beep......

We have systole, she's back...

I bet you're thinking the same thing I'm thinking...for all of us who watch both Castle and Bones and are waiting and waiting and waiting for HH to do what he promises, the payoff in Bones better be as good or better, right?

They're are just so fluffy, Beenie. And then when Beckett so delicately re-wraps his hand, ugh *SQUISHES*

In terms of our Castle/Bones predicament. I feel like HH tried to sell us more than he's going to be able to deliver, atm. When all of this 'unless first a dream' stuff is going on in Bones, there is an honesty and modesty to Castle that I'm drawn to. Idek. What do you think?

I think we're more annoyed with Bones progression is because HH has cried wolf one too many times for us to believe him when he says "everything happens for a reason", "it'll all work out", "it'll be worth it in end", "blah, blah, blah, blah"...

As for Castle, both Beckett and Castle now have been forced to face their feelings, Beckett last season by Esposito and Castle this season by his mother. They both realize they're more than what they started as, partners at the least, possibly more. Knowing how guarded Beckett is and how much Castle tends to hide behind his humor, I not expecting this to progress that fast. But they've acknowledge to each other at least there's something there. There still is the matter of Dr. Josh who apparently is going to finally make an appearance in time for February sweeps. This will be like his second appearance? He'll tie the number of Gina appearances then when Gina was with Castle. Like I said before, Gina and Josh are very absentee signficant others, and of course, Gina is now out of the picture, but it's not like either have really been in the picture much. You'd forget they were there if either Castle or Beckett didn't mention them in passing in their conversations.

Phoebe22

[37]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 3

I just watched it after downloading it right after coming home from work. A really awesome episode though we still do not know who hired the killer. For me it was one of the best episodes of Castle. I think i will watch the episode again right away. Just a question weren´t there pics of Beckett´s dad in the promos pics? Thought he will appear again. Maybein another episode.

Was this the Alexander will save your life episode? Or is there more to come?

bloggroll

[38]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 4

I defintely think this was the best episode of the season and it was perfect! However, this episode also brought up a few things..and these are my thoughts.

Its clear that Castle is only there for Beckett (to help her with her mothers case, and for the chance at that relationship). I think that once Beckett's mothers killer story is done, Castle and Beckett should become a couple. I think streching Castle's stay in the NYPD after that makes no sense...and then there is no premise for the show. So i think the show should wrap up everything by the end of next season and call it a series. I am not saying this becuase I dont like the show, but becuase this show is soo good, and if it is streched, it will ruin the quality. I think the finale should have Castle joining the Police Academy so he can become an official detective and retire as an Author. After 3 Nikki Heat books.

idlescribe

[39]Jan 25, 2011
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:
    [...]
    They're are just so fluffy, Beenie. And then when Beckett so delicately re-wraps his hand, ugh *SQUISHES*

In terms of our Castle/Bones predicament. I feel like HH tried to sell us more than he's going to be able to deliver, atm. When all of this 'unless first a dream' stuff is going on in Bones, there is an honesty and modesty to Castle that I'm drawn to.
    [...]

Precisely my thought on both shows at the moment. And said more eloquently than I would have. Emphasis on "honesty and modesty"...

idlescribe

[40]Jan 25, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    [...] They both realize they're more than what they started as, partners at the least, possibly more. Knowing how guarded Beckett is and how much Castle tends to hide behind his humor, I not expecting this to progress that fast.
    [...]

Not so sure.
    I remember that somewhere in the middle of the first season (which was a short one) Beckett could already get to Castle's apartment in the morning and comfortably talk to his mother and Alexis over breakfast.
    It was refreshing to see our easily she was included. She's been interacting repeatedly with his family and it's never felt "forced". Even when she was slightly embarrassed to be found (by the mother?) making breakfast, it felt "real" to use her word from the episode with Castle's first love.
    So they might not be married by the end of the season, but I think (foolishly perhaps) that the shows' "honesty and modesty" may surprise us (Thanks MuteTroubadouR).