Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: Knockout 3x24 (May 16)

pscf3

[81]May 21, 2011
    • level: 16
    Both were episode 13 of their respective seasons

yen35 wrote:

Now that I've finished watching all the finales of the shows I watch, I could easily say that the Castle finale topped them all! It was really splendidly done and I agree with posters who say there were several touching and wonderful moments without making it look too soap opera like or going over the top and I have heard ardent fans of other shows say that the Castle finale topped the finale of their favorite shows this year! Thank you to whoever posted the tv guide article to Castle postmortem. Its a pity that he's going to make us wait till midseason to see a resolution but so long as a resolution is giving I'll be happy. I heard that on Bones, the creators are making that couple get together so maybe they are waiting to see if that works! I sincerely do hope that Beckett doesn't wake up with Amnesia. I've seen that storyline already and don't want it repeated here.

------

Could someone please give me the episode number of season 2 where Beckett shoots that guy who has info on her mother's death at the police station and the episode in season 3 where Ryan and Esposito are taken captive by this guy who shot the captain in the last episode. I want to watch all 3 again.

--

And if anyone has any links to interviews with Stana/the whole cast, I would love to have the links please. I know this is the episode discussion thread for knockout and probably not the place to ask but I am not very internet savvy so I don't know where to go looking! Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[82]May 21, 2011
    • level: 14

pscf3 wrote:
    Both were episode 13 of their respective seasons
    yen35 wrote:

Could someone please give me the episode number of season 2 where Beckett shoots that guy who has info on her mother's death at the police station and the episode in season 3 where Ryan and Esposito are taken captive by this guy who shot the captain in the last episode. I want to watch all 3 again.

And just to flesh out pscf3's answer a bit. They were Sucker Punch in Season 2 and Knockdown in Season 3.

giggs92

[83]May 21, 2011
    • level: 4

This was a terrific finale and this show just keeps getting better and better. Notbad for 2 Canucks eh? I wonder if when Beckett comes round in hospital she will not remember what happened so does not remember that Castle told her he loved her. So they will be back to square one in the relationship? I wonder if the mayor is the head villain although I don't remember ever seeing him much in the shows. Anyway looking forward to September and also to the House finale on Monday. There's a series where the relationship between the couple didn't pan out at all!!

By the way does anyone else think that Nathan Fillion has put on a bit of weight?

heytiger93

[84]May 21, 2011
    • level: 9
    yen35 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:

This doesn't reveal any full blown spoilers for season 4, but it does give hints as to what to expect. I don't think it gives too much away myself but if you are the kind of person that isn't interested in any details what so ever as to what will be happening next season then I'd advise you not to read it.

Thanks a lot for posting this article. I really enjoyed reading it.
    I am not too thrilled that there's gonna be too many politics in the work place. One of the reasons I loved about the show is that all of them got on really well at work.

You're very welcome. Always like to share these articles with my fellow Castle fanatics.

And to answer your question about interviews, just search on YouTube for Stana Katic interviews, interviews with any other member of the cast and/or Castle cast interviews. There are a lot of results for Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion interviews, mostly quite old ones from around the time of season 1 & 2 but all very enjoyable. I'm pretty sure I've seen them all lol. Also on YouTube are videos of the cast at ComicCon 2010, I found that rather entertaining .

yen35

[85]May 22, 2011
    • level: 2

Thanks PscF3 and BarryWeen for the episode titles and to heytiger to telling me where to find the cast interviews. If you have any more paper articles with interviews, please do post!

BarryWeen3

[86]May 22, 2011

giggs92 wrote:

This was a terrific finale and this show just keeps getting better and better. Notbad for 2 Canucks eh? I wonder if when Beckett comes round in hospital she will not remember what happened so does not remember that Castle told her he loved her. So they will be back to square one in the relationship? I wonder if the mayor is the head villain although I don't remember ever seeing him much in the shows. Anyway looking forward to September and also to the House finale on Monday. There's a series where the relationship between the couple didn't pan out at all!!

By the way does anyone else think that Nathan Fillion has put on a bit of weight?

I really hope they don't use amnesia. The mayor hasn't appeared very often, true, but for a villain working through a lot of intermediaries, you don't really expect him to be constantly there and/or appear obviously as a villain.

House should be interesting considering the actress (whose name I can't remember at the moment ) playing Cuddy decided not to renew her contract for next season. And the implications of what happens in the preview for the finale...interesting. More than likely next season will be the last of House, at least that's how Hugh Laurie feels.

SheWhoTangles

[87]May 22, 2011
    • level: 7

I finally feel like I can function again.

The finale was amazing, spellbinding, shocking, totally rocking. Lots of surprises from our duo (and every place and every one inbetween). Beckett finally started losing control of what was happening and of herself. She was completely on edge at her place, even her body showed her fear (something we aren't used to seeing) despite her words. Castle finally showed his cards, including his confusion over their relationship complete with examples of why touching on every non-discussed heartstopping moment between the two of them. Castle showed a new level of depth in his character with an amazing edge. I hope they continue to give him opportunities to show his passionate, unquiet, not-a-goofball side to Beckett as they work through everything that has happened.

Castle is going to have mounds of guilt to deal with on so many levels, including not being able to save Kate from being mortally shot.

I'm hoping that a showdown between them (Josh and Castle) is in the season 4 startup, as motorcycle boy doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I'm wishing very hard that Josh rushed from the mourners area to hear Castle's confession, was able to do whatever was necessary graveside until helped arrived to get Kate to the hospital where maybe he can finish the job of saving her. The boys can battle it out for a few episodes once Kate is safe. I can envision a fight between the guys where Josh tells Castle it's all his fault, and Castle taking it to heart. Hoping that Jim will be involved in helping Castle deal with it all.

Montgomery's part was heartbreaking but fantastic.The entire hanger scene still has me spinning!

Jim Beckett's visit, AWEsome! I hope he is a regular part of next season. Can see him and Castle getting to be great friends. I loved every second of Castle's face when they talked, how Rick laughed when hearing Jim talk about Kate's battle with the nightlight. Endearing, wonderful, sweet.

Esposito and Ryan had me crying when they fought. Martha's talk to a crumbling Castle... aww, I love this series! Will miss Montgomery horribly. Not sleeping, of course, until September thinking about it all...

Edited on 05/22/2011 1:40pm

pscf3

[88]May 22, 2011
    What Josh at the funeral? Cause that'd be a pretty good twist.

BarryWeen3

[89]May 25, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    What Josh at the funeral? Cause that'd be a pretty good twist.

That would be interesting. Couldn't tell. According to the latest issue of TV Guide Magazine, even though Josh is going to be back next year, he won't be an impediment going forward. Of course, the rest of what Andrew Marlowe says in the issue is again vague on how the Beckett-Castle relationship goes forward in light of Castle's declaration...

yen35

[90]May 28, 2011
    Ive always liked Castle and watched all the episodes but it was only after watching the season 3 finale that I got well and truly hooked and went out and bought the season 2 dvds and also started watching interviews with the cast on you tube. I have 2 questions. I know this is the discussion thread for the finale and the questions are not really about the finale but I don't know where else to ask them.

1. Do we know roughly how old the characters Castle and Beckett are?
    2. Is Beckett senior to Ryan and Esposito? I don't mean in age but in rank because in some episodes she tells them what to do. Or are they just a team, all the same level in the department?
    --------
    Regarding the article (Andrew Marlowe) in the tv guide magazine, I hope they don't do the push-pull thing for too long. There is a limit to how much they can pull the story after Castle's declaration.

pscf3

[91]May 28, 2011
    I think Beckett is 29-31 and castle is 39-41. Not completely sure, though.

Also, Beckett is Ryan and Espititos boss.

yen35

[92]May 29, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    I think Beckett is 29-31 and castle is 39-41. Not completely sure, though. Also, Beckett is Ryan and Espititos boss.

OK, thanks. I watched 'sucker punch' again yesterday and in that, the drug lord guy says that he saw Beckett last when she was about 16 and that was 19 years ago. But I figured she can't be 35 because that doesn't fit in with the storyline that she decided to become a cop only after her mom was murdered.

heytiger93

[93]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 9
    Is it September yet?

GreenChristmas

[94]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 4
    Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't remember. Or if they say she's dead and have a funeral to get the baddies to think she's dead, so they back off. It would be especially interesting if the 3 boys didn't know she was still alive.

I had a dream about this episode, and after the "I love you" declaration, later in another scene, Kate was annoyed at Castle, saying, "I just spent 15 minutes re-arranging my life so I can date you, and..." and that's where my dream ended. I told my husband, and he said, "15 minutes?! Wow, that's commitment!"

Laserwolf412

[95]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 5

I enjoy watching Castle but I would classify it as a "guilty pleasure" because of how formulaic the episodes are. The finale was alright, but I am surprised that no one else seems to be bothered by the hangar scene. You can't take a show where characters risk their lives and face death every episode and then have them leave one of their own to be gunned down. It was out of character for Castle to do it, and it was certainly out of character for Beckett. Despite the kicking and screaming she went rather willingly, and apparently wasn't upset at Castle afterward.

Even if the danger was real, a police officer leaving her Captain, mentor, and friend to be executed was a cowardly act and weakens her character. If you really think about this scene, it was a good example of weak writing that does more far more damage to the characters and show than this type of stuff(used far too often in most TV) normally does.

Edited on 06/09/2011 4:30pm

Nordan123

[96]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 6

Laserwolf412 wrote:
    Even if the danger was real, a police officer leaving her Captain, mentor, and friend to be executed was a cowardly act and weakens her character. If you really think about this scene, it was a good example of weak writing

I have to agree with you,and why bring Beckett and Castle to the hangar in the first place when obviously they weren't needed?

Thank God the bad boys had the decency to wait until the captain could explain himself to Beckett before moving in!

The worst part however was "the sniper",about 100 yards away,place loaded with cops and absolutely no escape route and still I'm feeling he probably got away with it for now.

I love the series but this seemed rushed.

misty1705

[97]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 10

just a thought with Beckett what if they used the shooting to put her into the witness protection or pretend that she has passed away so she could track down her mothers killers under the radar with her killers thinking she is dead

batman3456

[98]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 1
    I enjoyed the season finale. Some nitpicks:
    1. I wanted Lockwood to live because he was a great villain. 2. I wanted Castle to take the hit for Kate.

Overall the season, I wanted more. Like, who and why was Kate's mother murdered? Who is Castle's father? How did EspLanie happen? In addition, Gina/Josh never really went anywhere and barely any screen time. I think they should have just said how they felt about each other and the end of season 2 instead of putting an off screen based romance. S3E17 I expected them to reveal their true feelings when the nuke was about to go off. Their about to die and no last words!?