Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: Law & Murder 3x19 (Mar 28 )

TesserT

[1]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 78
    Let's discuss Monday's episode Law & Murder here. Enjoy!

from ABC.go.com: A juror suddenly dies during a high-profile trial involving a murdered socialite.

Check out the promo over at ABC.com. You call this justice?! Cyanide! That's fantastic!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heytiger93

[2]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 9

Yes! Omg I'm so excited

Photobucket

sherv22

[3]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 14

Castle, you sly dog, you. Cool

SheWhoTangles

[4]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 7

He played the movies so well! So good to see the two of them spend time together outside of work doing something non-work related. Movies, dark place, popcorn to share... Beckett was so happy to be able to bring him to see something she liked! They have even more in common then they realized. Anyone wonder if Josh will be as thrilled as we are?

BarryWeen3

[5]Mar 28, 2011

SheWhoTangles wrote:

He played the movies so well! So good to see the two of them spend time together outside of work doing something non-work related. Movies, dark place, popcorn to share... Beckett was so happy to be able to bring him to see something she liked! They have even more in common then they realized. Anyone wonder if Josh will be as thrilled as we are?

I'm going to go with the obvious answer of NO!

BarryWeen3

[7]Mar 29, 2011

As others have said, smooth move Castle getting Beckett to do the inviting. I also agree with Beckett over Castle's snooping of his daughter, way overboard, very Orwellian. Of course it did lead to a Castle and Beckett conversation where Castle asks Beckett for her advice, as I'm sure Castle sees Beckett as a mother figure for Alexis.

The case was actually pretty interesting. There at the end, for a few seconds I had no idea that was the brother of the victim they were interrogating. In my mind, I was going "Who's that??", then it registered who he was. Captain Montgomery gave his friend a chance to make things right because he still believed in his friend, but the D.A. had changed, and changed enough not to realize that trying to bribe Captain Montgomery was a very stupid, stupid idea.

I also liked Castle's double-take when he walked to the murder board with the cups of coffee and saw that Beckett had agreed with his conspiracy theory.

So five more episodes to go, we've got the pizza oven victim next week, then the Castle protege episode, then the Castle and Beckett in LA plus hotel room episode after that, and then don't we have a 2-part season finale taking up the final two episodes?

Nagowteena

[8]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 13
    All I could think of at the end of this ep was, "Smooth move castle" .

heytiger93

[9]Mar 29, 2011
    sherv22 wrote:

Castle, you sly dog, you. Cool

Haha, second that . The look on his face as the elevator was closing just said it all. Enjoyable ep. Liked it when Becks and Castle were having a battle of the theories and Beckett very adolescently said, "well atleast me theory isn't contrived or convoluted." - or something like that lol. The morgue scenes were fun, glad to see more of those back. In terms of character appearance this ep was really fair in that there were some enjoyable esposito & ryan moments, as well as lanie and martha moment/s but also an alexis story arc as well as a montgomery story arc so twas nice to see that even out well. Just can't bloody wait for that LA ep, I know we have the pizza oven ep then the protege ep before then (which matt mentioned ), which should both be good, and I'm expecting the season finale to be EEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCC but still the LA ep has my fangirly sense tingling.

niekthamasta

[10]Mar 29, 2011

Does anyone know the name of the song played in the end , when Castle and Beckett enter the elevator?

MrsFlanigan

[12]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 5

Just watched it through a second time and allI can think is well played Mr Castle, well played. Totally loved that little sexy smirk at the end and oh, just imagine all the possibilities of their little 'date'.

As usual can't wait till next episode

RoverGuy

[13]Mar 29, 2011

Very good episode. I loved the little smirks and looks Castle gave throughout, and the way he let Beckett go on about Forbidden Planet. The whole this sounds like a John Grisham novel was funny.

My only problem was with Rory Gilmore, oops, I meant Alexis. Ok, she is a goody two-shoes, we know that. When she snuck out, I was thinking, great she is going to be more like a typical teenager in high school in New York City. But no, we get the perfect Stepford daughter. Time to let Molly Quinn show more range/emotion/whatever in her portrayal of Alexis.

Happy_S-J

[14]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 3

niekthamasta wrote:

Does anyone know the name of the song played in the end , when Castle and Beckett enter the elevator?

'I Hope This Gets To You' by The Daylights

And I love how smooth Castle was at the endWink

TylerA46

[15]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 11

Downloaded and watched Forbidden Planet today, pretty good movie. Usually it's hard to enjoy movies from the 50s. Was strange to see Nielsen without his white hair and jokes.

haldrey

[16]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 22
    Good episode, as always. Finally going out together on sort of a date.

SheWhoTangles

[17]Mar 29, 2011

I'm already hoping for a Forbidden Planet movie reference to be made between Caskett the next time Josh is around or in front of Ryan and Esposito. I don't know where we are in the episode countdown with him (I am hoping his picture on Beckett's phone counts as one). I'm expecting some real fireworks to kick in also in these last 5 episodes. Another huge change in Caskett, hanging out after work hours together very comfortable with each other's company for non-work related fun.

I also loved that during the whole issue with Alexis that Beckett gave advice when asked, watched what happened between them, and didn't try to interfere in any way. She was annoyed at Castle but knew that father/daughter would work it out. She really does enjoy seeing him as a father, and she seems to really respect his role as a loving, caring father. I thought that was something Gina seemed to be competitive over with Castle. Castle really views his relationship with Alexis as something precious and Beckett understands this, where Gina just didn't get it.

heytiger93

[18]Mar 29, 2011

SheWhoTangles wrote:

I'm already hoping for a Forbidden Planet movie reference to be made between Caskett the next time Josh is around or in front of Ryan and Esposito. I don't know where we are in the episode countdown with him (I am hoping his picture on Beckett's phone counts as one). I'm expecting some real fireworks to kick in also in these last 5 episodes. Another huge change in Caskett, hanging out after work hours together very comfortable with each other's company for non-work related fun.

I also loved that during the whole issue with Alexis that Beckett gave advice when asked, watched what happened between them, and didn't try to interfere in any way. She was annoyed at Castle but knew that father/daughter would work it out. She really does enjoy seeing him as a father, and she seems to really respect his role as a loving, caring father. I thought that was something Gina seemed to be competitive over with Castle. Castle really views his relationship with Alexis as something precious and Beckett understands this, where Gina just didn't get it.

Totttttaaalllly agree with you. But still, they have a habit on this show of failing to reference "epic caskett moments" from previous episodes. Like when castle and Beckett had that "non-date" at remy's when they were linking arms when walking towards the elevator together, wasn't ever mentioned again, or when they went to the comfort food truck togeths, that wasn't ever brought up either sooo... It's a lot to hope for but maybe.I have a feeling there might be a lot of referencing the LA ep in the eps after that, just cause Andrew Marlowe has said we'll see the two of them of them closer than ever in that ep and there is also the
    ***SPOILER***

Nat6386

[19]Mar 30, 2011

OKay so was crazy busy yesterday but just watched it!!! AMAZING AS USUAL!!!!! as all of you have said, VERY SMOOTH Mr. Castle! the way he twisted it around so she asked him, cause if he did it would have sounded like a date, but she was just too excited to see the movie and she even made him cancel anything he was supposedly going to do!! I mean seriously, these two need to be a couple!! hey are so awesome together!

And as some of you have also said, loved watching the castle-alexis moment and Beckett watching him the way she does, she really does love his fatherly side!

Im glad the Captain stayed true to himself, and for a while there I actually thought the DA was the guy in charge of Joanna Becketts murder, but the fact that he was brought down at the end of this ep, i didnt think he would be the guy they are all afraid of...speaking of Joanna Beckett, we never see or hear about her going to the jail every week talking to the pro to see who hired him AND we havent heard any mention of the fundraiser for her mums scholarship that castle set up!!!

BUT another fantastic Caskett episode!