Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Overkill 2x23 (May 10)

TesserT

[1]May 6, 2010
    • level: 76
    Let's discuss Monday's episode Overkill here.

from ABC Press release: A robbery-homicide prompts Beckett to invite Demming to assist on a case; the investigation becomes a competition for Beckett's attention.

Check out the promo over at ABC.com. It's a competition!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Auriken

[2]May 10, 2010
    • level: 9

Gotta feel sorry for Castle but also feel happy for Kate. She's having fun with a guy who treats her right. But Castle feels like he is losing her. That might seem a little selfish, considering how much action he's had with the ladies over the last two seasons, but he actually cares about Kate. It'd be a lot easier to hate Demming if he wasn't a nice guy.

BarryWeen3

[3]May 11, 2010
    • level: 14
    But if you saw the preview for next week's season finale, something changes when Esposito talks to Beckett about Castle.

David8601

[4]May 11, 2010
    • level: 3
    Greetz to all,
    Yeah never been a huge fan of love triangles but I gotta wonder whats in Beckett's mind to invite the guy to join the team for this case I mean they've had murder / robberies and until now we've never seen a robbery detective. Obviously there's an attraction between Castle/Beckett, but Beckett invites her latest love interest to the team! I mean cmon Beckett must have known this would set the cat amongst the pigeons, right? I'd be interested to find out what the heck she was thinking. That's kinda like rubbing Castles face in it, give castle his due, admittedly he's had several one night stands (to put it mildly) but he never bought it into the station to the degree Beckett has. What were they thinking?? Sheesh
    I hate love triangles.

Pet_Petra

[5]May 11, 2010
    • level: 17

Auriken wrote:

It'd be a lot easier to hate Demming if he wasn't a nice guy.

Actually, I don't think he's a nice guy, I kinda can't stand him. But then again I am rooting for Castle/Beckett. Smile

LikeItOrNot1958

[6]May 11, 2010
    • level: 1

anyone knows the title of the song at the end of the ep?

kraylith

[7]May 11, 2010
    • level: 10
    Hate to admit it but can't blame Beckett for not being 'faithful' to Castle. He himself had a couple relationships, one-night-stands etc. over the course of the show already, she had none, so it's her turn I guess.
    Let's just hope it's nothing long-term, sooner or later she HAS to end up with Castle, even if it's in the last episode.

Morspeed

[8]May 11, 2010

Pet_Petra wrote:

Auriken wrote:

It'd be a lot easier to hate Demming if he wasn't a nice guy.

Actually, I don't think he's a nice guy, I kinda can't stand him. But then again I am rooting for Castle/Beckett. Smile

Well Demming asked Castle if there was anything going on between him and Beckett and he said no. So Castle dug his own grave on that one. I'm surprised Demming hasn't called Castle on it. I thought that was going to happen at the end of the episode. But I like the way Castle is handling it. He's not just sitting by and watching it happen without putting up a fight *cough* Booth *cough*. Next weeks episode should be a good one, too bad it is the season finale.

addy91

[9]May 11, 2010
    • level: 2

LikeItOrNot1958 wrote:

anyone knows the title of the song at the end of the ep?

lifehouse - crash and burn.

Aww poor Castle. I loved how he added 'Schlemming' character to his new book, and I really can't wait for the next episode.. basing on the promo seems like something big's gonna happen between C&B(it was kinda weird that they used the bit from one of the previous episodes, about the mochitos and the beach towels). too bad the best things always happen in the finales

And I like that Demming's a good guy. It would be too cliche if it turned out that he's some kind of a psycho, or just generally a douche.

And since it's my first post here, I'd like to say hi to all of ther users!

loser-no1

[10]May 11, 2010

Somehow just wonder if Demming is even nicer. During the cometition, his express changed, seems to notice how Castle react. The way they look at each other when they enter the room from different entry.

Is it possible that the kiss is a goodbye kiss and kind of withdraw from the real competition?

Castle seems happier in the preview.

Morspeed

[11]May 11, 2010

loser-no1 wrote:

Somehow just wonder if Demming is even nicer. During the cometition, his express changed, seems to notice how Castle react. The way they look at each other when they enter the room from different entry.

Is it possible that the kiss is a goodbye kiss and kind of withdraw from the real competition?

Castle seems happier in the preview.

I doubt that. Beckett seemed pretty happy after that encounter, and I don't think she would be if Demming was bowing out because of Castle.

David8601

[12]May 11, 2010
    Love triangles rarely last past 6 ep's anyway, so here's hoping this wraps up soon. I always liked the interaction between Castle and Beckett even if it wasn't romantic, I just liked how they were. This thing now kinda reminds me of Chuck and Bones, not worthy of the writers at all.
    Still it's in the back of my mind, for such a "trained detective" Beckett can't see whats going on between the guys either that or she set it up which makes her a manipulative cow. I thought her "none of your business" retort was a bit hypocritical, in the past she's cracked up plenty jealous of Castles relationships and Castle could have told her "none of your business" but didn't.
    And yes Castle was asked in the start was there anything going on but denied so really he's only got himself to blame for that. He not only sot himself in the foot , he removed it!! It'd actually be refreshing for once to see someone say when asked that "yes there's something going on I want her, now back off " lol.
    Welcome to TV land .
    Rant oover

ollyhume

[13]May 11, 2010
    • level: 8

My full published review. Get it while it's hot.

I gave it a 7.9. I felt the case itself lacked focus in the first half and was overshadowed by the tension between Castle and Deming. Not as good as last week, but decent nonetheless.

JonathonWolf

[14]May 11, 2010
    • level: 10
    David8601 wrote:
    Love triangles rarely last past 6 ep's anyway, so here's hoping this wraps up soon. I always liked the interaction between Castle and Beckett even if it wasn't romantic, I just liked how they were. This thing now kinda reminds me of Chuck and Bones, not worthy of the writers at all.
    Still it's in the back of my mind, for such a "trained detective" Beckett can't see whats going on between the guys either that or she set it up which makes her a manipulative cow. I thought her "none of your business" retort was a bit hypocritical, in the past she's cracked up plenty jealous of Castles relationships and Castle could have told her "none of your business" but didn't.
    And yes Castle was asked in the start was there anything going on but denied so really he's only got himself to blame for that. He not only sot himself in the foot , he removed it!! It'd actually be refreshing for once to see someone say when asked that "yes there's something going on I want her, now back off " lol.
    Welcome to TV land .
    Rant oover

It's funny how we don't notice the things around us. It could be that she's convinced herself that Castle's affections are all an act or just part of who he is. He's done enough playful flirting with her throughout the series that are strategic strikes at humor. I think he even admitted part of his hitting on her in the beginning was just to sleep with her. She may not have noticed because she's just not been put in the right frame of mind; she's not really looking for signs of what his feelings for her are.

Admittedly, it is a bit hypocritical of her to snap at Castle for insinuating Demming was her boyfriend. Castle has always been open with her about himself and his past; Beckett has shared very little about her past. But people can be hypocritical about that kind of thing. The fact that she still keeps so guarded with Castle means something, but I can't think exactly what. Maybe she's afraid to let anyone one, especially him. I know there's something in the psychology of relationships that makes her comment very telling.

Starprincess13

[15]May 11, 2010
    • level: 24

addy91 wrote:

And since it's my first post here, I'd like to say hi to all of ther users!

Hi back!! Welcome to the forum!! Welcome to LikeItOrNot1958 as well!!!!!!!!

Starprincess13

[16]May 11, 2010
    • level: 24

I thought that this was a pretty good episode. Not amazing but good.

My favourite parts were Castle adding the sudden doofus character of 'Schlemming' to the novel, Esposito, Ryan and Castle getting all interested in the expensive shaving cream, the cry talk (I was with Castle in that scene, I have no clue how Beckett was able to tell what she was saying, especially the first few sentences) and the two separate killers. The case wasn't overly interesting but the two separate killers alibiing each other out was a really good twist. Castle and Demming with their little competition was amusing but not as much as I thought it would be.

I'm looking forward to the finale next week, mainly to see what Castle does, whether or not he really mans up and tells Beckett how he feels and what he wants.

David8601

[17]May 11, 2010
    I'm making bet that Beckett shoots Castle down in the finale, she's the more guarded and uses humor to deflect any suggestion of closeness to him. Unless I miss my guess Kate's going to feel he gets too close and too honest and do a runner in some sense. I remember when Beckett told Jordan Shaw that the situation with Castle was "complicated" and I thought "WTH is she talking about?" because IMO the relationship isn't that complicated at all except in Beckett's mind which is largely fear based when it comes to Castle anyway..
    The psychology of relationships and her doing that (mind your own business) was simply that he got too close to home. The phrase you hurt the one you love comes to mind and I reckon it's along those lines but it's late and I need coffee
    oh::: Demming = Blah..

haldrey

[18]May 12, 2010
    • level: 22
    This one was more comedy than mystery but exceptionally good as always.

zeldashiek

[19]May 12, 2010

TO be honest I loved this show. LOVED IT and it killed me to give the last couple of episodes and abysmal ranking. There is a reason why I quit watching Bones and it had to do with lazy writing and having to fall back on unrequited love and love triangles and after experiencing that kind of pain Castle went through and his face. I couldn't keep watching. I really hope that Demming gets off the show quickly, it sad that I actually HATE the guy I admit it I HATE him... it was sad to see the group of 25 people all watching on Campus at my school all walk out after the "kiss" and almost all of them loyal fans and now all quitting show never to watch it again.

I was a fan from the beginning and I have loved Nathan from Firefly and Stana from 24. I bought the book, the dvd, and I have watched every episode not missing a moment and now... I just don't want to watch right now.

I am giving this show one shot and it kills me to say it... and if it does not get better and if they do not get rid of Demming I am gone. If I wanted to see people get hurt and relationship drama I would watch desperate housewives or Maury. I watched this show because of the actors, the great writing which is suffering now, and the interaction of the characters. I really do not want to quit the show but I might... feel free to flame me but I know I am a devoted fan that is just so hurt and tired of what is going on...

I and about 25 of my friends agree and I have heard of more. PLEASE PLEASE don't ruin the show

lipoahi

[20]May 13, 2010
    • level: 1

zeldashiek wrote:

TO be honest I loved this show. LOVED IT and it killed me to give the last couple of episodes and abysmal ranking. There is a reason why I quit watching Bones and it had to do with lazy writing and having to fall back on unrequited love and love triangles and after experiencing that kind of pain Castle went through and his face. I couldn't keep watching. I really hope that Demming gets off the show quickly, it sad that I actually HATE the guy I admit it I HATE him... it was sad to see the group of 25 people all watching on Campus at my school all walk out after the "kiss" and almost all of them loyal fans and now all quitting show never to watch it again.

I was a fan from the beginning and I have loved Nathan from Firefly and Stana from 24. I bought the book, the dvd, and I have watched every episode not missing a moment and now... I just don't want to watch right now.

I am giving this show one shot and it kills me to say it... and if it does not get better and if they do not get rid of Demming I am gone. If I wanted to see people get hurt and relationship drama I would watch desperate housewives or Maury. I watched this show because of the actors, the great writing which is suffering now, and the interaction of the characters. I really do not want to quit the show but I might... feel free to flame me but I know I am a devoted fan that is just so hurt and tired of what is going on...

I and about 25 of my friends agree and I have heard of more. PLEASE PLEASE don't ruin the show

I totally agree. Hope they get rid of that character soon