Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: Probable Cause 5x05 (Oct 29)

TesserT

[1]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 78
    Please use this thread to discuss episode Probable Cause. Enjoy!

From ABC.go: The investigation into a ritualistic murder turns up evidence linking Castle to the crime, leading Beckett to wonder how well she really knows him.

Check out the promo over at ABC.com Castle's fingerprints: It was probably an accident! Fiction becomes reality: The killer could be Castle!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canada_Michael

[2]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 10

This will be a fun episode to watch, but one that everyone knows will work out in the end. It may cause some tension in their relationship but it won't be long lasting, since Castle knows they just can't ignore clues & pretend they're not there .

wildhoney66

[3]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 13

or he could be smart and deal with it and say this is why i hadn't told you this yet. it's kind of hard to tell to be honest what his reaction will be. cause he can go both ways. he can be immature about it or he can have martha say honey you idiot be honest with her. either way he'll prolly at some point maybe tell her why he left this out about him. i dunno just a guess

JonathonWolf

[4]Oct 29, 2012
    It's hard to say. From the sneak peeks, it looks like he's completely innocent, and someone is framing him. I could see him buying jewelry for Beckett, but I'd think he would be smart enough to at least tell her about it once things starting going sideways.

JonathonWolf

[6]Oct 30, 2012
    I liked this episode, and the twist was interesting. And now whole core family knows about Castle and Beckett, and that each other knows. I also like that Beckett never lost faith that Castle was innocent. And that Gates fought for Castle in her own way. She sees the kind of person Castle is; she just doesn't like him as a person.

wildhoney66

[7]Oct 30, 2012

1stly i can't stand the character gates. i can't stand her i'm sorry. i love the actress she's an amazing actress and she was bearable in this episode

to be fair. but she's a bitch. i wish they'd replace her and put in someone who we can identify with i guess you could say. like Roy for example he was a hell of a nice guy. and he also could be a dick if it was needed. there are episodes that he's in where even i can say that. but there's not that many episodes where i can say i like gates. very few honestly.

great episode though. and though i loved the ending i don't think 3Xk or whatever his name is, is well dead. he's still alive. but either way i loved the shooting. it made me wish that he could do that a bit more often on the show. not every week of course. i kept waiting for the next scene to be gates going who gave castle a gun?

like Roy did in that one episode. i say his 1st name cause i don't want to misspell his last name. that's all. also one thing i was kind of hoping that would be written in is him talking about his marriages a bit. and why they failed. cause i dunno i had a feeling that maybe the evidence would have

maybe had them or one of them show up or something? i dunno either way yes everyone pretty much knows now. but let's face it i was hoping lanie would have said something to her. not have a scene with kate freaking out. but even though it's nice they had her do that. i can't see her do that say in season 2. for example. to anyone really, plus i was waiting for to say I KNEW IT! but oh well. having the gang find out i knew was going to happen. but it was faster than i thought it was going to be.

haldrey

[8]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 22
    Everything and everybody worked well in this episode.

wildhoney66

[9]Oct 31, 2012

i agree, and honestly this next episode is the 1st episode this season i'm not dying to see. though there's no doubt it will be a good one. but it

didn't grab my attention like nearly every episode this season has so far. well the promo's i mean.

BarryWeen3

[10]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 14

wildhoney66 wrote:
    also one thing i was kind of hoping that would be written in is him talking about his marriages a bit. and why they failed. cause i dunno i had a feeling that maybe the evidence would have

maybe had them or one of them show up or something?

That didn't happen because that storyline is going to play out in Episode 10 this season called "Significant Others" as the DFT makes a reappearance.

wildhoney66

[11]Nov 7, 2012

oh i honestly hadn't heard about this thanxs for the heads up

BarryWeen3

[12]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 14

You're welcome.

From the Editor: Please post future episode info in the SPOILERS THREAD. Episode discussion only in this thread. I've posted the info deleted over in that thread.
    Edited on 11/09/2012 10:50am