Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Secret Santa 5x09 (Dec 3)

wildhoney66

[21]Jan 7, 2013
    • level: 13

oh i agree 100% but the thing is you can't always blame the people who make the show no matter who it is, i heard a story about star trek 3. when the enterprise blows up. i guess L. Nemoy and sorry about misspelling his name. but apparently he wanted that to shock the audience yet the studio wanted to put that in the trailer. i can't remember if he won his case or not, i don't think he did but my point is they didn't understand that he wanted to keep that as a shocker of an ending not have it posted everywhere.

if you listen to audio commentary's on various tv shows the people who make whatever show fight to the death and say we want to keep this as a suprise but the network put these together and instead of understanding that they use it to get ratings and viewers. that's all they care about.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

matthewgiven3

[22]Jan 7, 2013
    • level: 4

Oh I was never baliming the producers. It's the add departments that the producers have zero controll over that put out bad adds. Nimoy tells that story in I am Spock and he still saounds a little mad about it He thought that surprise moment would really up the tension heading into Kirk's final showdown if it came out of nowhere and then the add department at the studio decided it had to go in the trailer because it was the most expensive shot in the movie. Never mind that the whole point of the shot was ruined by putting it in the trailer. Add departments are rarely run by people who know much about story telling. That is why Hitchcock would always demand total control of his films' add campaings in his contracts,he didn't want anyone showing something he didn't want shown.

wildhoney66

[23]Jan 7, 2013
    • level: 13

well hitchock was a freaking genius! though the birds is a subpar and boring flix. many people seem to love it. he isn't the only one to do this though. and Nimoy is right of course and so are you. they don't always know what is good or bad for their product. kinda like downloading music and movies etc.. i'm one guy who doesn't think it's a big deal if someone does is.

some may say well that's stealing well to some that may be i'm not going to fight anyone over that. but the way i look at it if you have a big film

and you are dying to see it but say your area doesn't carry it. or you can't drive to go to the movies. you download it. and sometimes you can watch the movie and if you like it than you can go and see it. and it can also help you decide if you want to buy it as well. they aren't losing money in my book the movie industry cause for one thing if you keep making crap people won't go and see it. they download first depending on the film.

and i've remarks from people on the IMDB boards when "Scream 4' came out that said i loved it but i want to go and see it in the theatre and i plan on buying it as well. granted that wasn't the greatest film in that series it was still enjoyable. also sometimes when films are hard to find or out of print it helps studios get submissions by fans that than therefore decide if it's worthy of a release on any format. in short it can help these people make money. there's no doubt people download episodes of castle but do they still buy it yes they do. i download some episodes of castle

when i missed episodes and you know what? since i don't watch streaming stuff that often. i have the whole series on dvd! that are on dvd of course. so either way i'm buying it. people have made me copies of films that they've downloaded and if i enjoy it i buy it. same goes with music.

my point is these people in charge of these tv shows and movies & music don't know how to see the big picture on how to make money. they aren't open to make money different ways. if studios or the RIAA would ask these various companies that let you download stuff say 10 or 20 %

or even 50% of the cut these companies should say ok if it means we don't have to go to court and to jail. and you are also making money than that's what should happen instead of going after people who download stuff. my point is with all my ramblings here is that when it comes to an episode of say castle these departments when they do these promos don't always think and say well what can we put in that won't spoil who the killer is or who was killed or got killed? they put stuff that give stuff away to like i said get viewers and ratings.

and sorry for going off topic a bit